**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are two stars worth maxing out?

Are two stars worth maxing out? 138 votes

Yes all
60%
ArcDeAngelusGroundedWisdomVoluntarisShrimkinsThe_OneShynight00Erza_ScarletGround_Round1JRock808Spity68mum_m2Mhykkevg2782Maat1985Dale_DobacDexman1349TheManMythLegendAxeCopFirePiviotheruheru511 83 votes
Featureds only
4%
adknight27DankestChefShadPrinceMastersensaiDragonking732Clatonius 6 votes
Never
35%
MRod77RaganatorLoPrestiMayhemEliOrSomethingbuffajrK1lltasticSon_of_OdinMSRDLDadramelchDERPYREVENGERAlCapone2727Darknrahl2VuDahMityAntKenshioVerguldflygamerHendrossCrimsontide1616 49 votes

Comments

• The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Yes all
    Yes but only for extra level up points
  • MRod77MRod77 Posts: 154
    Never
    if you have only been playing a few days then yes, but anything past that heck no.
    Never
    if you have only been playing a few days then yes, but anything past that heck no.
  • Ajjohnsbb8Ajjohnsbb8 Posts: 191
    Yes all
    Do it. But not until you max better champions
    Never
  • DomizthebestDomizthebest Posts: 87
    Yes all
    I'm well past that account level son I'm not sure
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Yes, then No, then Yes again. Maybe No again later, but I'm not there yet.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Yes all
    Watch out for another two-star only arena that can payout 5 star shards
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    Yes all
    if you wanna be top 5 max every star hero out ....if you want a high prestige go for it....im doing it and its helping slowly but surely it will get you somewhere ...maxed out heros in arenas makes everything easier
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Yes all
    if you wanna be top 5 max every star hero out ....if you want a high prestige go for it....im doing it and its helping slowly but surely it will get you somewhere ...maxed out heros in arenas makes everything easier

Maxing out 2* won't ever get you a high prestige
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Yes all
    I only max out the 2 stars during level up when i need it. other than that they stay put
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Yes all
    all of my 1 stars, 2 stars, and 3 stars are all maxed.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    I do it for SA and level up sometimes since the resources are easily available and wasting T4b and alphas on junk 4* champs just to level up doesn't sit well with me.

• JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Yes all
    A max 2 star is more 3 star shards when you dupe them. More 3 starbshards is more 4 star shards when you dupe them, etc.

In the days of 5/6 stars this may not matter as much, but back in the day 4 stars piled up much quicker with maxed lower star champs.

They aren’t adding any new 2 stars to crystals so may as well max them out, at least the sig.
  • BoegotaBoegota Posts: 51
    Yes all
    I have all of my two star champs maxed out and continue to max out the newest ones I obtain from the Marvel Insider site simply because I'm King of the Jungle in the two star arena right now with all my two stars maxed.

I'll eventually get there with all of my three stars but as I'm not and won't be there for awhile yet, I like to enjoy the supremacy that having all of my two star champs affords me in the one & two star arena.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Never
    Huge waste imo
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Voluntaris wrote: »

Why would you keep max 1*'s? Sell them. So you can pull fresh ones if you need the points for advancement or level up events.

Other than that, unless you're doing the 3* arena, there is no need to level them up outside of what you need to quest and until you have 3s or 4s to take their place. Then just stop and save those resources for future champs that matter towards actually advancing in the game. Rank and level when they serve the purpose for events only.

And I say that having created a baby account a year and a half after my main, and my baby account can easily go toe to toe with my main,and I played it much less.

Maxing everything for the purpose of maxing? Waste of resources.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Never
    crogs wrote: »

Why would you keep max 1*'s? Sell them. So you can pull fresh ones if you need the points for advancement or level up events.

Other than that, unless you're doing the 3* arena, there is no need to level them up outside of what you need to quesand until you have 3s or 4s to take their place. Then just stop and save those resources for future champs that matter towards actually advancing in the game. Rank and level when they serve the purpose for events only.

And I say that having created a baby account a year and a half after my main, and my baby account can easily go toe to toe with my main,and I played it much less.

