**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance Wars Season 3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    MRMOJO77MRMOJO77 Posts: 215
    And you say oh u might want to use them as a defender in the future? Where is a 5* r3 hulkbuster gonna be used? Anywhere in the game? Fact is I and im sure alot of the community has done something **** like this. Just for YOUR diversity... And synergies dont work? Come on miike... Tell us what it really is... We all know.. $$$$
  • Options
    Sk8_4_lifeSk8_4_life Posts: 19
    I am glad I am taking a break after season 2. Kabam really dropped the ball on season 3, but looks like they will be picking up a bonus for the extra $$ comming in
  • Options
    AJSkullyAJSkully Posts: 2
    With the combination of Defender Diversity being removed and Defender synergy STILL not working, I think rank down tickets should be issued. Example: I ranked up my 5 star Antman to R4 for Defender Diversity as well as my Doctor Octopus only to learn that the 40% glancing reflect does not work, and now you are removing Defender Diversity. All of those resources have been wasted because there is no other part of the game that i will use Antman.
  • Options
    NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    These changes put anybody willing to spend copious amounts of money on t2a deals and fgmc a HUGE advantage and takes a focus off of skill as well. Potion sales will pale in comparison to upcoming t2a and fgmc sales. I imagine this was their goal
  • Options
    Tmm1224Tmm1224 Posts: 14
    Compensation is in order!!!
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    THX135 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike What happened to the statement you made before AW seasons and diversity was introduced. You claimed one of the reason's for diversity is to prevent an AWD lane full of Mordos, Spideys and NC? You wanted to provide an opportunity to have more champs be useful in AW.

With the removal of diversity you are encouraging maps full of Medusa's, IMIW's, Domino's, Dorms, etc. AWD will just be all the same few champs on D. How is that enjoyable to play?
    Becasse ther Got less money out of it. Thah why
  • Options
    So the people that have spent countless time energy resources and money on creating a diverse team for defense because the game of war was basically driven there are now being spat on. Catalysts, iso and even items wasted on scrap champs for diversity are now being told there was no need in the first place. If I'm not going to get rank down tickets I'd expect a refund of my iso, catalysts wasted on junk champs. Especially if some of us have spent money to do so since you made it the rule. This is rediculous.
  • Options
    Cozmoe76Cozmoe76 Posts: 7
    edited June 2018
    First you continue to reward cheating alliances by NOT taking action. Thenyou allow these cheats to continue to reap unattainable rewards for most of community by not stripping them from what stole or cheated their way into. People ranked up champs for divirsity and now you are saying that doesn’t matter. You are making seasons shorter and making nodes harder and changing rewards. Because? I think we know the answer... you simply don’t care about the majority of the player base. You should want alliances to stay together longer not shorter... you should what less change in alliances so teams grow together... again you don’t care. You haven’t listened to anything the community has said. The only meta you car about is how you can take more money. Very very sad.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    It’ll never happen and if people ranked subpar champs thinking diversity would be around forever obviously doesn’t know Kabam.
  • Options
    GoldenSkullGoldenSkull Posts: 55
    So are we getting rank down tickets or not?
  • Options
    No they are not giving them out
  • Options
    Steve76sSteve76s Posts: 23
    I'm sorry but this is reaching too far in to the cookie jar so to speak. I can see it now, Domino's, imiw, dorms, medusas everywhere causing a higher death rate then normal which means $$$$$$ for kabam. Thank you for making my decision that much easier, I QUIT! Let's hope your whales can carry you when others start doing the same. Please note: none of the mentioned defenders give me trouble but the fact that I was forced to rank up diversity champs when we all begged for this not to happen only to tell us they are now pointless is just too much
  • Options
    SubTypicalSubTypical Posts: 64
    There's plenty that could be done if the intent is to NOT complete 100%. Practical things, like reducing/eliminating the use of boosts and items. But obviously that would hurt Kabam's wallet, so it isn't realistic.

Here's an idea: don't allow you to see how the other team is doing on offense...then when the war is over we see where the deaths racked up.

