**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5* Dups

Comments

• HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Interesting that people who have me on Ignore still comment on my Threads. Also intersting that people I have on Ignore comment as well. Of course, when you think about it, it's not intersting at all. It's pretty obvious. Lol.

Interesting that you comment on people who you have on ignore about them commenting on you who they have on ignore. Lol.

I can see when people on Ignore comment, that doesn't meant I have to respond. I can also see when people who have me on Ignore comment.
    Intersting that you bypassed the topic to make a comment about my comment about Ignore. Lol.
    Moving on.

How can you know who has or doesn't have you on ignore? Even if you assume they have you on ignore, you made a comment on how it's interesting people who have you on ignore continue to reply to you, while you replied to the same person who you say you have on ignore. I just find humor in the hyprocisy of that statement is all :D . Anyway time to move on.

5* 'dups', more shards = more chance at dups.

I didn't reply to anyone I have on Ignore. When someone that has you on Ignore comments, you see the last comment on the Main Page, and you can't read the comment.

More Shards are not the solution to what I'm talking about. As I've mentioned repeatedly. I know the usual response is "Git Gud, Git More", but that's not the issue presented, and it's not even a solution to what I'm talking about. People starting out will have a harder and harder time to acquire Dups as the pool in the Basic is growing. I'm sure that's not an issue for people pulling in many 5*s a month, have a number of Dups, and have been amassing them for years now. The issue is the pool growing in the Basic, making it increasingly harder to Dup. It will become more and more challenging to Dup them for people building a Roster to Dup. Now, some people might say "working as intended", whether because that's how they feel, they want to contradict me, or because they want it to be hard for people. Whatever the reason, they're free to disagree, but more Shards is not a solution to what I'm presenting. Nor does it address the demographic I'm talking about.

I don't think the first part you wrote is true, because I have you on ignore and you can still read my comments :D

Regarding your 2nd issue, you seem a bit too focused on the statement "people have a harder time to acquire dups from the basic pool" and not looking at the bigger picture. The bigger picture for beginners is that while it is harder to acquire dupes from the basic pool, they're still better off than they were months/years ago with the many more sources of shards available to them now than before. If someone were to start a brand new account today, they'd have an easier time acquiring 5* shards and 5* champions from just playing through the game, than a new player from a year ago when the basic pool was limited. Your whole argument is based around newer players having it tougher now than older players, which is simply false with the recent changes Kabam has made. While they may take longer to dupe a champion (debatable, more shards = more chances at dupes than before), they're still growing their roster faster.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    People starting out have so much more of an advantage than any of us who have been here longer than 2 years now. Like, another level of advantage, especially in the first few months. It took me so long to get enough 4 star champions and decent champions to be able to run war and aq at the same time, and still have champs left over to run event quests. Having roadblocks to your roster is part of the design of this game. Now, if the crux of this argument (which im not even sure what it's turned into at this point) is that newer players need even more of an advantage and should have it easier to dupe FIVE STAR champions because the pool is larger, that still seems a very strange position to hold, considering the messenger is someone who constantly defends and trusts in Kabam and the way they meticulously design the game and it's resources, and control the flow of crystal availability (unless you're willing to pay or use units to try to get them yourself beyond content modes). That's where I guess I am having trouble seeing your point.

Kabam has made the availability and level of crystals and shards MUCH much higher in this game, even BEYOND what I explained in my previous comments on here. Where it used to take us veterans of the game when we started out months to earn even one 4 star champion, Kabam has actually progressed the game and they have multiple ways to earn either large amounts of shards or FULL 4 & 5 star crystals just through the different game modes like event quests, the monthly, dungeons, this new Gwenpool event, boss rushes, celebrity challenges, etc. The list goes on.

