**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

IMIW and Domino are game breaking champs

Comments

• Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxZvEnvtJGs

6* Domino wrecked by Gulk. Couldn’t get her to use her sp1, no problems evading her heavy attack. Tag LOL if you have no comeback.

AW will show how unbalanced Domino is.

everyone knows GHulk is a great counter to domino.....
    but there is 130 champs in the game and there is only one who clearly dominates her.....
    and only a few others who have a decent chance.....
    that is not game balance....

i dont have GHulk... can you tell me how i can add the 4*,5* or 6* to my roster???? we need mor options then just him unless we can specifically choose to purchase him......

also i must say i have not noticed any issues with failed dex or block breaking today... i suspect that may have been hotfixed.....
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    ESF wrote: »
    So far, there's only one aspect that's being investigated. She's just good. We'll adapt.

But see, earlier you were defending the release just to defend it. I have the character, and I was telling you that the mechanic can't work like that.

Again: You can't adapt to a character that can break blocks AND neutralize evade.

Not sure why you are bothering with him. Don't have to adapt much in bronze 1. She's a very concerning champ. She'll be beatable with the right champs if you play perfect and have some good RNG. I really don't like her design, she shouldn't be able to interfer with Dex and such.

I normally don't get drawn into tit-for-tat on the site anymore, but that was frustrating because you know I have been trying to be pretty calm about this, because I do have the character and tbh, I enjoy playing with it.

But there's a bigger picture here -- that example I gave about her block breaking, then one-shotting, an OG Vision after neutralizing an evade: That was real-life. It happened to me.

Kabam said that the Visions were a good matchup against her, and that's a true statement: They don't proc any buffs.

But people who kept trying to say "git gud" or "just adapt," maybe now they'll freaking listen instead of running off at the mouth when people are trying to tell them that a mechanic isn't interacting properly

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    So far, there's only one aspect that's being investigated. She's just good. We'll adapt.

But see, earlier you were defending the release just to defend it. I have the character, and I was telling you that the mechanic can't work like that.

Again: You can't adapt to a character that can break blocks AND neutralize evade.

Not sure why you are bothering with him. Don't have to adapt much in bronze 1. She's a very concerning champ. She'll be beatable with the right champs if you play perfect and have some good RNG. I really don't like her design, she shouldn't be able to interfer with Dex and such.

I normally don't get drawn into tit-for-tat on the site anymore, but that was frustrating because you know I have been trying to be pretty calm about this, because I do have the character and tbh, I enjoy playing with it.

But there's a bigger picture here -- that example I gave about her block breaking, then one-shotting, an OG Vision after neutralizing an evade: That was real-life. It happened to me.

Kabam said that the Visions were a good matchup against her, and that's a true statement: They don't proc any buffs.

But people who kept trying to say "git gud" or "just adapt," maybe now they'll freaking listen instead of running off at the mouth when people are trying to tell them that a mechanic isn't interacting properly

I believe you. At this point I don't know if she's working as intended or bugged. Probably a little bit of both. I really don't like her interfering with core mechanics and masteries. To me that's broken. I mean we buy parry and Dex now they take them away on occasion against her, not only that take damage. The option is to spend more and take it off to fight her? That wouldn't work well either.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

I believe you. At this point I don't know if she's working as intended or bugged. Probably a little bit of both. I really don't like her interfering with core mechanics and masteries. To me that's broken. I mean we buy parry and Dex now they take them away on occasion against her, not only that take damage. The option is to spend more and take it off to fight her? That wouldn't work well either.

That's what I'm saying -- if you tell me, "Hey. You are gonna have to Intercept 100 percent of the time" with the character, OK. Fine. That's the deal.

But people can't act like Evasion/Dexterity isn't a core part of Intercepting -- eventually, you have to do a Backdraft Intercept, or bait out a special. I know some guys can Stand-Up intercept with Magik all day long, but that's because you can Power Drain. You can't just Stand-Up intercept with every character -- eventually, you have to evade and bait.

