**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Blade v mordo is back!

13»

Comments

• Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    I was actually defending Kabam with this as well as the AA change, until I saw that they had in fact told the community previously that this was the intended function or one they intended to keep in place. That really changes things. If you're going to go back on something that was officially put out to the community before, you REALLY should issue some prior notice or maybe even open a discussion on the topic to get some feedback. This was pretty low-down.
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    @RSoxNo1 and @Beholder_V

I think that now, Drax is working as intended. It took me some time to find, but back in november there was a small discussion about champions that could bypass Astral Evade and look what Miike told:
    There is no "official" list of Champions that can avoid Mordo's Astral Evade, as none of them are really supposed to. Those 2 Hit attacks also don't always work. If there is a framerate drop sometimes the Astral Evade will still activate, so some older devices are not consistent with them.

So, Drax, Archangel, Elektra, X23 should never avoid Astral Evade.
  • RSoxNo1RSoxNo1 Posts: 43
    @RSoxNo1 and @Beholder_V

I think that now, Drax is working as intended. It took me some time to find, but back in november there was a small discussion about champions that could bypass Astral Evade and look what Miike told:
    There is no "official" list of Champions that can avoid Mordo's Astral Evade, as none of them are really supposed to. Those 2 Hit attacks also don't always work. If there is a framerate drop sometimes the Astral Evade will still activate, so some older devices are not consistent with them.

The problem is there was a post by someone at Kabam (I forget who) back in November or December of 2016 on the old forums that definitively confirmed that Drax was a counter. Those forums are no longer available.
  • Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    Ok, if there wasn't another one where they said something different I'll concede that. But the AA stun piece is very clearly backing out of what was said originally. They outright said that AA landing stun on immune nodes was "working as intended".

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/41952/arch-angel-against-stun-immune-champs
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    RSoxNo1 wrote: »
    @RSoxNo1 and @Beholder_V

The problem is there was a post by someone at Kabam (I forget who) back in November or December of 2016 on the old forums that definitively confirmed that Drax was a counter. Those forums are no longer available.

I started this game in December 2016's last week. So... I can not say anything about the forums back there.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    RSoxNo1 wrote: »
    @RSoxNo1 and @Beholder_V

This is 100% correct...

It was asking if Drax's bypassing Mordo's astral evade was correct or not. The response was something to the effect of it was uninteneded, but Kabam liked how it was working so they decided to leave it.

Another thread had come up about the timing that allowed Drax to do it, again it was confirmed that it was unintentional, but it did work and they were not going to fix it because it would introduce some knock effects that would be bad overall.

All these are now gone though do to the forum upgrades post 12.0
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    528vqcguk5pf.png
    I found the one of the timing, maybe if someone screen the other one an uploaded to another place can find it, but would need to have a timetable to make it easier
    Just saw the timetable, dumb me lol
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    So, out of curiosity, are there ANY dimensional beings with Ability Accuracy reduction immunity? Only mystic or villain I can think of is Mordo, and he's not a dimensional being.

EDIT: Mephisto. Right.
  • spaceoakspaceoak Posts: 129
    So there was another thread about this that was closed without the discussion evolving into an answer. Basically a mod gave one bad response and considered it over. Well here I am trying again.
    Blades ds doesn't reduce mordos ability accuracy when paired with gr but does work when paired with mephisto/dorm. So it's working when he counts as mystic but not as a villain. I'm trying to wrap my head around what danger sense does in general, which seems to be 2 things: aa reduction that ignores aar immunity and increased attack. That's it. So when gr's synergy description says ds bonuses, plural, extend to all villains surely it includes both of the only 2 bonuses you get from ds. Right? It doesn't feel like a badly worded description, it seems very specific and very straightforward, unlike what the previously mentioned mod had to say.

The reality is they can change things whenever they want. The problem is notifying the community of when and why the change is occurring. Kabam needs to move from "this is not a change. Blade never worked that way against Mordo" to "Blade has been working this way unintentionally. We are changing it in the next release"

The community finding out by getting destroyed in fights because the game mechanics have been changed is a major problem. Kabam need to admit to the problem and get better. When they claim no problem exists it is becomes a double negative for the community. Not only did we get wrecked in a fight, but now we are being told what we experienced the last 8 months or more never happened. It is a real double gut punch with no hope of it ever stopping.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    spaceoak wrote: »
    So there was another thread about this that was closed without the discussion evolving into an answer. Basically a mod gave one bad response and considered it over. Well here I am trying again.
    Blades ds doesn't reduce mordos ability accuracy when paired with gr but does work when paired with mephisto/dorm. So it's working when he counts as mystic but not as a villain. I'm trying to wrap my head around what danger sense does in general, which seems to be 2 things: aa reduction that ignores aar immunity and increased attack. That's it. So when gr's synergy description says ds bonuses, plural, extend to all villains surely it includes both of the only 2 bonuses you get from ds. Right? It doesn't feel like a badly worded description, it seems very specific and very straightforward, unlike what the previously mentioned mod had to say.

The reality is they can change things whenever they want. The problem is notifying the community of when and why the change is occurring. Kabam needs to move from "this is not a change. Blade never worked that way against Mordo" to "Blade has been working this way unintentionally. We are changing it in the next release"

The community finding out by getting destroyed in fights because the game mechanics have been changed is a major problem. Kabam need to admit to the problem and get better. When they claim no problem exists it is becomes a double negative for the community. Not only did we get wrecked in a fight, but now we are being told what we experienced the last 8 months or more never happened. It is a real double gut punch with no hope of it ever stopping.

Not to mention it only fuels the conspiracy theories and fuels distrust.
    Its sad because of that @mostlyharmlessn @spaceoak it becomes specially annoying since they decide to ignore us all along, between new problems as the 6* crystal botch and the aw rig issue
This discussion has been closed.