So why would this design and level of increase for 4 and 5 star crystals not continue to rise, in proportion not only to new players starting out but the pool of champions itself? Is that not how all games work, and actually how this game has worked as well in the past? The answers on how to actually improve the odds of pulling more 5 star champions, therefore more chances to dupe them has been given over and over on this thread already. That will increase as well in PROPORTION to the number of champions in the basic crystals. I do not understand why this is such a hard concept to grasp, but i'm trying to explain it in detail the best I can. Others have said this as well, and instead of being acknowledged, they are dismissed and ignored and their argument reduced to "you're just saying get gud" which is actually insulting to them and the entire player base. This is how Kabam has advanced the game. Just today I was listening to the UMCOC podcast and they mentioned how it's possible to earn one 5 star crystal a week in the game. This was not the case a year ago, and I will bet anyone money that next year at this same time we will probably be saying the same thing about 6 star champions, or saying how easy it is to pull 2 five star champs a week.

Grounded, you may have me on ignore or not, but if you're reading this - there are all kinds of levels of players and this game caters to them all. You are simultaneously not the only one in your level in the game, while you are also in a level where others have no problem duping their champions. This will not change, but the game itself does like it always has since it started. I am able to open on average 3-4 four star champions a week on a good, active week. Many of mine I have maxed out, so i'm getting so many shards from that and arena on top of game content. This will continue with five stars, at the level the basic pool grows. And opportunities like the dungeon crystals or special crystals as well as featured crystals will be there for an increased chance. I just got the Captain marvel deal and opened a 5 star version and awakened mine, and in the last few weeks I managed to dupe 6 of my five star champions through normal game play and rewards from the ant man rifts. I have only seen one suggestion from you, in the form of "class specific" crystals - and I already explained that there are so many champs per class now, if they did that it would still be close to the same number of champs narrowed down in the feature crystal currently. That's all people are trying to explain to you, and if ANY OTHER growing player came on the forum and said they had less than 20 five star champs and were having trouble duping them, they would be given the EXACT SAME advice and explanation you were given multiple times now. If you are taking that personally, I would say don't and just try some of the advice given, as well as think about your suggestion and how many champs per class we have currently. It's not feasible for the problem you have described, and kabam isn't in the business of just making dupes easier - they make the crystals increase but it's up to you, RNG and personal hunger to progress to get them. It always will be.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Interesting that people who have me on Ignore still comment on my Threads. Also intersting that people I have on Ignore comment as well. Of course, when you think about it, it's not intersting at all. It's pretty obvious. Lol.

Interesting that you comment on people who you have on ignore about them commenting on you who they have on ignore. Lol.

I can see when people on Ignore comment, that doesn't meant I have to respond. I can also see when people who have me on Ignore comment.
    Intersting that you bypassed the topic to make a comment about my comment about Ignore. Lol.
    Moving on.

How can you know who has or doesn't have you on ignore? Even if you assume they have you on ignore, you made a comment on how it's interesting people who have you on ignore continue to reply to you, while you replied to the same person who you say you have on ignore. I just find humor in the hyprocisy of that statement is all :D . Anyway time to move on.

5* 'dups', more shards = more chance at dups.

I didn't reply to anyone I have on Ignore. When someone that has you on Ignore comments, you see the last comment on the Main Page, and you can't read the comment.

More Shards are not the solution to what I'm talking about. As I've mentioned repeatedly. I know the usual response is "Git Gud, Git More", but that's not the issue presented, and it's not even a solution to what I'm talking about. People starting out will have a harder and harder time to acquire Dups as the pool in the Basic is growing. I'm sure that's not an issue for people pulling in many 5*s a month, have a number of Dups, and have been amassing them for years now. The issue is the pool growing in the Basic, making it increasingly harder to Dup. It will become more and more challenging to Dup them for people building a Roster to Dup. Now, some people might say "working as intended", whether because that's how they feel, they want to contradict me, or because they want it to be hard for people. Whatever the reason, they're free to disagree, but more Shards is not a solution to what I'm presenting. Nor does it address the demographic I'm talking about.

I don't think the first part you wrote is true, because I have you on ignore and you can still read my comments :D

Regarding your 2nd issue, you seem a bit too focused on the statement "people have a harder time to acquire dups from the basic pool" and not looking at the bigger picture. The bigger picture for beginners is that while it is harder to acquire dupes from the basic pool, they're still better off than they were months/years ago with the many more sources of shards available to them now than before. If someone were to start a brand new account today, they'd have an easier time acquiring 5* shards and 5* champions from just playing through the game, than a new player from a year ago when the basic pool was limited. Your whole argument is based around newer players having it tougher now than older players, which is simply false with the recent changes Kabam has made. While they may take longer to dupe a champion (debatable, more shards = more chances at dupes than before), they're still growing their roster faster.