That's what was irritating about the "git gud" people -- she's RNG-based. I said that. I'm not a noob -- I know how to play. I don't come crying about characters, either -- I don't think Blade is all that great. I wasn't in here crying about Infinity Gauntlet Thanos. It took me some revives, but I managed to get him down.

I'm not crying about Domino, even. I'm just saying that this character's interactions with the game are really problematic, and just like block break wasn't intended, there are some other interactions that need to be looked at -- and just because RNG hasn't shown them to some people yet, those people need to stop talking and listen
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Mcord117 wrote: »

6* Domino wrecked by Gulk. Couldn’t get her to use her sp1, no problems evading her heavy attack. Tag LOL if you have no comeback.

You are smarter than that. He does appear to be the best solution but obviously not everyone has him at high rank, and chances of pulling him as a 5* are 1 in 130

This wonderful guy is proving my point. My immediate answer was GULK but only 3*. Maybe Jane but that’s ludicrous.

But why are those 2 our only real immediate options? Mephisto ok but again 3-130 chance or aprox. 1/44 chance at either of them. I had a 1/10 chance at SL, Magik and Hype last month got non. In fact that Magik crystal had ANGELA too so that was a 1/5 chance to pull a nice champ. Literal ULTIMATE/LEGENDARY CRYSTAL ODDS and it’s not a practical pull. But it’s not just 1 aspect of her

It’s also her projectile basics. Proxima unless you wanna get REAL intimate with intercept REAL FAST.

This is why older champs need to be reworked more often. And it’s nit always about damage cause let’s face it between AA, SL, Sparky, and the all powerful cosmic class (Hype, Medusa, Corv, Drax, Angela, Marvel, Marvel, BB, Thor…) you ain’t being relevant solely by being another beater. It’s all about utility and interactions with other abilities and we need to not only request nerfs but also buffs so even if we don’t have GULK… oh look the Marvel Twins can absorb most passive energy damage into POWER, or Ultron working between them, or Hulkbuster’s armor is increasing… or SIM builds up resistance similar to resistor nodes passively whenever he takes physical or energy damage (making bleed/poison very useful) (each time he gets takes a tick of anything it goes up and then goes down similar to Work the Crowd but maybe slower)

Or maybe Iron Fist can have AAR based on how long it’s been since HE triggered that ability increasing delays or something while building up passive damage resist based on his meter (and small armor shatter plz!)
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    disagree....imiw just takes practice with every champ either get good or it will keep being a problem for you..same with domino ...sorry just get good at fighting...and practice til you are sick..

@Grimmbanana You clearly don't know what you're talking about here with domino. Practice does you no good when you can't prevent degen. Let's see your videos of your 3k champs taking her 17k version out since you're so gud.
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Mcord117 wrote: »

You are smarter than that. He does appear to be the best solution but obviously not everyone has him at high rank, and chances of pulling him as a 5* are 1 in 130

This wonderful guy is proving my point. My immediate answer was GULK but only 3*. Maybe Jane but that’s ludicrous.

But why are those 2 our only real immediate options? Mephisto ok but again 3-130 chance or aprox. 1/44 chance at either of them. I had a 1/10 chance at SL, Magik and Hype last month got non. In fact that Magik crystal had ANGELA too so that was a 1/5 chance to pull a nice champ. Literal ULTIMATE/LEGENDARY CRYSTAL ODDS and it’s not a practical pull. But it’s not just 1 aspect of her

It’s also her projectile basics. Proxima unless you wanna get REAL intimate with intercept REAL FAST.

