**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Apple advises to stop playing MCOC

KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
So apple advised to stop playing this game in its current state, so what does Kabam recommend?

Comments

• Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★
    Link?
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    No link from Google search. Reference please.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    NikoBravo wrote: »
    My wife also recommends that I quit playing, so I’m divorcing her.

Kabam probably also recommends this.
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    If you work for Apple, then you represent Apple therefore you are Apple.
  • OmairOmair Posts: 18
    I was in apple support when a person with this issue regarding over heating and battery drain and as well lagging then they check and after that he said its not in hardware its in software so they ask him to delete mcoc app from phone and said him to use and then tell us if he had that issue again and thats a real thing and pla dont ask for google reference not everything is on google
    Im a mobile business owner too deals mobile every day
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Get an Android
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    Did apple recommend that because the game causes heating issues and your CPU to spike?
  • D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    KyrieRed wrote: »
    If you work for Apple, then you represent Apple therefore you are Apple.

I thought we were Groot? So confused....
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    DrZola wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say it is extremely unlikely that Apple made that general recommendation. It sounds more likely to me that an Apple customer support person advised this player after they lodged a complaint about the game with Apple that if they were unhappy with the problems that exist in the game then they shouldn't play it. I don't think Apple would actually pronounce a judgment like that upon an app that they still made available in the app store.

It is the same thing I would say if someone kept complaining to me they were unhappy with an app they downloaded onto their phone.

It is an overstatement to say that “Apple” advised against playing the app. I had a conversation with a support staffer who, when I described the overheating and shutdown of my phone, advised me to remove the app. She also noted that, as a gamer herself, that might be difficult if I had in-app purchases in the game. She volunteered to move the issue up to other departments, which she thought might help the solution finding process.

I don’t think that constitutes “Apple”—it is likely a standard response when an app causes phones to do something that might damage them. However, we do the same thing when we contact Kabam—ascribe the response from Miike or Ad0ra or Support to Kabam itself. It may not be the same as an official corporate statement (which we are unlikely to get), but it’s often as close as we will get.

Dr. Zola

The nuance here is not actually the question of whether Apple support officially speaks for Apple, and more about whether what an Apple support person says to a single person is a statement about the app in question, or advice targeted at that specific person alone. There's a very big difference in this context between anyone at Apple saying "we advise you not to run THIS APP" and saying "we advise YOU not to run this app." One of those is a judgment upon the app, and the other is a judgment about your specific situation.

In other words, there's a missing word in the title of the thread: "Apple advises to stop playing MCOC." It implies something very different meaning from "Apple advises ME to stop playing MCOC." Consider the difference between these two statements: "doctor recommends to stop drinking alcohol" and "doctor recommends me to stop drinking alcohol."
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say it is extremely unlikely that Apple made that general recommendation. It sounds more likely to me that an Apple customer support person advised this player after they lodged a complaint about the game with Apple that if they were unhappy with the problems that exist in the game then they shouldn't play it. I don't think Apple would actually pronounce a judgment like that upon an app that they still made available in the app store.

It is the same thing I would say if someone kept complaining to me they were unhappy with an app they downloaded onto their phone.

It is an overstatement to say that “Apple” advised against playing the app. I had a conversation with a support staffer who, when I described the overheating and shutdown of my phone, advised me to remove the app. She also noted that, as a gamer herself, that might be difficult if I had in-app purchases in the game. She volunteered to move the issue up to other departments, which she thought might help the solution finding process.

I don’t think that constitutes “Apple”—it is likely a standard response when an app causes phones to do something that might damage them. However, we do the same thing when we contact Kabam—ascribe the response from Miike or Ad0ra or Support to Kabam itself. It may not be the same as an official corporate statement (which we are unlikely to get), but it’s often as close as we will get.

Dr. Zola

The nuance here is not actually the question of whether Apple support officially speaks for Apple, and more about whether what an Apple support person says to a single person is a statement about the app in question, or advice targeted at that specific person alone. There's a very big difference in this context between anyone at Apple saying "we advise you not to run THIS APP" and saying "we advise YOU not to run this app." One of those is a judgment upon the app, and the other is a judgment about your specific situation.

In other words, there's a missing word in the title of the thread: "Apple advises to stop playing MCOC." It implies something very different meaning from "Apple advises ME to stop playing MCOC." Consider the difference between these two statements: "doctor recommends to stop drinking alcohol" and "doctor recommends me to stop drinking alcohol."

Agreed. That’s the difference between an official corporate statement and what I got.

Dr. Zola
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★

Dr. Zola

But what if it was "WE ADVISE you NOT TO run THIS app"? I think it's LIKELY that because YOU weren't PRIVY to the CONVERSATION then you don't ACTUALLY know WHAT was being SAID
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    A simple google search will reveal that IOS 11 is more the issue than MCOC.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I'm with DNA on this one. If there was an Official Statement from Apple, there would be much more coverage than a comment on the Forum, and they would likely stop carrying the game. What is most likely the case is someone opened a Support Ticket with Apple explaining the overheating issue and they advised the person to stop running the App if they were concerned for their device. Which is pretty common sensical, rather than critical. If someone advised me that their hand was shocked from operating their phone underwater, I'd probably tell them to stop doing that.