**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

We Need More Gold Outside of Arena - Ideas and Solutions!

becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
I'm sure some people are pleased that Arena's will cost a bit less gold and give a bit of gold sooner than they did before but this change doesn't help the growing portion of the player base that is incredibly bored of that game mode but still plays multiple hours per day doing all the other content. Grinding arena for gold makes sense, those players get more champions and the additional gold needed to level them, but it can't be the only method of obtaining what is, in my opinion, a very basic resource that shouldn't be acting as such a gate to progression as it currently is.

I'm not suggesting we do away with gold being a limited resource entirely - since managing more resources can add value to a player's rank up choices - just that we need to up the gains across the board so that we can break this stagnation of a player's roster where they can go a month (or two, or three) not being able to level up their shiny new 5 and 6 star champions. Leveling up and then playing with new and different champions is one of the main draws of this game which, right now, is being hindered dramatically by gold rewards that haven't changed in a year (!) or more.

Now I know Kabam is worried about the game's economy and flooding it with too much gold so any changes have to contain the key element of being non-farmable. This is important as it allows them to control exactly how much additional gold a player has access too while ensuring that players cannot farm or grind the increased gold payouts which would devalue gold significantly.

Possible Solutions and Ideas

1) Add a large stack of gold to each months event quest which would be split between completion and exploration.
- For example if you wanted to give players 1 million extra gold each month then Heroic could give 50k/150k (complete/explore), Master could give 100k/200k, and Uncollected could give 150k/350k.
- This would give most players a reliable and non-farmable source of gold each month. Can easily be scaled up as the game advances to higher star level champions and higher difficulties of content.

2) A new gold solo event that would run daily or weekly. No ranked rewards.
- A good way to reward players for doing somewhat simple things in the game with a decent amount of gold. Some examples of the tasks could be Win 25/50/75 Fights, Use 20/30/40 different champions, or Deal 100k/200k/300k damage. Things you can work toward in almost any game mode.

3) Remove the gold cost for AQ Maps 4 and 5, Reduce the gold cost for Map 6.
- This wouldn't help players who do Map 3 or less, so not a total solution. Map 6 must retain a cost so that alliances are not forced to play it every day. Battlechip costs can almost be considered the same as gold costs and could also be removed/reduced.

4) Increase the AQ exploration gold payout.
- Simple change, adding more gold to a consistent game mode of that can't be farmed.

5) Run a weekly gold realm quest which only pays out gold on completion and exploration.
- Not a preferable solution for many as it adds yet another thing a player must do on an already packed schedule that would also take energy and most likely be ran using auto fight.

6) Adding large sums of gold directly to the login calendar.
- Has the problem of not discriminating between a players level of progression which could lead to giving newer accounts too much gold.

7) Large gold payout for clearing Labyrinth of Legends additional times after it has been fully explored.
- This would give very end game players a way to convert their skill, roster, and overflow items into gold. To balance the gold gain versus the difficulty of different paths and fights each fight could give a different chest based upon the difficulty of that fight. You would only receive the accumulated chests upon clearing the map. To prevent farming there could be a limit put in place for this "Labyrinth Gold Run" perhaps something like 2 times a month max.

That's what I could come up with in an hour or so of thinking about it. If you have any other ideas please remember to keep the key element in mind and keep it positive. The goal is to find and propose solutions that Kabam could realistically implement into the game!

Comments

• Options
    Any other ideas out there?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Okay, it's clear the issue isn't the amount of Gold in the game if people are still requesting more. We had access to millions last month through the extra content, they just adjusted the Arena, there's twice the amount in Crystals this month, and it's already present in abundance. You have to put some kind of effort into making it and holding on to it.
  • Options
    cAncAmO wrote: »
    People want earn gold without playing the game, and i don´t agree with this.

This isn't the case, in fact it's exactly the opposite. You have players (like me) who do ALL of the content, hours and hours of playing, and still end up with very little gold. The problem is that there is almost no gold present in any of the content. All of my suggestions above (other than the calendar, which isn't a great option anyway) give the player gold for playing the game, which is how it should function right?
  • Options
    SirDuke_83SirDuke_83 Posts: 27
    Twice a year have a gold day that doubles all gold rewards for 24 hours
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Why should i store gold that won't make me get it faster? I need to spend it which is why more ways are needed I agree with this thread.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Why should i store gold that won't make me get it faster? I need to spend it which is why more ways are needed I agree with this thread.

That's the whole point. People are spending it faster than they are making it. It's never enough when you don't pace what you put out. It's insatiable.
  • Options
    The argument that players are short on gold because they are wasting it or not spending it wisely doesn't hold up. How do I know? Because my own experience proves it. I haven't ranked up a single unnecessary champion in months and I save every possible resource I can acquire (gold, units, loyalty, crystals, etc.). I do every piece of content, including AQ 5x5 and AW, and yet because I don't play Arena the only time I've had a significant increase in gold is when dungeons came to the game. It just doesn't make sense for the most basic resource in the game to only be available in any significant quantity from ONE game mode. Again, I'm not arguing that arena shouldn't have gold and lots of it, I'm simply saying that it should also be available in other modes (in much larger quantities than it is right now). Rank up and level up costs have increased dramatically since 5 and 6 star champs have been released, so much so that you can expect to level up 1 maybe 2 different champions over the course of a few months which is just insanely slow compared to the rate at which you acquire heroes.
  • Options
    BarogsBarogs Posts: 59
    Since they did dungeons last month and deadpool's gold crystal is out (both which provided a great supply of gold) the gold shortage is less of an issue now. I would highly suggest investing a few hundred units into the deadpool gold crystal. Better investment than the regular gold crystal and those units you can get from hitting all basic arena milestones
  • Options
    ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    I don't know how people are not gaining gold, because a couple weeks ago I used maybe 600k in a level up spree and I made it up within a week so that I could go on another spree
    I don't actually track what I do, but it seems kinda inconsistent
  • Options
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    I don't know how people are not gaining gold, because a couple weeks ago I used maybe 600k in a level up spree and I made it up within a week so that I could go on another spree
    I don't actually track what I do, but it seems kinda inconsistent

Are you running map 5 in AQ? if not then you might be gaining some gold from map 3 since there is no map cost. Also 600k gold might seem like a lot but that's only enough to rank a single 4 star champ to 5/50 using only class specific ISO. The cost jumps to over 800k with grey ISO. Once you start gaining and leveling up 5 star heroes the amount of gold required goes up to 1.5 million or higher depending on ISO used.