Welp...

NevvBNevvB Posts: 287
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
Welp.. there goes my dream of getting a 5* starlord.

Comments

  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    There's still hope. Next thing you know there will be 5* basic and featured arenas.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 7,967 Guardian
    True, although your odds of getting a 5* Voodoo or Hyperion have increased somewhat.

    I don't know what the ballpark odds of subfeatured are, and I haven't thought about this quantitatively yet, but my gut instinct is telling me that saving for featured is now the better play over drawing basic over and over until you get the basics you want. I don't know if that is true or not, but the odds of drawing some very powerful 5* champs have just increased from zero to something higher than zero.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    There's still hope. Next thing you know there will be 5* basic and featured arenas.

    And you have to use Starlord as your avatar before replying to him. How considerate of you lol.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    Wolfe wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    There's still hope. Next thing you know there will be 5* basic and featured arenas.

    And you have to use Starlord as your avatar before replying to him. How considerate of you lol.

    I lol'd
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,819 ★★★★
    My concerns as well. The chances of duping 5*s just went way down. I hope this was taken into consideration because I'm not real thrilled about having several unduped 5* staring back at me.
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 232
    Be calm.....lol..
  • TroncTronc Posts: 25
    This bbcode is nice
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,368 ★★★★★
    It was inevitable, and it's a great new system to rotate the Basic/Feaured/Recently Featured Champs. I actually think it was necessary. The 5* Crystals were becoming stagnant. This way, buying a Featured gives you a Champ that's not in the Basic, no matter what.
    Besides, there's ALWAYS a chance. :)
  • TroncTronc Posts: 25
    It was inevitable, and it's a great new system to rotate the Basic/Feaured/Recently Featured Champs. I actually think it was necessary. The 5* Crystals were becoming stagnant. This way, buying a Featured gives you a Champ that's not in the Basic, no matter what.
    Besides, there's ALWAYS a chance. :)

    The issue is obviously those who don't have sl. 5* sl is so necessary for the game. lol exploration is far too expensive without him.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 7,967 Guardian
    It was inevitable, and it's a great new system to rotate the Basic/Feaured/Recently Featured Champs. I actually think it was necessary. The 5* Crystals were becoming stagnant. This way, buying a Featured gives you a Champ that's not in the Basic, no matter what.
    Besides, there's ALWAYS a chance. :)

    If I understand how this works, that's not true (the part about the Basic). I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm going to use some just for illustration purposes. The featured crystal used to have a chance for featured, lets say 20%, and a chance for basic, lets say 80%. Kabam Miike has said that the chance for featured is still the same, so in this case still 20%. But there is a new chance for an old featured, what they are calling the subfeatured. That chance is smaller than the featured chance. So let's say 5%. The devs carved out 5% from the 80% chance for basic, so now that's 75%. The featured crystal went from being 20/80 to 20/5/75. There is still a chance to get a basic champ.

    The real numbers are probably different, but that's the principle.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,368 ★★★★★
    edited May 2017
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    It was inevitable, and it's a great new system to rotate the Basic/Feaured/Recently Featured Champs. I actually think it was necessary. The 5* Crystals were becoming stagnant. This way, buying a Featured gives you a Champ that's not in the Basic, no matter what.
    Besides, there's ALWAYS a chance. :)

    If I understand how this works, that's not true (the part about the Basic). I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm going to use some just for illustration purposes. The featured crystal used to have a chance for featured, lets say 20%, and a chance for basic, lets say 80%. Kabam Miike has said that the chance for featured is still the same, so in this case still 20%. But there is a new chance for an old featured, what they are calling the subfeatured. That chance is smaller than the featured chance. So let's say 5%. The devs carved out 5% from the 80% chance for basic, so now that's 75%. The featured crystal went from being 20/80 to 20/5/75. There is still a chance to get a basic champ.

    The real numbers are probably different, but that's the principle.

    I see. I must have misunderstood the Post. So that would be the Basics, minus the ones added to the Basic Crystal that month. Those are removed from the pool?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,368 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    It was inevitable, and it's a great new system to rotate the Basic/Feaured/Recently Featured Champs. I actually think it was necessary. The 5* Crystals were becoming stagnant. This way, buying a Featured gives you a Champ that's not in the Basic, no matter what.
    Besides, there's ALWAYS a chance. :)

    If I understand how this works, that's not true (the part about the Basic). I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm going to use some just for illustration purposes. The featured crystal used to have a chance for featured, lets say 20%, and a chance for basic, lets say 80%. Kabam Miike has said that the chance for featured is still the same, so in this case still 20%. But there is a new chance for an old featured, what they are calling the subfeatured. That chance is smaller than the featured chance. So let's say 5%. The devs carved out 5% from the 80% chance for basic, so now that's 75%. The featured crystal went from being 20/80 to 20/5/75. There is still a chance to get a basic champ.

    The real numbers are probably different, but that's the principle.

    You're right. I wrote a reply and tried to edit it too many times. Now it's in Approval. LOL. I misunderstood the Post. It's another chance at a Champ not in the Basic. Still an improvement.
  • TroncTronc Posts: 25
    Test
  • TroncTronc Posts: 25
    Teat3
  • Mr_WiffMr_Wiff Posts: 190
    OK so minus some champs, if you think about how many 4 stars are there. The odds will be just the same if not lower because some champs will not be added. I do think that Kabam needs to lower the shards that are required. Maybe if a 4 star dupe gives 75 shards and the cost for a basic is 4k shards and for a featured is 8k shards.
Sign In or Register to comment.