**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Tag Team Fights (3v3 or 2v2?)

KnobyKnoby Posts: 61
edited June 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
I don't know if it's possible but I would like it if there was a feature like in Marvel Vs Capcom 3 & Infinite where 2 fighters or even 3 can hop into one fight and you can switch mid fight between them.
I feel like it could add dynamic and strategy as you can match up your characters more fluidly and maybe even perform tag team moves or hold specific specials back and unleash them on your preferred enemy.
Enemy teams should consist of three as well.
Maybe it could be added as a new mode/event and into arena mode, if possible into story mode as well.

Bosses could have soldiers, or in Ultron's case his minions, as their co fighters and now you'd jump into quests with a group of up to fifteen fighters as in 5 squads of three

Consequently I'd like if the possibility to choose which special attack you want to use was added.
Cause sometimes you prefer the effect of one lower special or you want to just drop a special one on a minion and save the two other bars for the boss, or just drop three special ones.
Damage scaling would have to be checked of course.
I would really like that kind of control.

Thanks for reading. Have a good one.

Comments

• Options
    Would like if Dark phoenix had an ult which deals super crazy damage but she kills herself in effect
    That would only be possible/viable if it's at least 2v2
  • Options
    namelessnameless Posts: 31
    Sounds like Injustice mobile to me
  • Options
    I heard of injustice before. But it's with DC characters right? Hm. I might give it a try. Although I don't like many DC heroes

Good for them though.
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong, I love contest of champions but fights kinda get too short or stale if they are longer, if it's just one character vs one
    I feel like two would give more dynamic

But a different combo system with more character specific and unique animations would also be neat to switch up the monotony. I know there's lots of strategy involved but just some flashiness and visual variety would be nice
    Maybe combos could be more dependent on timing too like Tap tap swipe hold for .5 secs (while animation for longer combo move triggered by swipe is made) then tap and finally swipe again or something like that
    Maybe have a combo where spider man pulls someone towards him using half a bar of his meter and the can follow up with another combo
    combos that can connect and bounce off each other would be nice
    In that case a combo breaker mechanic should be added- maybe if you mirror the attack of your opponent at the right time two times in a row or something like that
    Or a brutal combo breaker like in bleach heat the soul back in the day where you spend a bar or two of energy and get out of the combo

Of course launcher combos, air combos, a jump mechanic and a simple small range attack for many characters and stuff like that would be nice too
    But that's probably hard to achieve

I'd also like if bigger characters like hulk had longer medium attack based combos and shorter light based combos
    Medium based combos would ofc deal more damage but have slower startup
    Light based are faster but deal less damage
    Would add some more uniqueness to each character
    Like Spider-Man can do 5xTap but only 2xswipe in a row
    Hulk can do 4xswipe but just 2xtap in a row
    So hulk would have to pre strike or wait for whiffs from spidey and then strike making for a more tangible change in play style as opposed to just different passives and supers
    Hulks combos could have many dizzying or stun effects so he goes on a roll once he's got the first strike
    It would be hard to get that first strike du to speed and dexterity of faster enemies

Maybe every character has only seven combos, but each with different animations/moves and maybe chances for status effects
    I'd prefer that over super many combos that just stick existing animations of L and M strikes together just in different orders and have only benefits for some characters if passives are bound to them
    Others can just spam the MLLL into special 1 or 2 combo or MLLLM combo
    Varying startup frames for specials would be nice too
    So you can't just chain all of them the same way

I understand that's a lot of rework but it could be worked on on the site until it drops as a big update- I'd even pay for that
    Or save it for a sequel game although I really like the graphics and designs of this one
    I would like it if the combos were more fluid though

In the meantime a mechanic could be added that if you switch up between combos instead of spamming you gain more energy and way less if you spam endlessly

Also passives like dexterity could have some visual clue like a dodge animation each time they are triggered
  • Options
    GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    Kabam is too lazy to do that, plus it'll create 10 more bugs if they add it

Everything Kabam makes contains a ton of bugs, so don't even think a 3v3 Kabam game would be nice
  • Options
    They could just be a small team, you know? But I don't know. I wouldn't fight you over it lol

They have a dope art squad though
    And a lot of the game design is neat too. Just not complex or challenging enough to make me spend more than aike twenty minutes a day on this game
    But it's a mobile game, so I get it. Accessibility, less resources and weaker hardware, so you gotta compromise somewhere
    I just think there's still room for improvement within, without losing casuals as auto combos and specials still do work
    I understand it can take a whole lotta time though, so I'm not quick to judge
    I'll definitely check in every day and do a couple matches

But overall I still prefer marvel vs cap games on console
    But I prefer the character designs here. Also they have more characters and constantly add new stuff.