This is why older champs need to be reworked more often. And it’s nit always about damage cause let’s face it between AA, SL, Sparky, and the all powerful cosmic class (Hype, Medusa, Corv, Drax, Angela, Marvel, Marvel, BB, Thor…) you ain’t being relevant solely by being another beater. It’s all about utility and interactions with other abilities and we need to not only request nerfs but also buffs so even if we don’t have GULK… oh look the Marvel Twins can absorb most passive energy damage into POWER, or Ultron working between them, or Hulkbuster’s armor is increasing… or SIM builds up resistance similar to resistor nodes passively whenever he takes physical or energy damage (making bleed/poison very useful) (each time he gets takes a tick of anything it goes up and then goes down similar to Work the Crowd but maybe slower)

Or maybe Iron Fist can have AAR based on how long it’s been since HE triggered that ability increasing delays or something while building up passive damage resist based on his meter (and small armor shatter plz!)

agree 1000000% and the Luke cage and Red Hulk thing was great but not enough by itself.... many others should follow suit.... it will help with game balance (much more than nerfing anyone) and also bring some life into older otherwise unused champions.
    you dont even need to buff them to god levels just a little something that would make them a particularly good choice for a handful of scenarios even.....
    or an allround average champ.....
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    edited June 2018

Someone has finally shown a good video against her! Very good stuff.

Unfortunately that is still only 1 champ.
    BigTime wrote: »
    disagree....imiw just takes practice with every champ either get good or it will keep being a problem for you..same with domino ...sorry just get good at fighting...and practice til you are sick..

@Grimmbanana You clearly don't know what you're talking about here with domino. Practice does you no good when you can't prevent degen. Let's see your videos of your 3k champs taking her 17k version out since you're so gud.

HMMM… 430 (couldn’t read last number) per critical failure

Captain Marvel 3/30 11% fury ALL attacks
    9010 health

5 hit combo, I get it once, it triggers about 3 times overall due to the delay

1290 damage already

Another 5 hit combo for aprox. 2580

2 more combos and 5160 in only 4 combos (20 hits)

Even with pure intercepts and godly Evade you’d take half your life in only 29 hits WITHOUT even looking at suicide masteries which thankfully she’s poison immune but recoil and double edge are only so strong. And even with regen-engine it’s only bleed and it’s not as strong as it once was. Ignoring the lower base health after recoil you’re healing only 45.05 a second or 22.55 a tick. It’ll take more than 20 ticks to heal 1 failure and and even with maxed 16 seconds of it that’s only 32 ticks. Barely 1 and a half

That’s 40 full combos and you’re dead on the next combo
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Don't say 'git gud' for 'adapting' to a champ that'll kill you in seconds even with godly intercept,Cause believe it or not,Dexterity is core part of Intercept,Messing with that to make it fail is ludicrous,Maybe kabam will make Dexterity Passive and then we can all be relieved
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Maybe we can get some insight in the form of videos of Kabam game developers or forum moderators using certain champions against Domino to show the community how to properly fight her?
  • sawe5456sawe5456 Posts: 31
    Maybe we can get some insight in the form of videos of Kabam game developers or forum moderators using certain champions against Domino to show the community how to properly fight her?

never happened
    never will

woulcd be great but with the way champs are designed and how bugs happen i find it hard to believe that there would be many people at kabam skilled enough to actually do this
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    I fought her in a merc mission with sparky. I recorded it to analyze and saw I took 14% hp damage from a parry. Then about 32% hp damage from hitting her with my sp2. How can anyone defend someone with class advantage taking more damage from using their sp2 then their opponent takes for being hit by it?
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    She'll be twice as buffed as a war boss...
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited June 2018

They don’t actually play the game, at least not at the level most of the playerbase does.

This is why they created the content creators program.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★

I DISAGREE WITH YOU
  • Viper83Viper83 Posts: 210
    come on she is no where close to as difficult as IMIW. she fairly easy have you fought her get in aw?
    edited June 2018
    Viper83 wrote: »
    come on she is no where close to as difficult as IMIW. she fairly easy have you fought her get in aw?

