**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

IMIW and Domino are game breaking champs

hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
IMIW - in war, people who have him in high tiers can basically stop the other alliance. If you don't have him you're **** out of luck and you will lose wars.

Domino - enough has been said about her lazy game-breaking design. When a champ affects the abilities of every other champ in the game and has no counter, that's game-breaking.

Something has gotta be done about these champs. Fix them. Remove some abilities. It's ridiculous how this is the direction the game is going.

Comments

• Options
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Well imiw is tough no doubt but not game breaking. Faced him in tier 3 on node 38 this war and only gave up one death. Domino is very concerning though.

There's a harder node for him that I won't say but he is near impossible on that. Wayyyyyy harder than on 38
  • Options
    CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    Every new champ is problematic until everyone has gotten experience with them. MODOK was supposedly the ultimate game breaker awhile back. Magik and her limbo in war? Now everyone is adjusting. There are ways around everything. Everyone needs to start chilling out just because they face a new challenge that they can't just walk right over
  • Options
    Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    hurricant wrote: »
    IMIW - in war, people who have him in high tiers can basically stop the other alliance. If you don't have him you're **** out of luck and you will lose wars.

Domino - enough has been said about her lazy game-breaking design. When a champ affects the abilities of every other champ in the game and has no counter, that's game-breaking.

Something has gotta be done about these champs. Fix them. Remove some abilities. It's ridiculous how this is the direction the game is going.

Actually ironman is pretty easy now for most just watch videos, don't hit him when he has 3 or more armors, be prepared to use Dex on all his specials and when he is below 15 use only heavies.
  • Options
    mike867 wrote: »
    Well imiw is tough no doubt but not game breaking. Faced him in tier 3 on node 38 this war and only gave up one death. Domino is very concerning though.

There's a harder node for him that I won't say but he is near impossible on that. Wayyyyyy harder than on 38

Thats the arc overload node lol

Not arc.
  • Options
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    I think domino is new and needs more study....Once done, you surely can beat her too. I defeated a 8k domino with vision 2.5k so I dont think its gonna be too difficult. Sure i took some damage but thats because im new to her moves list. IMIW was same exactly 2 weeks back. We should let Domino run for 1 month with players and then see

At what cost in resources should we test it out? And the only concern is her on major nodes in war with large attack and health pool. The 8k example is rather meaningless. I have killed multiple 17k but I can see where this is going

Well for starters, Vision is double immune and has no ability triggers....Specials drain power and he seems perfect counter....Let's wait a few weeks till people post videos of how to take her down

I was using vision against her. My parry failed, she evaded me and then killed me with 1 combo
  • Options
    roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★

Yea I think it's starting to catch on, we faced it this morning in war. Oof I felt bad for my alliance mate who had to fight it completely unexpectedly.
  • Options
    roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    I agree.

I'm not outraged as much as a lot of people here as I didn't find her to be terribly difficult, however I'm extremely worried that in the mix of all this craziness happening with her, and the fact that there's hundreds of "abilities" loosely defined in this game, that she's actually broken - even only if slightly - and it's hard to prove it because we don't truly know what she should and shouldn't be triggering lucky on.

I've seen people's *blocks* get triggered on, is that supposed to happen? Is a block an ability? If so why isn't a light/medium attack? I truly feel something's off with her that the devs need to fix but we just won't be able to get to that point unless we get some detailed dev responses to the questions in all these threads.

Things are being lost in translation with the mods and the devs/game team. No doubt in my mind.
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    Just stopping by to say I love my 5* Domino and please don't change her.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Domino maybe Iw iron man no
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    At what cost in resources should we test it out? And the only concern is her on major nodes in war with large attack and health pool. The 8k example is rather meaningless. I have killed multiple 17k but I can see where this is going

Same cost as Dormammu AW bosses cost players from February to October 2017 before Blade was released
  • Options
    Second verse, same as the 1st. They both can be beat. They both require new skills and learning. Oh no, something that stops you from ran sacking the game. Yeah, IW Iron Man is tough. He decimated a few people in my Alliance. However, one of my old members sent us a video of him beating a 5* R4 duped IW Iron Man with his 3* Maxed/Duped Hyperion. Did it with ease. You just have to learn their quirks is all. Posts like this are a waste of valuable time. Instead of whining about how tough it is, spend some time learning how to win with what you got. People complained about Magik, Hyperion, Dormammu, Iceman, etc... then you figured out their weak point and used it. Domino can be beat pretty easily with Stark Enhanced Spider-Man or Star Lord. For every champ they make, there's always a counter. Just because you haven't found it yet, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
  • Options
    OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    Forget the attempt to gain poise. There's the 3% evade chance that can also trigger it.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

You and I tend to see this game, gameplay through the same lens.

I have the 3-star Domino, and awakened her. Played it pretty thoroughly last night.

I haven't written about it yet because, yeah, we should all be concerned. I don't play high-level AW, am basically a solo player now.

But I am not a noob. Week 1 player, 500K roster even with a weaker 5-star bench. I have seen everything that has happened in this game.

Domino. Yeah. People should maybe be a little concerned about this one -- and I don't normally sweat powerful characters and game design