**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

.07716% chance to get the same 5 star awakening gem 4 times.

2»

Comments

• ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    edited May 2018
    If you have opened five 5* awakening gems and have gotten Cosmic every time. Your chances were (0.0416666667), not (0.07716).

Each time you open one you have a 1/6 (0.1666666667) chance to obtain a specific Awakening Gem. Now the way I did it was multiply the 6 by 4 because you have done it 4 times. So 1/6(4) = 1/24 or (0.041666667).
    I may be wrong just have no idea where you obtained (0.07716)

And talking about your title. It would be (7.716%) in your case. To convert a decimal to percent you multiply it by 100. So with that being said in my opinion your percentage should be (4.16666667%) and not (0.07716%)
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    raffster wrote: »
    Seriously, if Kabam really invested in a more fair game dynamics there would be something in the game engine that detects what players need the most and things as extremely frustrating and disappointing as this don't happen anymore.

Yes Kabam, please invent a mind-reading algorithm that analyzes our brain waves and can tell what we think we need.

I don't think kabam needs a mind reading algorithm to make this work. Certain items that take for ever to get such as these five star awakenings should be available as an exact class catalyst. For example, the Infinity Dust store should actually contain a: 5* cosmic / mystic / science / skill / mutant / cosmic awakening gem and you can only choose one.

That's how a customer-oriented company would do it. You don't have to complicate things to make it a win-win for everybody.

With the amount of time and resources it takes to get a 5* awakening, the game company should have enough compassion to provide the players something that won't disappoint when they finally earned it.

Makes sense?
  • RedRubRedRub Posts: 15
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    RedRub wrote: »
    I am fine keeping the RNG aspect.. Just give us a chance to pay resources to reroll the class.. Many RNG-based games have features like this... Diablo 3 has ways to reroll stats on items for a cost.... Maybe this would give us another way to use some gold besides leveling other characters. I am all for the reroll having a cool down resetting period thing as well. Maybe a user can only reroll 1 gem every 14 days or something to that effect.

Unless you have some way of acquiring more than one 5* awakening gem every fourteen days, a 14 day cooldown doesn't really affect anything at all.

If you reroll it and you dont get the one you want (if you want a specific one), then yes, of course the cool down system means something... it means you have to wait another two weeks to try again... and pay the resources again...
    If you have opened five 5* awakening gems and have gotten Cosmic every time. Your chances were (0.0416666667), not (0.07716).

Each time you open one you have a 1/6 (0.1666666667) chance to obtain a specific Awakening Gem. Now the way I did it was multiply the 6 by 4 because you have done it 4 times. So 1/6(4) = 1/24 or (0.041666667).

And talking about your title. It would be (7.716%) in your case. To convert a decimal to percent you multiply it by 100. So with that being said in my opinion your percentage should be (4.16666667%) and not (0.07716%)

Probability tutorial : https://www.enotes.com/homework-help/6-sided-die-rolled-four-time-what-probability-180677
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    I am fine keeping the RNG aspect.. Just give us a chance to pay resources to reroll the class.. Many RNG-based games have features like this... Diablo 3 has ways to reroll stats on items for a cost.... Maybe this would give us another way to use some gold besides leveling other characters. I am all for the reroll having a cool down resetting period thing as well. Maybe a user can only reroll 1 gem every 14 days or something to that effect.

Unless you have some way of acquiring more than one 5* awakening gem every fourteen days, a 14 day cooldown doesn't really affect anything at all.

If you reroll it and you dont get the one you want (if you want a specific one), then yes, of course the cool down system means something... it means you have to wait another two weeks to try again... and pay the resources again...

You're saying you would let someone reroll the same crystal over and over again until they got what they wanted? I assumed you meant they could reroll once, and if they did they had to take what they got, and could reroll a *different* crystal 14 days later.

If instead you meant reroll the same crystal as many times as desired with a fourteen day cooldown between rolls, then that's completely pointless. 5* awakening gems are so rare and so far between opportunities that only an idiot would stop rerolling and take anything other than the exact crystal they wanted to have. The fourteen day cooldown would not factor into my rolling decision at all, and I can't imagine anyone giving up on rerolling just because there was a two week cooldown.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Probability tutorial : https://www.enotes.com/homework-help/6-sided-die-rolled-four-time-what-probability-180677

That's the probability of rolling a 6 four times in a row. The probability of rolling the same thing four times in a row is not the same thing as rolling a 6 four times in a row. It is (1/6) ^ 3 ~= 0.0046 or 0.46%. The first roll can be anything, the next three must be identical to the first. An alternate way to look at it is the probability of rolling the same thing four times in a row is equal to the probability of rolling all 1s plus the probability of rolling all 2s, plus all 3s, etc. There are six such probabilities, each with the odds of happening equal to (1/6)^4. So the odds of four identical rolls is 6 times the odds of all 6s, which is (1/6)^4 * 6 = (1/6)^3 = 1/216.

That's the probability of rolling a 6 four times in a row. The probability of rolling the same thing four times in a row is not the same thing as rolling a 6 four times in a row. It is (1/6) ^ 3 ~= 0.0046 or 0.46%. The first roll can be anything, the next three must be identical to the first. An alternate way to look at it is the probability of rolling the same thing four times in a row is equal to the probability of rolling all 1s plus the probability of rolling all 2s, plus all 3s, etc. There are six such probabilities, each with the odds of happening equal to (1/6)^4. So the odds of four identical rolls is 6 times the odds of all 6s, which is (1/6)^4 * 6 = (1/6)^3 = 1/216.

But I did say cosmic in the post. The cosmic is the same as the six on a die. Yes, if you take the % that I initially stated and divided it by 6, you would get the probability of getting any of the classes 4 times in a row. I would have loved 4 mutants in a row though. AA, iceman, rogue all awakened ? Yes, please.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Exactly. Out of 6 awakening gems opened, 2 skill, 3 science, 1 mutant. Not as bad as some of you, but it’s maddening. Last 2 have both been science. I already have awakened quake and duped void. So now I get to hold them for, I guess, the day I finally pull Thor rag and infinity wars captain America???
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    and another reason why you should quit
  • Avengerboy99Avengerboy99 Posts: 99
    I had literally all the class tier champs in my roster, except a skill one. And lo, I got 4 Skill Awakening Gems, and 15 skill sig stones. *Sigh*
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    I hear you OP. I opened 4 crystals and here is what I got:

Crystal 1: Mutant
    Crystal 2: Skill
    Crystal 3: Science
    Crystal 4: Cosmic

The chances of that happening are .07716 too!!! WTF RNG??? Why do I even play this game?