**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New "Glow" effect on active Buffs/Debuffs ruins clarity - Please revert to crisp black borders

becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
In the latest update there is a new glowing effect on active buffs and debuffs. This new effect is unnecessary and detrimental because it removes clarity around these icons and makes them seem out of focus and blurry. We spend a lot of time looking at and monitoring the buffs and debuffs during a fight so it's pretty important that they are clear and easy to see at a glance. Any chance we could get the pre-patch icon borders back?

Example of the new effect:
gbhjun80ugv9.jpg

Comments

• Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Tbh I don’t really see the problem here. They don’t make it any harder to tell what the effect is.
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    I think the white-on-yellow is the bigger problem, not the fuzziness.
  • Options
    I know it's just a small thing, but I really don't see this as a needed change as all it does is make the icons look out of focus and blurry. I would much prefer clear and defined icons. Should be an easy thing to fix.
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    I still don't understand how to differentiate buffs, debuffs and passive? I want to understand about passive. That's more important I guess.
  • Options
    Akarsh383Akarsh383 Posts: 76
    I know it's just a small thing, but I really don't see this as a needed change as all it does is make the icons look out of focus and blurry. I would much prefer clear and defined icons. Should be an easy thing to fix.

There is nothing to fix here. It is in the way it's supposed to be. Those are passive buff and passive debuff
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Akarsh383 wrote: »

There is nothing to fix here. It is in the way it's supposed to be. Those are passive buff and passive debuff

You're misunderstanding the issue. I'm not talking about the difference between active and passive buffs (white outline and no outline, respectively). If you look at the two yellow buffs in the picture you'll notice the edges have a blurry "glow" effect where the edges kind out fade out. This is a new change. Prior to the patch the edges were solid black and well defined.
  • Options
    ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    It's a stylistic change and makes no difference
    Personally I liked the change, and it doesn't really affect how you play