**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

MCOC causing Iphones to overheat now??

7thStone7thStone Posts: 29
edited June 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
I own an Iphone 7+, and after update 18.1.0 my iphone is constantly heating while playing mcoc, the heat starts to become uncomfortable after 1 min of playing it.

*Note, My phone is not broken. I use it for X stuff and X games & it doesn’t heat.

This all reminds me of PokemonGo, that game was causing iPhones to become an oven stove.

I was always amazed how MCOC was this High-Spec mobile game & at the same time it was never causing my Iphone to heat. I was always asking myself how do they do it, wow.
Is this the end now?

( I played MCOC on several devices through the years, IPhone 6, IPhone 6+, & they never did come close to getting overheated )

Anyone else affected?

Edit: RIP Arena grind for me.

Comments

• Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    It is exactly the case with me on my android phone one plus 3t. The heat is really unbearable after the current update to the game. It used to get heated up but it was quite minimal and never I felt it. But since the latest update, the heat is actually noticeable and I once thought of stopping the play to avoid any malfunctioning of the device and restart the game later on after it cools down.
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    I noticed this for the first time ever on my Pixel 2 today. Also, the battery has been seeming to drain faster than usual when playing lately.
  • Options
    ArtttonArttton Posts: 59
    Same here, after some time I have to quit playing it because of the uncomfortable heat present in my Iphone device.

@Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Wolf
    @Kabam Vydious
    @Kabam Loto
    @Kabam Zibiit

Can we have some info on this?
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    For the record I had this happen on my iphone 6+ endlessly before I switched to a 8+. Still happens occasionally but after I've played for awhile.
  • Options
    FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Its even causing ipad pro 1st gen to heat up, and iphone 8 plus too. I had to switch devices in between fights to avoid game disruptions.

But in fairness to kabam, i get less disconnected often. Lags seldom now happens.

So should i be relieved of this development? I dunno
  • Options
    RicardobaltoRicardobalto Posts: 238
    Same for me as lags seldom happens but it comes and go but the heat remain there. My temporary solution was to lower the screen light. The heat is still there but NOT TO HOT. It’s understandable as the game is high on graphic and all that but still very very and very weird that mcoc doesn’t have an graphic setting that allow a user to lower the graphic quality. Other games have it!
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Domino still breaking the game.
  • Options
    LaylicLaylic Posts: 88
    They really need to add some graphics settings. Even if it’s just a high and low option. The particle, ray tracing, and shading/shadowing could be lowered just a bit and it would make a big difference.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,678 Guardian
    7thStone wrote: »
    I own an Iphone 7+, and after update 18.1.0 my iphone is constantly heating while playing mcoc, the heat starts to become uncomfortable after 1 min of playing it.

I haven't seen overheating beyond normal on my iPhoneX, but I have seen something that might be related. Every since the most recent updates, I've been seeing behavior that I can only describe as MCOC aggressive swapping resources. For example, I will go into the arena screen where I am supposed to select my three champion team, and all the picture icons are blank. Then they load one by one like they are loading them using a dial up internet connection to Tahiti. Once loaded, the screen is extremely responsive, but until they all load the screen is practically a slideshow.

The thing is, if I go to fight the fights and then come back to that screen to select new champions, its like MCOC completely forgot what those champion displays are supposed to look like: they are empty again and once again the game seems to be loading them from Timbuktu, as if all those graphics resources were swapped out, and are now being swapped in again.

The game seems to be doing a lot of weird things it wasn't doing before that all look like resource management problems, and all that extra work could be causing more heating problems on some devices.
  • Options
    Hi there, for anyone who hasn't done so already, would be able to provide us with the following information:

1) Device Model
    2) Version of your OS you are running
    3) Have you experienced this on wifi, data, or both??
    4) Do you experience this more frequently in any specific game modes?
  • Options
    AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 933 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Hi there, for anyone who hasn't done so already, would be able to provide us with the following information:

1) Device Model - Iphone6
    2) Version of your OS you are running - 11.4
    3) Have you experienced this on wifi, data, or both?? - both
    4) Do you experience this more frequently in any specific game modes? - all modes

I have also noticed since this started, the battery life sucks down very quickly.
This discussion has been closed.