It's not as much easier as you think. If someone started an Account now, it would take months to get their first 5*. Less time than it took us, no doubt, but still longer. Let's say after 6 months, they progress to getting 1 5* a month. Roughly. They're still competing with 2 new Champs added a month.
    The statement that it is easier to get Shards is true, but it's also exaggerated by the fact that it's easier for upper demographics than lower. It's not THAT much easier for newer Players. It's easier for Uncollected and people in Allies that are pulling regular Shards. It's easier for people now than it was for us starting out. However, there are new problems arising. I'm pointing one out.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    5*s are easier to get than ever. Players now post pictures of having 5-10 5* champions with a summoner level in the 50s. I had 1-2 5*s by the time I hit level 60.
    I guess someone hasn't been to reddit and seen the new players posting their rosters after grinding out beginner and intermediate brackets with a huge 4 star selection and multiple 5 star champs - putting them at a level where they are capable of grinding for more after in normal and to complete event quest and story content. I just continue to see statement after statement trying to justify this opinion and just complete ignorance of the answers being given here. You started this thread because you wanted to hear your opinion and see if others were in agreement with you. it's pretty clear 500+ comments later your idea wouldn't work in reality, would have the same odds as the rest, and you should just progress like everyone else. That's all it comes down to.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom It will take just about everyone new, at this point in the game to get their first 5*. Some will get it faster, some slower.
    Depends on what they pay for, their ally and how much they play. I didn't get my first 5* for almost a year and as you stated above, some can get it in 5 months, some right away just for paying for the right deal.

I now have 21x 5* and just 1 dupe. But, I am average a little more than 2x 5* a month and sometimes get 3. My dupe rate isn't great (yet), but I'm accumulating more than the 2 new champs they put out a month, so in theory, dupes will catch up at some point.

The argument from @Hulksmasshh was that new players still get way more 5* which allows them to progress faster. Which is true. Eventually the dupes will come with some patience, RNG luck, or cash. Plus, not everyone has to be duped to be good. I'd kill for an unduped 5* iceman, blade, stark spidey or arch angel and I see noob accounts with 2-3 of those as their first pulls, when mine were Colossus, Cap America, Black Panther, etc. I just pulled Gwen Pool last week (unduped) and am ecstatic about it. It's not going to hurt my progress using her and you can bet I'm taking her to R4 because she's still a beast and one of the best I have now.
    5*s are easier to get than ever. Players now post pictures of having 5-10 5* champions with a summoner level in the 50s. I had 1-2 5*s by the time I hit level 60.
    That's still not what I'm saying. It's becoming increasingly difficult to Dup because the Basic pool is growing. Curious how long it took people to reach that level as well. They are more available, we've established that. Not enough to change the growing pool. I'm talking about a suggestion that still leaves it up to RNG and makes it somewhat easier to Awaken a Roster starting out. Shards are more available because the game has evolved. With that evolution, so have the Crystals. If the pool was static and the Shards increased, that statement would hold weight. Let's face it. The average Player isn't going to grow that fast. It's becoming an issue, and no matter how many times people say Shards are more available, that's just ignoring the problem.
    The current 5* featured crystal gives a 1 in 24 chance to dupe a champion, I duped five of my 5*s from the current 5* featured crystal. Opening basic 5* crystals in hopes of duplicating a champion is not an effective approach.
    The current 5* featured crystal gives a 1 in 24 chance to dupe a champion, I duped five of my 5*s from the current 5* featured crystal. Opening basic 5* crystals in hopes of duplicating a champion is not an effective approach.

I'm talking about the Basic pool. Which keeps rising. The purpose of the Featured is to try for newer Champs. Spending an extra 5k when trying to build a Roster and Awaken them is not an effective solution either. The problem will only grow as the Basic pool grows.
    edited July 2018
    I'm talking about the Basic pool. Which keeps rising. The purpose of the Featured is to try for newer Champs. Spending an extra 5k when trying to build a Roster and Awaken them is not an effective solution either. The problem will only grow as the Basic pool grows.