It’s not that she’s hard to fight it’s the insane forced damage as doing anything except standing there (and if you’re Spider-Man SE… ALSO JUST STANDING THERE)

Edit: he’s tech so she can’t reduce his ability to refresh taint by dashing back and standing there…
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    if they can adjust sentry easily without doing a beta then they should start doing that to old champs.
    whats the point of old useless champs that we can still pull from 5* crystals? makes no sense and in a constructive manner I wish they adjusted all the old champs

EXACTLY! Kabam is full of BS!!
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    My main concern is that we have almost no options besides 5 (being generous) per new INSANE OP champ besides the usual counter released within a month or 2 of them

We need more buffs. Imagine if Groot/OML got the Rulk treatment in control of their charges. Keep bringing it up. Ask why Gamora and Hawkeye can’t “wait for another signature use” like LC

Why can’t this one be resistant to bleed or poison or energy damage debuffs or passive damage etc…

Why can’t Classic/WWII Captain America block unblockable with a parry (no really why?!)
    Furthermore if that is a valid question, can CIVIL WARRIOR parry projectiles?

What if Gambit was made AFTER Nebula?

Why does Classic Panther LITERALLY have no niche even as the “original token bleed champ” when Wolverine and Drax were also originals?

Why shouldn’t IF or cyclops have armor break?

Why can’t Abomination be like Thor Ragnarok or Mephisto with his poison?

Why can’t HB switch between tank mode and assault mode like NC or spidergwen?!

What if we added more tag interactions?
    What if we added more class interactions?

What if… we stopped demanding only nerfs and instead started demanding BUFFS too?! What if even if we didn’t have THE BEST counter but we still had amazing checks based on newer-ish mechanics but not always the same potency or ease of use

YES! 😊👍
    Viper83 wrote: »
    we want two things
    1. blade for all
    2. add villain tags to every other champs.

lmao....
    we dont actually want this......
    i know i dun wanna just have blade to rule them all......
    i wanna be able to use multiple champs.......

we just dont want total bs
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 826 ★★★★
    Most players can overcome a single IMIW or Domino but what’s gonna happen when you have 5 just on your path alone. No diversity is why people complained so loudly about AW prior to season 1 maps full of NC, Spidey and MD5 mystics. It was not fun in any shape form or fashion. And it’s not going to be fun now aside from having to face the same 5-7 champs throughout the map these new nodes are just evil. Plagued mind and all or nothing on the same node. Counter tactics and breakthrough gtfoh. The counter for one buff is negated by the other.
  • BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    I think everyone is pretty much on the same page here, iron man is a good new tough champ that’s gonna push everyone’s skill forward...but domino..domino on the other hand I think is really bad for the game. Every time I fight her no matter how skilled I play, even if I play perfectly, you just can’t do anything about critical failure. Every single fight, quarter minimum health gone, imagine in season 3 when diversity is gone and she’s everywhere? I think everyone knows this is obviously a strategy to get more money out of players in war but in all honesty it might loose more money than you make because of the frustration and enevitable quiting. (Which honestly I think a lot of players are getting close to, and a lot of newbies are getting the picture before they even start investing in the game)
  • VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    edited June 2018
    at least Kabam HAVE to make a character and see the comics too..

DOMINO NOT THAT GOOD... NOT THAT BEAST in comics... she's not better than Deadpool.... WHY MAKE SOME CHARACTERS so over-rated?!!

WHY BEST CHAMPION YOU MAKE IT JUST SO SO CHARACTERS LIKE DR. STRANGE?

Crazy Kabam
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom weren’t you complaining about the assignment domino yourself?!
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/75444/domino-mercs#latest

And that wasn’t even about her inexplicability of breaking blocks without use of unblockable or heavy attacks

However she’s manageable. An entire class puts her down and she has predictable intercept timing

Not to say I wouldn’t mind her getting taken down a peg or 2 to remove the penalty of LOSING DEXTERITY (which is such a vital part of gameplay at high level that ALLIANCE QUEST FINAL BOSS DORMAMMU IS NOT AWAKENED BECAUSE OF DEXTERITY)

As for IMIW I’d make my peace if the timing was better. Space out the Sp1 and make it have just an extra tic or 2 of ending lag and maybe smooth it out similar on that Sp2.

Actually the only true nerds would be ther suppisedly hidden abilities to break blocks and interact with non molecular armor. Aside from that I think most people would be content with keeping dexterity and having more than a half frame to punish IMIW after specials