**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Archangel Overrated?

2»

Comments

• TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    flomer said:

Repeat please..

3000 dmg per second without bother..

This is pretty much the perfect matchup so not really sure how this proves OPs point on his weaknesses and downfalls
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Ive barely been playing this game half a year and got cavalier because of AA, so tell me, is he overrated?
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    This post is legit 2 years old...
  • Not many Champions have both Bleed and Poison Immunity within the Skill-Class which has weakness versus Mutant and nor does Tech-Class which counters the Mutant-Class. Additionally he does have a few decent External Synergies depending on who you partner him with too.

Compared to Colossus; Arch-Angel would be an upgrade for potential Damage-Per-Second with many useful Utility options. Only Wolverine could rival Arch with Bleed Damage amongst his Health Regeneration for a strong combination of Damage and Defense. Having both Arch-Angel and DarkHawk has allowed me to become comfortable with both play-styles.
  • flomer said:

Repeat please..

3000 dmg per second without bother..

Damage ticks at half second intervals so that is 6k per second
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I thought that not long ago, but decided to take him to r5 because I had spare resources, after playing around with him in 6.4 he’s definitely not overrated, tons of damage and utility, he is somewhat niche but nowhere near to the extent of someone like sym, but in a good matchup he’s just as good as someone like sym would be
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Everyone has their limitations. You can effectively use AA in stun immune limber nodes. You just have to fight better. If you rely on parry then... AA isn’t the right champ for you. You can intercept specials with a heavy, heavies with his heavy and he places bleeds and poisons with specials.
  • Patchie93 said:

And just so you know his Neuro toxins expiring will stun a stun immune aw boss. And he has multiple ways of getting poison besides blocking and of getting bleed besides heavy.

Heavy is just the most efficient way.

In my opinion, the Special 1 is the best way to get poison/neurotoxin
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Youdead00 said:

Patchie93 said:

And just so you know his Neuro toxins expiring will stun a stun immune aw boss. And he has multiple ways of getting poison besides blocking and of getting bleed besides heavy.

Heavy is just the most efficient way.

In my opinion, the Special 1 is the best way to get poison/neurotoxin
    Dude, why are you reviving this post? It's already been revived before.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

Ive barely been playing this game half a year and got cavalier because of AA, so tell me, is he overrated?

Haha he was unduped when he carried me through cav and still is, but the moment I awaken him, he’ll go straight to r5. Not everyone understands AA. Yes he doesn’t work on everyone, but for the champs he does work on, he has 100% AAR, Domino only has 15. Not to mention Domino needs other synergy members to match AA damage. He’s a stand alone champion that doesn’t need synergies or suicides to be good (yet benefits off them since you dont have to throw sp1 or sp2) Did I mention the regen counter and being AAR immune? So if anything hes not overrated, he’s underrated
    Faseeh said:

Everyone watch out. This youdead00 is reviving old posts

Noticed, it's a troll account. No one joins the forum and immediately searches "Archangel overrated" or "Magneto buff ideas".
  • DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    I am going to have to disagree with you
    there he is actually is very very underrated

He can clear entire lanes in act 6 out of shear damage output and he can clear almost everyone on those paths because of his insane ability accuracy reduction
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Archangel is the best champ in the game when there is a non-immune opponent. In 99% of scenarios, that is.
    Kill_Grey said:

Archangel is the best champ in the game when there is a non-immune opponent. In 99% of scenarios, that is.

*cough* Quake *Cough*

0 blocked hits, 0 contact, 100% AAR, still better than AA against non-immunes at least imo.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

*cough* Quake *Cough*

0 blocked hits, 0 contact, 100% AAR, still better than AA against non-immunes at least imo.
    I say better because of the speed and efficiency at which he does it. Don't forget that sym supreme, doctor strange, OG black widow, black widow DO, hit monkey and a lot of other anti-quake champs exist.