I don't remember Kabam ever saying the purpose of the 5* featured crystal is to try for newer champs. I was excited to be able to dupe Guillotine (1st 5* champ), Rogue (3/45 champ), and Crossbones (4/55 champ) from the current featured crystal. Didn't care for duping Yellowjacket and Moon Knight but without the bitter nothing would be sweet. Like most (or all) players I wasn't happy Kabam decided to replace the old 5* featured crystal format for the current 5* featured crystal format. Then I realized they would be making a lot less $ if they had kept the old 5* featured crystal format due to 5* shards and crystals being so much more available now compared to 6-12 months ago.

The current MCOC meta still favors 5* champions over all other star ratings, this is obvious because 99% of all top alliance players have four 5* champions in their profile. The occasional exceptions to that are players who were fortunate enough to pull and possibly dupe 6* champions like Void, Corvus Glaive, or Iron Man Infinity War.

Dorky Dave made a YouTube video on how he's able to open one 5* crystal per week. 5* champions being that available for any player means 5* champion class crystals would unbalance the game. 5* basic crystals have poor odds for duping champions but they keep the game balanced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKxz2JZdOnY
    edited July 2018
    That's still not what I'm saying. It's becoming increasingly difficult to Dup because the Basic pool is growing. Curious how long it took people to reach that level as well. They are more available, we've established that. Not enough to change the growing pool. I'm talking about a suggestion that still leaves it up to RNG and makes it somewhat easier to Awaken a Roster starting out. Shards are more available because the game has evolved. With that evolution, so have the Crystals. If the pool was static and the Shards increased, that statement would hold weight. Let's face it. The average Player isn't going to grow that fast. It's becoming an issue, and no matter how many times people say Shards are more available, that's just ignoring the problem.

It's like you're taking the statement "harder to dupe 5*s because of growing pool" completely out of context, not looking at the big picture. By that logic, 4*s are harder to dupe than 5*s because the 4* pool is larger than the 5* pool. The number of tries you get at a crystal directly tie into the chance you'll pull a dupe, over a period of time. Therefore, the number of shards you get is relevant to the discussion of how more/less difficult it is to pull a dupe. No one is ignoring your argument, people are just telling you your argument doesn't hold up when you look at the facts. I think you're a bit too boneheaded to accept that though.
    It's not the same as a 4*, not at all. The amount of time it takes to accumulate 4* Shards, and the cost of a 4* Crystal, are much lower.
    You're also basing that on an assumption of how easy it is for people to acquire Shards, which is not in proportion to the actual time it takes to acquire them for people first building a Roster.
    My points hold because people aren't acquiring Shards at that level fast enough to make a difference. I'm sure people can cite a few cases where some are raking them in. That's not really average at all, and is still not the issue I'm presenting because it's under a false impression that people are swimming in 5*s. Not the case for the lower demographic. More available than they were a year ago, sure. The Crystal layout has changed since then as well.
    You can keep arguing that everything is as it should be, but you've already expressed that opinion. I'm not going around in circles about it. I see a problem arising. You don't agree? Great. I do.
    I also asked people how they feel about a Class Crystal, or splitting the Basic into 3, which was the whole basis of the Thread. Yet there's been very little acknowledgement of that, just the same argument that there's no problem because there are more Shards. Over and over.
    I'm not boneheaded at all. I'm dealing with people arguing the same points that don't even hear the problem I'm describing. I'm also done because it's quite apparent what the intention is. I see a growing problem with people being able to Dup their Roster. Others have agreed as well. You don't agree. Great. We will be moving on in the conversation. I'm interested in getting feedback and discussion ideas. Not arguing the sky is green. There's a tremendous amount of effort to dispute for someone who says they have me on Ignore. Thanks for the feedback.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

