**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Combo Meter (Orange)

KnobyKnoby Posts: 61
edited June 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
I know I spammed some unconstructive stupid stuff in the past, but I'm trying to improve.

Right now, I just wanna ask you what you think of an idea I had earlier but didn't streamline enough. I did now tho, so stick around

First, off, I'd like if longer combo streaks were good for something other than showing off.
Maybe a combo meter could be built (like a vertical orange bar to the left side) that you can use for special melee combo moves
Two of those in particular came to mind (you're free to add, criticize or do whatever):

Parry Counter
If you have a full combo meter, you can use that to follow up a parry (perfect timed blocked) with a counter by holding down the parried block for like .2 secs and within that time mirroring the attack move of your enemy you just parried.
If you pull that off, you kick back your opponent or just hit him with that move, opening up for a full combo (depends on balance).

And on recommendation of a fellow forum dweller I checked out Injustice mobile earlier. While I don't really love a lot of it, I could appreciate the combo enders of light combos (in case you never played that game: if you tap three times as in three light attacks, there's a twenty percent chance for a combo ender which consists of up to two additional strikes). However, I didn't like the randomness of it and execution in general. But it inspired me to come up with something more skill based.
Which brings me back to my original point of using a combo meter (which, I think we can agree on that, filling it is skill based right?) to unlock an offensive signature combo ender for each character.
That combo ender isn't executed by a simple swipe and then cutscene like in Injustice but rather by holding down the right side of the screen (which is normally guard break) and then tapping twice or tapping once & swiping or just swiping once, depending on your character and how many strikes will follow.
If it's a longer animation or stronger move for that combo ender (ie a spin kick or a Hulk ground smack) it will be triggered by a single strike
If it's two shorter animations/strikes/moves (like two quick stick hits from Daredevil, it will be triggered by two taps)

Now for this one I don't know if it's doable or if you guys would even like that stuff, but I'd like if you could double fill your combo meter (so on top of that orange bar, a yellow one would fill up if you just keep going with your regular combo without using the meter for a fancy counter or finisher- we're talking like seventeen hits to fill the first orange combo meter and thirty to double fill it just for reference).
This double filled combo meter (maybe it would just be two bars like for specials, but in orange and maybe you activate the meter by tapping on an orange circle similar to the green pentagon(?) for specials) could then be used to perform a super combo move that resets the combo, allowing you to chain another full combo to the combo you just finished with the combo finisher (lol)
I'd say an uppercut launcher and then a well timed follow up air juggle combo you can drop if you hit too early (enemy would be too far up in the air) or too late (enemy hits the ground and could respond and block again) would be my first idea.
A more character specific one would be Spidey shooting a web string like two meters, surrounding his enemy with it and then pulling the guy towards him which then opens up for another unblockable regular combo if started with a light attack (medium would take to long, and enemy could block again).

Ranged characters could have ranged combo enders (like Spidey's web pull I just mentioned), magic/telekinesis heavy characters can have small chances for activating status effects and debuffs on enemies. Like I'd picture Phoenix maybe having a combo ender where she holds her temple and invades the enemy's mind, dealing relatively small damage but therefore having that twenty percent chance of triggering a status effect change (maybe stun or energy steal).
Now I don't want these combo finishers to be nearly as strong as specials but nonetheless stronger than regular strikes, and as well with a chance to crit, which may even be increased by better timing.
They should also generate a little more special meter than your average light and medium Strikes, but that's a given.

Maybe characters even have two different combo enders which can then be executed by doing the right input (tap, tap after orange button, instead of swipe right after orange button e.g.).

Now it's pretty thought out but I didn't flesh it out fully, so go ahead and rip it apart so it comes out better and maybe worthy to implement.

Comments

• Options
    KnobyKnoby Posts: 61
    Also, please no one line answers. Just hit that Flag/LOL or Agree/Awesome thing instead if you wanna save time.

I mean, you can do it, I can't stop you, but I won't answer if it's nothing substantial, both on the positive or negative side. Okay, I might LOL a funny roast or Agree a nice compliment, but that's about it lol
    So think twice if that's worth your time.

On the other hand, if you have something to add or change and give reason behind it, I'll definitely answer and/or implement it into OP.

I might structure OP better and add a TLDR; in the future since I pretty much wrote it down with no drafts, but not right now since I gotta study for exams now- as I should have the whole day -.-