**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Wars - Season 2: Account Sharing and Piloting Still Rampant

Dear Kabam,

Per your announcement : http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/64936/regarding-account-sharing-and-piloting#latest , this type of action and behaviors are strongly prohibited and discouraged.

Yet, as this season comes to an end; there are many instances and both in-game and out-of-game evidences showing there are more and more alliances resorting back to "piloting" for the sake of winning.

Understood that this type of behavior was much restricted via deduction of points and ratings at the beginning of Season 2, but without constant monitoring and enforcement; piloting has come back in force to ensure alliances finish in the highest tier(s) possible.

As you have pointed out from time to time, your goal is to keep The Contest a honest and fair place, please show us that you mean it and can continue to enforce such policies.

Best Regards.

Comments

  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Alliances have only become better at hiding the fact that they do pilot. Unfortunately, the way Kabam flags potential piloters is no longer good enough.
  • qopqop Posts: 52
    edited June 2018
    deciding to post that after u got penalized for cheating?

    But i do agree that theres still some piloting going on at top tier alliances.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    If 25 people in an alliance seem to be going to Vietnam a lot from all over the world its's probably piloting. Yeah, they were probably offline long enough to get from where ever they were at to Vietnam, but it's just not likely that many people go there that often :lol:
  • clamch0wderclamch0wder Posts: 20
    qop wrote: »
    deciding to post that after u got penalized for cheating?

    But i do agree that theres still some piloting going on at top tier alliances.

    Nope.
    If Kabam wants to crack down on anything and everything suspicious; let's bring it all to the table.
    Besides, I'm normally not a forum warrior and hide behind a pseudonym.
  • clamch0wderclamch0wder Posts: 20
    Riegel wrote: »
    If 25 people in an alliance seem to be going to Vietnam a lot from all over the world its's probably piloting. Yeah, they were probably offline long enough to get from where ever they were at to Vietnam, but it's just not likely that many people go there that often :lol:



  • clamch0wderclamch0wder Posts: 20
    0r8vybes5kup.png
  • qopqop Posts: 52
    edited June 2018
    u did get penalized for colluding (+piloting?) to keep that #1 aw seat. Still in master bracket, so you are lucky. I have friends who actually got banned on top of alliance rating and season points reduction in the past. Others at top also may not deserve their spot, but the investigation is up to kabam. I hope people stop these cheating behaviours and start winning fairly.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Only way anything gets done is if someone brings it to Kabams attention.
  • clamch0wderclamch0wder Posts: 20
    I too have friends in other alliances that have been penalized, and they have no clue why.
    Should I also, like you, assume they colluded, piloted, cheated, and manipulated the game?
    (Even though they vehemently deny any wrongdoing.)

    Kabam has never and will never be transparent enough to individual alliances to give them enough details to fully understand the reasons behind their actions.

    One can only hope they can, some day.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,652 Guardian
    Riegel wrote: »
    If 25 people in an alliance seem to be going to Vietnam a lot from all over the world its's probably piloting. Yeah, they were probably offline long enough to get from where ever they were at to Vietnam, but it's just not likely that many people go there that often :lol:

    They could all be using a cloud VPN with an egress point there. Conversely pilots could scatter their geosignatures using VPNs. But it is precisely when people think they are doing something that cannot be detected that they tend to make mistakes that get them detected. And in my experience, the largest source of that overconfidence comes when someone believes they know all the ways they could be detected, and are simply wrong.

    John Douglas (one of the earliest FBI criminal profilers) says that when criminals attempt to stage a crime scene to look like something other than what actually happened, they tend to make mistakes because they can only guess what a crime scene looks like, while experienced investigators don't have to guess, having seen hundreds of them. The people who cheat think they can get away with it because they believe the only way to detect them are only the ways they are aware of. But even the current method of evading detection using dedicated piloting devices is detectable: the only question is how much effort Kabam will put into detecting it.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Koosty wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    Only way anything gets done is if someone brings it to Kabams attention.

    Correction Riegel....you cried like a whiny little ****, over and over and over again as you and your alliance were to weak to actually beat those at the top.

