**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Lowered war rating

ScottLangScottLang Posts: 149
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
So here we are in the final week of AW and some alliances that were high up are now floating around in the lower rating wars, which means people who are potentially trying to make that final push to stay in plat 2 or trying to get up from plat 3 could potentially get screwed, while the offender only drops down a season tier (from master to plat 1) and now they get 3 easy wars in a row which will most likely put them back in master. So tell me who really got punished here?

Comments

• Options
    NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    Hate to correct you, but most those alliances STAYED in master......also a big issue imo
  • Options
    I know atleast two who are in plat 1 currently but the issue is its really not going to effect them, war rating should stay the same but points should definitely be docked
  • Options
    Lol they are at 6.2x multiplier but yeah the collusion stuff is just as bad
  • Options
    Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    ScottLang wrote: »
    Lol they are at 6.2x multiplier but yeah the collusion stuff is just as bad

there should be a major diff between plat3 fighting for plat2 war rating and master demoted to plat1 rating. it's higly unlikely you will match them. And anyways, matching any of the same rated allies would still be almost guaranteed a loss, else you would be much closer to them.

sucks, truly, but if you get unlucky that's it. someone has to lose and someone to win.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    ScottLang wrote: »
    So here we are in the final week of AW and some alliances that were high up are now floating around in the lower rating wars, which means people who are potentially trying to make that final push to stay in plat 2 or trying to get up from plat 3 could potentially get screwed, while the offender only drops down a season tier (from master to plat 1) and now they get 3 easy wars in a row which will most likely put them back in master. So tell me who really got punished here?

"Easy" wars at x4 multiplier vs "collusion" wars at x7 multiplier= losing proposition

Yes it is, but the penalty is not guaranteed. Kabam has to catch you. The actual penalty for being dropped to tier 5 isn't the difference between x7 and x4, because competition at tier 5 is far easier than at tier 1, so you are far more likely to win and even more likely to have defenders remaining on the board. By my calculations, the actual penalty averaged out over all the wars you have to fight to regain tier 1 is closer to a 15% - 20% penalty in earned points. And that's assuming a tier 1 alliance gets knocked all the way down to tier 5, which I don't think is happening.

Losing 20% of your points over the next half a dozen wars is still a problem, but the question isn't whether the penalty is a penalty, the question is whether the *risk* of losing 20% of your points in the next few wars is worth the potential gain of piloting or colluding, because the chances of being caught are not 100%.

I don't cheat as a matter of principle regardless of the risk/reward equation, but if Kabam actually presented me with a button that, if I pushed it, had a chance to either increase my own AW season rewards by one tier or down by one tier and those odds were comparable to the odds of being caught cheating, I might be inclined to push the button. And that's a problem. The fact that this *might* be a good choice suggests that either the penalty is too low, or my own perceptions of how likely it is to get away with cheating are too high. I could be wrong, but it shouldn't even be close enough for any reasonable person to be wrong.