You've conditioned us to 100%, and you know that you have. This is just simply a cash grab show now...so very few people have any faith that Kabam thinks otherwise.
  • Options
    Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 477 ★★★
    Cozmoe76 wrote: »
    First you continue to reward cheating alliances by NOT taking action. Thenyou allow these cheats to continue to reap unattainable rewards for most of community by not stripping them from what stole or cheated their way into. People ranked up champs for divirsity and now you are saying that doesn’t matter. You are making seasons shorter and making nodes harder and changing rewards. Because? I think we know the answer... you simply don’t care about the majority of the player base. You should want alliances to stay together longer not shorter... you should what less change in alliances so teams grow together... again you don’t care. You haven’t listened to anything the community has said. The only meta you car about is how you can take more money. Very very sad.

We all know it is about the money. They don't care about the average player. But if they listened and made the game more enjoyable, maybe some of those average players would start to spend a little as well.
  • Options
    gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
    edited June 2018
    ok...personal opinion...I like the stand of kabam in trying to...remove 100% exploration as a norm. BUT...i think you should focus on your scoring mechanic that worked and had the most acceptance in war, ATTACK BONUS.

I do think if this is the way that your design team wants to take war design to, they should design the map to be short/long enough paths that have increased chances in getting more attack bonus. not more defenders per se, but increasing attack bonus or more layers of attack bonus for minis and bosses can work.

this is not simply making exploration and attack bonus equal in total percentage if both were at max points.

considerations should revolve around that completion with few-some exploration with 80-90% attack bonus achieved can beat 100% exploration with 20-40% attack bonus achieved. percentages for attack bonus are my personal opinion but really should reflect the hard node buffs while also considering that kabam has to earn profit. kabam should base their earnings though on war statistics after this iteration of wars.

simply, it should be possible to do completion w ftp skilled alliance. ftp skilled with few unit spending for revs and pots can beat ptw non skilled alliances.

It might be a good idea to also add a gateway miniboss. a miniboss that when beaten opens paths for extra exploration. something to consider for those alliances that feel they have put up low attack bonus compared to the other. the path though still will need skill and can have tricky but not mini boss level hard buffs.

any loopholes in my idea though...pls criticize.

I am 50/50 on diversity though.
  • Options
    Well I'm done spending, I say the rest of you do as well. This game takes in millions a year to let the people paying the bills down.
  • Options
    BenLucasBenLucas Posts: 69
    Hey Kabam,

Why does diversity have to go away completely? When did the community give you this sort of feedback? Horrible move. Why cant you find a middle ground, say make diversity based on entire alliance rather than based on battlegroups?

Separately, if 2* wars have been a concern, why not remove 1*2*3* as an option for AW defender placement? You already have arenas that have this function, or include some Defender PI mechanic into scoring. Why keep the door open to manipulation?

Plenty of sensible improvements are possible, without affecting your cashflow.

• Options
    BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Kabam need to change their mind about giving rank up/down material, its going to go Supernova on here and social media once people play a new AW map and see how much harder it is
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    SubTypical wrote: »
    There's plenty that could be done if the intent is to NOT complete 100%. Practical things, like reducing/eliminating the use of boosts and items. But obviously that would hurt Kabam's wallet, so it isn't realistic.

Here's an idea: don't allow you to see how the other team is doing on offense...then when the war is over we see where the deaths racked up.

You've conditioned us to 100%, and you know that you have. This is just simply a cash grab show now...so very few people have any faith that Kabam thinks otherwise.

The suggestion comes up often, but eliminating Item Use is not a feasible solution. On the contrary, it exacerbates other issues like Piloting and only rewards a small number of Players. Items are necessary, not just for spending. Removing them would end in a much worse situation.
  • Options
    It feels like kabam employees are not going to respond to these comments. Anyone else feel that way
  • Options
    SalvatoreSalvatore Posts: 3
    you shold give us a rankdown tickets a lot of summomers rank up for diversity
  • Options
    BenLucasBenLucas Posts: 69
    They dont care