    Hard to beat cheaters I'll give you that. :lol:

    Welcome to the forum though!
  • qopqop Posts: 52
    edited June 2018
    I too have friends in other alliances that have been penalized, and they have no clue why.
    Should I also, like you, assume they colluded, piloted, cheated, and manipulated the game?
    (Even though they vehemently deny any wrongdoing.)

    Kabam has never and will never be transparent enough to individual alliances to give them enough details to fully understand the reasons behind their actions.

    One can only hope they can, some day.
    ummm...ur alliance leader approaching aw matched opponent and offer 2* wars and trying to persuade its beneficial for the weaker alliance is not cheating/colluding or whatever we wanna call it?

    ummm...making a group chat with the specific purpose of avoiding one another or to gain an advantage from majority of other master bracket alliances is not colluding?

    Hmmm, Kabam alrdy announced that line chat or rumours or suspicions r not evidence. So if u did get penalized, it only proves ur cheating and that kabam found hard proof.

    U guys may b good and skilled, but doesnt justify the cheating actions. Admit ur wrongdoings before u criticize others.
  • AnxietyAnxiety Posts: 3
    This doesn't just affect high tier alliances. As leader of a middle of the road 9 mil tier 5 alliance that has been hit with reductions twice, there's literally nothing we can do without at least some information. We dropped from 1900 rating to 600 and not a single person was banned. How can the entire alliance be held responsible when its not planned or epidemic with no way to police their own?
  • KoostyKoosty Posts: 9
    Riegel wrote: »
    Koosty wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    Only way anything gets done is if someone brings it to Kabams attention.

    Correction Riegel....you cried like a whiny little ****, over and over and over again as you and your alliance were to weak to actually beat those at the top.

    Hard to beat cheaters I'll give you that. :lol:

    Welcome to the forum though!

    Where is the proof they cheated against you? Your alliance just isn’t good enough to beat a top tier like Ny718 or MNG or others. You’re such a sore loser. Just man up and take the L and move on. Instead the whole community now knows you’re this way. No respect from this writer.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Koosty wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    Koosty wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    Only way anything gets done is if someone brings it to Kabams attention.

    Correction Riegel....you cried like a whiny little ****, over and over and over again as you and your alliance were to weak to actually beat those at the top.

    Hard to beat cheaters I'll give you that. :lol:

    Welcome to the forum though!

    Where is the proof they cheated against you? Your alliance just isn’t good enough to beat a top tier like Ny718 or MNG or others. You’re such a sore loser. Just man up and take the L and move on. Instead the whole community now knows you’re this way. No respect from this writer.

    I'm sitting at rank 2. I'm happy with that. I didn't have to cheat to get there so I'm happy with that too. Where is the proof?

    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/75457/2-wars-effecting-the-highest-levels-of-aw/p1

    Also, you can see just by looking at the leader boards and seeing that Kabam found evidnce and issued a point deduction.
  • KoostyKoosty Posts: 9
    You obviously can’t read. I said where is the proof they cheated to beat you and your subpar alliance? Take the Loss, move on and quit being such a sore loser.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Koosty wrote: »
    You obviously can’t read. I said where is the proof they cheated to beat you and your subpar alliance? Take the Loss, move on and quit being such a sore loser.

    I did take the L lol I took 2 of them. I don't care about losing. I guess the morale of the story is don't cheat at all.
  • KoostyKoosty Posts: 9
    Such a liar and hypocrite.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Koosty wrote: »
    Such a liar and hypocrite.

    B)
  • I hope to see kabam delaying rewards given and do one more round of hammering at the end of the season
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    I hope to see kabam delaying rewards given and do one more round of hammering at the end of the season

    This is my hope as well.
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    I hope to see kabam delaying rewards given and do one more round of hammering at the end of the season

    Assuming of course if there was any “piloting”; if Kabam wanted to (and should in my opinion), outright refuse to give out the rewards to the suspected cheaters.


    That will quickly discourage such cheating behaviour in the next season.
  • clamch0wderclamch0wder Posts: 20
    They really do need to.
    And, at the same time, demonstrate more transparency as to the infractions individual alliances has incurred.
    More than a couple of alliances were impacted by this latest deductions, and received only generic messages.
  • Hi All!

    This thread has derailed into personal attacks and non-constructive posts. If you have questions about the Forum Rules, you can locate them here. The thread will now be closed.
This discussion has been closed.