**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Juggs dbl unstoppable

Fredhorst23Fredhorst23 Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
So I know juggs triggering unstoppable twice is on purpose, but can anyone remind me why they set it up that way?

Comments

• Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    *please someone correct me if I am wrong*

It used to be unstoppable triggered after the special, but that left a small opening you could attack if you timed it right.

Then they didnt want the timer to start with the start of the special, but after the special ended.

As far as I know there was a fix inbetween that didn't work correctly. And so we're left with what we have currently
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,675 Guardian
    My (admittedly hazy) recollection was the double unstoppable was put in place because there were corner cases where unstoppable wasn't working correctly when it triggered at the start of the special, and also corner cases where unstoppable wouldn't work correctly when it triggered after the end of the special, so they temporarily did both. And that temporary work around became semi-permanent. But I don't recall the details at the moment.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I don't remember what started this. Like others have stated there was a bug and after a fix or two this is what we ended up with. He didn't used to work this way. He used to get just one unstoppable and it worked fine then something happened and we have had double unstoppable for a long time. It's a half way fix.
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    The timer started at the beginning of the special, instead of the end so you couldn’t take advantage of the full duration. They wanted the special to be unstoppable and to give him the full duration after, so instead of increasing the timer by the amount of time it takes to animate the special, he gets one buff then another. Big nerf to stagger, but that’s almost inconsequential these days,
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    It's more accurate to say that the unstoppable buff refreshes after the special rather than he gets a new unstoppable buff
  • Options
    JZ734JZ734 Posts: 95
    It's more accurate to say that the unstoppable buff refreshes after the special rather than he gets a new unstoppable buff

But he does get a new unstoppable buff, otherwise stagger would work against him.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Jug got double unstoppable because the timer started at the start of his special. So if he’s using his sp2, the full animation results in him being unstoppable for only a split second as the duration of animation is pretty long.

Extending his unstoppable duration was a work around fix but if you extended his unstoppable duration, he would have a very long duration after he sp1 or sp3. Hence it wasn’t a good solution.

Having his unstoppable trigger after his animation was also not a good fix because all game procs trigger upon the fulfillment of certain conditions (eg ultrons regen where you need to be above a certain % then go below it, dorm’s degen etc). Hence, his unstoppable has to trigger upon activation of a special.

So the solution was to proc unstoppable twice, which rendered hood’s stagger useless but since it only affects 1 champ, it wasn’t too much of a deal.
  • Options
    Friendly_UserFriendly_User Posts: 121
    Essentially, it was a Band-Aid for the trigger timing of unstoppable. The Band-Aid was never removed and now skin has grown over it.

Kabam was just like, "meh, #### it."
  • Options
    RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    i hate when stagger doesnt nullify it.
  • Options
    Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    The defense of not having a special animation ending trigger unstoppable is ludacris as they adjusted recoil to activate upon special animation ending as well as several special stuns
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    cc6od7t8nt56.gif
    This is how unstoppable used to work. The timer did not start as soon as the special animation started and juggs did not have a "split second unstoppable" after his sp2
    For some unknown reason*, they decided to change it to its current form (where he gains a temporary unst buff during special animation and then a second one with a timer after the animation ends). People complained about how it reduced the effectiveness of stagger so they removed the temporary unstoppable buff during special animation (i.e. no unstoppable during special animation, and unstoppable triggers a split second after the animation ends). After this change, champs with AAR (like BW) were supposedly able to prevent unst from activating by hitting juggs right after the special ended (I personally was never able to do that) and it also broke UC's unstoppable buff in LoL and he never went unstoppable. So they reversed the fix and settled with the current version

*I think the first change was also because of some bugs in LoL. Not sure though
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Well, it's alot better than earlier in the game when unstoppable was like Ultron evade and was relatively random. lol
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Thanks guys, that all makes sense to me.its a bummer that stagger, nullify, aar etc. have to work extra hard to stop it but i can see why they did it.

Just wish they would have came up with a proper fix. Still think this is a half &+# approach.
  • Options
    Friendly_UserFriendly_User Posts: 121
    It’s fine; it makes him harder to stop. Fits the character well imo.

No... not when you have things like MD, Dorm and Domino.