**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

What exactly is Kabam doing to fix cheating in AW?

2»

Comments

• Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    @Greywarden the answer to your post is nothing. They aren’t doing anything. They have the resources to buy and send devices for war. They will cheat and collect rewards as they did last season. They will give light bans to those unit scammers that got new champs and ranked them up and won wars with them. They have to respond to the community to save face. Otherwise they aren’t doing anything. Those fraud units are still units still turning profit, still milking whales. A few day ban for someone committing credit card fraud! It’s just not a real contest. That kinda ruins AW but it’s the truth. Look at the results that still stand and tell me otherwise. The leaderboard show you the best cheaters not alliances. At least for the most part. Not saying everyone....but almost.
  • 1966SG1966SG Posts: 45
    Nothing
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Sorry for the necro but looks like I got my answer!

Great job actually hitting the cheaters however I have one criticism that I hope a moderator can take back to the team for consideration.

When deducting points can rating NOT be affected?

Reasoning:
    At the top of platinum it is very disheartening that 2700-2800 rating NON-CHEATING alliances will be facing 3k rating alliances that DID CHEAT and had their rating dropped.

Difference between a 3k rating alliance and a 2700 rating is massive and these 3k+ rating groups will win their remaining wars fairly easily while at the same time negatively impacting the true 2700 rating groups. The punishment here ALMOST fits the crime however it seems that other clean alliances are being punished as well. The 100 or so that were penalized will now penalize another 100 every war until end of season due to how matchmaking works in its current state :(

This issue doesn't just affect top of platinum by the way, it's just the most glaring there.
    Greywarden wrote: »
    Sorry for the necro but looks like I got my answer!

Great job actually hitting the cheaters however I have one criticism that I hope a moderator can take back to the team for consideration.

When deducting points can rating NOT be affected?

Reasoning:
    At the top of platinum it is very disheartening that 2700-2800 rating NON-CHEATING alliances will be facing 3k rating alliances that DID CHEAT and had their rating dropped.

Difference between a 3k rating alliance and a 2700 rating is massive and these 3k+ rating groups will win their remaining wars fairly easily while at the same time negatively impacting the true 2700 rating groups. The punishment here ALMOST fits the crime however it seems that other clean alliances are being punished as well. The 100 or so that were penalized will now penalize another 100 every war until end of season due to how matchmaking works in its current state :(

This issue doesn't just affect top of platinum by the way, it's just the most glaring there.

Rating=score multiplier

Higher score multiplier>lower score multiplier

To assume a crew with an equal rating and skill level with 6 wars remaining will somehow not outscore a penalized crew with, say, half the scoring potential, regardless of running the table, is not a high percentage assumption.

Funny tho how it's the noisiest complainers of cheating often turn out to not share the best company...

I'm not sure if you're trying to imply something about me and cheating since I'm one of the people that complain about cheating. I'll just assume you're not doing that considering it's a baseless accusation.

I might not have articulated my point well enough in that I'm not worried about how many points these cheating groups get the rest of the season. I don't care if they win or lose out. What I'm trying to acknowledge is that hitting their rating may not be the best tactic as now whoever these groups face will be at a disadvantage.

If a group is trying to push for p1 in the 2600-2700 range they can in fact match up against 3k rating groups that were hit since now they are also at 2600-2700 rating for the rest of this season. Those true 2600-2700 rating groups will almost all lose. Difference in the two is massive.

Same goes for people pushing p2 at a 2300-2400 rating going up against 2700 rating docked alliances.....it goes on and on.....
  • Greywarden wrote: »
    What I'm trying to acknowledge is that hitting their rating may not be the best tactic as now whoever these groups face will be at a disadvantage.

It isn't, and it is a known (if not acknowledged) problem. The presumption is a high rating is a desirable advantage, so penalizing rating hurts the offending alliance, and it does. But the fact that they now get matched against lower alliances that are easier for them to beat is an unintended consequence.

There is a solution I suggested back in season two: multiplier penalties. High rating has two properties: stronger match ups (which are actually a disadvantage) and higher point multiplier (which is a definite advantage). The logical way to address the problem you mention is to directly target the penalty at the advantage. Penalize multiplier but leave match up logic alone. You do that by leaving rating alone, so they continue to get matched against alliances of equal strength, but you apply a percentage multiplier penalty. Say, 60% for five wars. So for the next five wars, their actual earned points will be 60% of the normal until the penalty expires. And you make the penalty such that it applies to in-season wars only: it does not expire if the alliance doesn't fight an in-season war.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Rating=score multiplier

To assume a crew with an equal rating and skill level with 6 wars remaining will somehow not outscore a penalized crew with, say, half the scoring potential, regardless of running the table, is not a high percentage assumption.

Funny tho how it's the noisiest complainers of cheating often turn out to not share the best company...

I was in GreyWarden's alliance for a short time after season 2. They're doing quite well for an alliance that has never been penalized for TOS violations.
    I won't post it just yet but just so you know. We're facing a Master alliance that was hit right now.

Working as intended for sure.....
    edited September 2018
    Rating=score multiplier

I was in GreyWarden's alliance for a short time after season 2. They're doing quite well for an alliance that has never been penalized for TOS violations.

True gentleman. Subscribe to this guy's YT channel, GREAT game play!!!!