**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Old Champs Falling Behind

13»

Comments

• Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Nabz034 wrote: »
    Gamora, Gamora, Gamora, Gamora! Please buff Gamora!!! She sucks 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

There are a ton of worse champs out there. She is mid-tier at worst.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,546 ★★★★★
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    Nabz034 wrote: »
    Gamora, Gamora, Gamora, Gamora! Please buff Gamora!!! She sucks 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

There are a ton of worse champs out there. She is mid-tier at worst.

Gamora is a perfect example of a neglected champ who is a vestige of a MCoC that hasn’t existed in a while. There are easily 10 cosmics who greatly outperform her in today’s game, and only a few not as good. Which is sad...she’s now a well-known character outside of comics enthusiasts with an interesting back story. She deserves better.

Dr. Zola
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    I will go one step further: there’s a whole class of champs who aren’t terrible but also aren’t all that useful. They populate the 5* and 6* just as much as the old ones—but they are on the order of “pretty good pulls” that would be workhorses for a new player, but are simply arena fodder for veterans and they get ever more outclassed each time a new champ is released.

The end result is still disenchantment. I continue to believe the main sources of fun in MCoC are (1) getting new, useful champs, (2) getting materials to improve those champs, (3) playing with friends. These all support the sense of accomplishment (albeit virtual and not owned by you under the TOS).

When Number (1) doesn’t happen, it diminishes (2) and along with it the player’s overall sense of accomplishment.

Dr. Zola

In my opinion, this is a post that I wish more people took to heart -- to me, there's a huge difference between pulling a character you don't prefer vs. one you can hardly use.

For instance, I don't particularly care for Archangel as a character. Never really have. But clearly, the character is amazingly useful.

I actually like She-Hulk as a character. I also recognize that if we're being fair, she probably should just be poison immune, have enhanced durability, perhaps some level of healing. But because this game doesn't allow for super-strength to really be a factor unless it is an actual design component, a 4/40 Hawkeye hits as hard as a 4/40 She-Hulk.

That is what makes some characters basically unusable -- if the developer doesn't give She-Hulk the ability to Armor Break or have persistent charges to ramp up damage, there is almost no reason whatsoever to use She-Hulk instead of almost any other character. None.

That is what is frustrating to me the most: Something like that has to be in the base design of characters like a She-Hulk. It should not be a synergy. It should be something where a developer is always asking, "If a player could use Hulk or She-Hulk, we know why they would use Hulk. Why would they use She-Hulk?"

If you can't answer that question, a character needs help
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Gamora is bottom three cosmic with Groot and Kamala.
  • BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    Belfigor wrote: »
    there is no economic gain by buffing old champs, they gain more money by producing new champions instead.
    look at then thing, Ben should just been a stronger colossus, so armor up only, b0t what did kabam do? yea little more advanced than armor up only.
    Kabam might buff older champs if they decide to release a special crystal of that champ at the same time, but i doubt it, it is easier(and economical) to just add new ones

This is demonstrably false. If you got a 2015 Champion only in 2015, that might hold true. New Champions, new content, new utilities, new meta... Moving on. However, when you get a 2015 Champion in 2019 and are expected to handle the 2019 content and meta, there is absolutely value for Kabam in buffing older Champions to be useful again. Not only does it not royally p--- off the player base to pull that Champion, but people work harder to acquire resources to invest in a broader variety of Champions instead of saving resources for specific must-have Champions. It means that they'll play more, work harder, and maybe even spend a few dollars to get what they're looking for. There are tons of players that have saved up T4 and T5 Catalysts (and T2 Alphas) for use with specific Champions that they don't yet have instead of using them on the ones that they do have that aren't worth the investment.

Every Champion should ideally be worth investing in. Every single one. This does not hold true, and that's bad for business for Kabam. If every Champion had value, Kabam would be able to economically benefit from people trying to gain the resources necessary to best use those Champions.
  • Kushstar420Kushstar420 Posts: 192
    MODS! please pass this to the game team
    "buff more old champs please"
  • username92847username92847 Posts: 292
    edited January 2019
    GUILLOTINE !!!! I luv her, but my teammates are right....
    as compared to other mystics, she lacks enough functionality, to justify ranking her, even tho i just dupd my 6* Guilly.

Heal reversal is awesome, but she should also have an armor break on Sp1
    (to handle all the champs, that REQUIRE an armor break) & Sp3 should include NULLIFY !!

Even better, how about a single nullify AND armor break on a heavy attack?
    That would make her A LOT more useful & would justify ranking.
    (of course, that would be the demise for corvus & ppl would stop ranking him)

Seatin is right !!!....MCOC is just a adv. techie version of rock, paper, scissors.
    but, some rocks are better then others,
    & the scissors aren't always sharp,
    & you dont wanna see, ...whats on the paper.