**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

kicked from alliance right before season rewards

2»

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    Also, if this person was freeloading wouldn't you know it before the dead end of the season? If they only started freeloading at the end maybe they do have a legit life issue to deal with.
    Something IS off here.

For me, kicking a player is always the absolute last resort. However, I once had a player straight up tell me that my battlegroup instructions were not wanted and if I didn't like what they were doing I should just kick them. So I decided to kick them. Even so, I gave them fair warning that I would do so at the end of the current reward period but they quit before I could do it. But I would have done it, even in the middle of the season, even with days to go before the end of the season, under those circumstances.

To be frank, there are a lot of children of all ages playing mobile games. That means there are a lot of children abusing their officer power in alliances, but there are also a lot of children that will respond to nothing except the threat of being kicked, and sometimes not even that. My worry is that restricting or eliminating the ability to kick players from alliances will reduce the damage that one group of children can do but increase the damage that another group of children can do.

For me personally, I don't care about freeloading much. I care about controlling toxic players or toxic player behavior. If they are "freeloading" because they simply cannot contribute enough, that's different from freeloading because of deliberately attempting to cheat the alliance. If someone can't quite make the grade, I try to work with them, or if that's impossible I ease them out. But toxic demands immediate action, always.

Of course, I'm not in a top tier alliance: I have the latitude to run my battlegroup however I want, within reason, so long as the group maintains parity with the performance of the other groups. Top tier alliances are under more pressure to fixate on performance above all else.
  • Options
    Kicking people because they place poor defenders is so stupid. Do you think everyone has amazing defensive champs at their disposal or even if they do it isn't the alliance's place to tell someone who they should rank up because it isn't your account but the individual's account. We rank up who we want based on what we like and this ideology about who to rank up over who is utter rubbish. Kabam has tried to mediate this with the whole defender diversity thing but they went about it wrong with the whole points for diversity thing. In my opinion they indeed should limit the amount of similar champs able to place in each group because hey who would want to face 10 NC in a opposing group every single war.