I'm still hurt from the leaked roster of marvel capcom infinite
  • Options
    Eos_Nano_XEos_Nano_X Posts: 304
    Not a bad idea. Pitch it through the feedback forms too
  • Options
    Really don't think they're lazy when I think about it. They constantly add new stuff when they don't even have to
    Well, I guess they kinda have to cause right now it's more like Pokémon than a real fighter. But, it's still pretty good for a free game. Can't really complain. It's just really sad cause the groundwork is already laid and the controls are very innovative and intuitive for mobile.
    If built upon and with a little risk it could revolutionize major ip mobile gaming and increase the respect and reputation for that branch from real gamers, not just casuals and collectors (no knock there, I enjoy my fair share of that kinda stuff as well).
    An upgraded version or soft remake with the same but remastered character designs (maybe add more texture, shader effects), better engine, smoother combos, netcode for live online battles, as well as bluetooth mode, a few starring heroes with unique combos and a more advanced fighting system including launchers, jumps, zoning tools and combo breakers for like 5 bucks would be the way I'd go.
    Then again I don't have any cash on line, so it's not really fair to say for me. I still say it cause from my view right now it seems most rewarding for both parties.
    Fairer or easier RNG would be a nice compensation for the 5 dollar starting price, and along with the new better fighting system, enough incentive for most summoners to make the jump. Vets could be appeased by the notion that they choose five (or even all) heroes they want to transfer to the remake. If they aren't remastered yet, they'd receive them as soon as they re release.

I think a lot of new people would join in too, with the right marketing. It should be made clear that it will be something else than other mobile games.
    I'd also give characters only one slot and have them be upgradable to another star level by picking up a dupe of the same hero.
    Skins, additional combos, Supers and even ults could be picked up in rarer quality of life loot boxes for collectors, giving them what they want.
    While us fighters would have what we need for five bucks. Cause it's not like we'd spend money on a game that's not fun to us anyway. We'd rather not play it, no matter how pretty and how many new characters are released.
    And if the game's fun and challenging, I'd even be willing to spend a couple bucks for the chance to get that 2000s Cyclops skin with the short sleeves. Or a neat Cable skin.
  • Options
    I think that risk could ultimately pay off. It's a risk nonetheless.
  • Options
    And to top it off a quick buy option for characters (not skins or combos and so on) for that remake would be sick as I really want Cable and know I won't ever get him with this kinda RNG. I'd rather pay two bucks and be done with it than grind twenty thousand hours or buy two thousand crystals and still not get him with my luck.
    I feel like I'm not the only one with that sentiment.
    Overwatch showed that only locking cosmetics or quality of life stuff behind RNG can work crazy good if the game is fun. With an ip like Marvel it'd be even easier to succeed, so I don't even call it that much of a risk.
    And maybe a mobile game could even get away with locking additional later added gameplay elements like "dlc" combos, skin related Supers and ults behind RNG. Which are freely customizable and choosable once you receive them.
    Or maybe they are just bound to that skin, as well as changed passives and stuff like that.

Get this up there guys, even if it sounds kinda crazy right now. Every art form can evolve and especially mobile games have so much potential. And it's easier by mimicking the closest art form like real games, like in this context Marvel vs Capcom or for the RNG aspect Overwatch as they did it most successfully. Somebody needs to pioneer, why not Kabam?
  • Options
    Can't flag me cause it's just a perspective from a guy who can't really heavily get into mobile gaming in its current state but likes enough of it (like the accessibility, constant updates and big reach) to be intrigued and play here and there. Trust me, there's many like me. And all it takes is a little push to get us all to be more active and even spend money on this game.
    New combo animations and 2 dollar quick buy of up to two at least four star characters would be two easy ways to incentivize some of us.