Couldn't agree more
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    Yes all
    I voted yes

But I’m a guy that wants to rank every guy I have to max(won’t ever happen)

So if you have a team that’s better then a maxed two star and never do the arena

It’s wasteful

Now side note

They did put in a 1&2 Star arena ONCE for a five star, doubt they’ll rerun it ever again cause it’s them(it was a good). It also adds something to your overall rating so if you a few points from getting 200k(or was it 250k). That’s usually the cutoff for the decent sorry we screwed you for a year here’s a lil something
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Yes all

Other than that, unless you're doing the 3* arena, there is no need to level them up outside of what you need to quest and until you have 3s or 4s to take their place. Then just stop and save those resources for future champs that matter towards actually advancing in the game. Rank and level when they serve the purpose for events only.

No, you can't pull new 1 stars once you become Uncollected.

Once you reach a certain point in the game, the resources that you need to level up 1, 2 and 3 stars become completely trivial. You can no longer "waste" them because you have more than you can use. And yes, I am talking about Gold and Iso as well as the various catalysts. When you begin duping 4 stars (and even 5 stars later on) several times a week, you have more iso than you can ever use. When you don't have the catalysts to max out 4 stars or 5 stars, your gold piles up into the millions.

So when you get to this point, yes you should absolutely be maxing everything for the purpose of maxing.

Saving for the purpose of saving?
    Waste of opportunity.
  • MayhemMayhem Posts: 91
    Never
    I don't even level up 3 stars anymore. There will be a point in time where I will, but after you get a good amount of 4 stars there is no point unless you super grind basic arenas. 2 stars are pointless though.
    AxeCopFire wrote: »

Once you reach a certain point in the game, the resources that you need to level up 1, 2 and 3 stars become completely trivial. You can no longer "waste" them because you have more than you can use. And yes, I am talking about Gold and Iso as well as the various catalysts. When you begin duping 4 stars (and even 5 stars later on) several times a week, you have more iso than you can ever use. When you don't have the catalysts to max out 4 stars or 5 stars, your gold piles up into the millions.

So when you get to this point, yes you should absolutely be maxing everything for the purpose of maxing.

Waste of opportunity.

Never said you could. I assumed someone asking the question was still new and far away from that point.

There is zero point in maxing for the point of maxing. What purpose does it serve outside of your ego for your overall rating? Not like it helps with prestige which is the only thing that matters for those that do AQ competitively. I'd rather sell what I don't use since it gets me shards for the next higher catalyst or more gold.

And saving for the purpose of saving is wasteful? You must be a mellenial.
  • Ground_Round1Ground_Round1 Posts: 1,012
    Yes all
    I would target 4-5 3* champs to rank up at a time...and went through my entire roster until they were all maxed out. Then I targeted my 2* the same way. And followed up with my 1*. I don't sell any champs, as they become a shard factory over time. And once they are at sig 99, you het shots at IIF as well.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Yes all

Waste of opportunity.

Never said you could. I assumed someone asking the question was still new and far away from that point.

There is zero point in maxing for the point of maxing. What purpose does it serve outside of your ego for your overall rating? Not like it helps with prestige which is the only thing that matters for those that do AQ competitively. I'd rather sell what I don't use since it gets me shards for the next higher catalyst or more gold.

And saving for the purpose of saving is wasteful? You must be a mellenial.

You must be someone who's never heard of solo events.
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    Yes all
    maxing out yes, leveling nope not at my position in the game
    edited June 2018
    [
    You must be someone who's never heard of solo events.

Well that isn't maxing for the point of maxing then is it? Learn to make an argument and not contradict yourself.

Because if you maxed for the sake of maxing, then you would potentially suck in advancement and level up events because you'd be ranking your 4's and 5's that you actually need and not have anyone else to rank and level to finish out a milestone.

Now if you leave those two's alone, you use them to fill out the end of an event. You don't go ranking away your 2's for the whole event. That is a complete waste of resources for a few item use crystals. And if you have that kind of gold surplus you must not be doing much ranking of 4, 5 and now 6 stars to ranks that require t4c, t2a, t5b, or you're just not at that point in the game. Just go through these forums and you see two types of gold threads. Ones that complain about too much gold and ones that complain about not enough gold. Usually the complainers in each are at very different points in the game.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    I'm going to max all my 2* and dethrone the arena king.

Who's with me?