**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Goldpool Arena Rerun for Top 200

mvinceablemvinceable Posts: 33
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
In the downtime compensation announcement, the top 200 (everyone awarded a Goldpool) would not be allowed in the rerun of the Arena.

This doesn’t seem fair to those top 200, because they were affected by the downtime like everyone else and had to adjust their grind schedule accordingly, even though they got Goldpool. If not allowed rank rewards, the top 200 in the first run should at least be allowed entry to earn the milesone rewards in the rerun just like everyone else who wasn’t in the top 200. Seems like a form of punishment rather than compensation, otherwise.

Comments

• mvinceablemvinceable Posts: 33
    edited July 2018
    There’s a big difference between being gifted something and earning something. The top 200 got a Goldpool because they put in the sufficient number of points to get him, downtime included. Now the next top 200 has the potential to get Goldpool along with 2x the arena AND rank milestones (I.e. they could have gotten all the milestones from the first arena and ranked in 201+ brackets). How is this fair to the first 200 who will be shut out of the rerun?

My post was asking for milestone eligibility, not necessarily for rank reward eligibility.
    No one is mad. I’m stating my perspective as one of the top 200 in the first Goldpool arena. It’s by definition a minority opinion, and if you’re not in a similar situation wouldn’t expect you to agree.
  • BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    I totally disagree with this post, I think its totally fair that those who got top 200 are not allowed back and I think its totally fair that those who didn't make top 200 regardless if they were trying to or not get another shot but at the same time I understand your view but I still disagree. Good Luck
    If my original post wasn't clear enough, I’m not asking to be eligible for Goldpool again (that would be greedy), but to be eligible for the rewards that Arena entrants that ranked 201+ in the first Arena are eligible for again (minus Goldpool).
  • BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    Also, I think the milestones are great and I can understand the argument there.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    No, it wasn't clear. "If not rank rewards, AT LEAST milestones" seemed to suggest you wanted another run at Goldpool

EDIT:clarity
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    My mistake, I read into it wrong.
  • DERPYREVENGERDERPYREVENGER Posts: 265
    Look at it this way:

Scenario 1: No outage/maintenance occurs

Top 200 would've gotten GP + milestones
    People not in the top 200 would've gotten milestones which they grinded up to

Scenario 2: Outage/maintenance occurs

Round 1: Top 200 would've gotten GP + milestones
    People not in the top 200 would've gotten milestones which they grinded up to

Round 2: Former top 200 are only allowed they have a second ticket
    People 201+ allowed to grind (from Round 1)

*Note some people were only aiming to get one Golden ticket since they didn't think that the arena would be rerun (because they though Scenario 1)*

TBH, I think the best solution is to give everyone who entered their ticket back, and make it so that the top 400 get him, 200 new people can get him and the 200 people who got him originally can aim for him again. If less than 200 of the first round winners get him, then that is more space for newer players to win him. That way, at least 400 different people will get GoldPool, and the first round numbers can decide whether they want to increase it to 600. Even though it might be "costly" to Kabam, they messed up big time and will probably continue to (with the iPhone overheat issue too), and mistakes always come with a price, the bigger the mistake, the higher the price!