It's like you're taking the statement "harder to dupe 5*s because of growing pool" completely out of context, not looking at the big picture. By that logic, 4*s are harder to dupe than 5*s because the 4* pool is larger than the 5* pool. The number of tries you get at a crystal directly tie into the chance you'll pull a dupe, over a period of time. Therefore, the number of shards you get is relevant to the discussion of how more/less difficult it is to pull a dupe. No one is ignoring your argument, people are just telling you your argument doesn't hold up when you look at the facts. I think you're a bit too boneheaded to accept that though.
    It's not the same as a 4*, not at all. The amount of time it takes to accumulate 4* Shards, and the cost of a 4* Crystal, are much lower.
    You're also basing that on an assumption of how easy it is for people to acquire Shards, which is not in proportion to the actual time it takes to acquire them for people first building a Roster.
    My points hold because people aren't acquiring Shards at that level fast enough to make a difference. I'm sure people can cite a few cases where some are raking them in. That's not really average at all, and is still not the issue I'm presenting because it's under a false impression that people are swimming in 5*s. Not the case for the lower demographic. More available than they were a year ago, sure. The Crystal layout has changed since then as well.
    You can keep arguing that everything is as it should be, but you've already expressed that opinion. I'm not going around in circles about it. I see a problem arising. You don't agree? Great. I do.
    I also asked people how they feel about a Class Crystal, or splitting the Basic into 3, which was the whole basis of the Thread. Yet there's been very little acknowledgement of that, just the same argument that there's no problem because there are more Shards. Over and over.
    I'm not boneheaded at all. I'm dealing with people arguing the same points that don't even hear the problem I'm describing. I'm also done because it's quite apparent what the intention is. I see a growing problem with people being able to Dup their Roster. Others have agreed as well. You don't agree. Great. We will be moving on in the conversation. I'm interested in getting feedback and discussion ideas. Not arguing the sky is green. There's a tremendous amount of effort to dispute for someone who says they have me on Ignore. Thanks for the feedback.

The 5* shards are there if you know where to look, which based on what you've had to say so far you don't know where to go. I'd really recommend looking at the various guides the community has generously created for 5* progression before blaming the game/system. To be fair, a true "beginner" has no business getting 5* shards before they build their 3* and 4* roster first. Kabam has actually laid out a pretty good progression plan for beginners to play and enjoy the game, getting 4* - 5* shards at a steady pace until they're hooked. Regarding class crystals or splitting the basic pool into 3, that would seem to benefit the veteran players more than the beginners. If you could purchase these crystals with shards, that would make 'targeting' a whole lot easier for those swimming in shards and not benefit beginner players as much as it would unbalance the veteran players. If those crystals were a thing, they would have to cost more than the standard 10k 5* crystal or the basic crystal would become obsolete. Then there's already this thing called the featured 5* crystal, which Kabam specifically stated one of the pros is a higher chance to duplicate a champ. A lot of these issues have been addressed in Kabam - just need to know where to look. From the very first post, it sounds like you made this thread out of rage pulling another non-dupe and didn't really think the argument through.
    Moving on.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    IOSJasoN wrote: »
    This is a problem I can only say I have when it comes to God tier champs lol..
    Let's see
    I pulled Storm and duped her 5 times!..
    I saved 4 5* crystals opened 1 CW, 2 CW, 3 She-hulk, 4 CW (talk about RNG at its finest)
    Next 2 crystals Ronan and Electra, Next 2 crystals Electra and Ronan :-/
    Pulled Loki and a few crystals later duped him..
    Mean while there's a mass amount of 5*s I don't have and my Blade, GR, Iceman and DV remain unduped.. RNG can be so cruel :-(

Just needed to amend this..
    I recently duped Iceman :smiley:

THANK YOU for saying this perfectly. I've been trying to get the point across all over this thread but it's like throwing eggs at a concrete wall. Kabam has designed this game for a specific progression and many of us didn't start getting dupes unless we saved our shards and went for a featured, got it through a special crystal or package we used $ or units with, and really didn't start getting multiple GOOD dupes until we progressed in the game and started opening multiple 5 star crystals a month or more. The video someone shared above it all he needs to do to dupe someone quicker, and as newer players come up (these supposed people who would have a harder time to dupe someone due to the pool being larger) the game will already be scaled to their natural progression and allow them to pull as many 5 star crystals as there are 4 stars being opened now.

I don't know how anyone couldn't see the points you just made, they're clear as day. It's not a Kabam issue or a new player issue. Who does that leave?
    Thought50 wrote: »

The 5* shards are there if you know where to look, which based on what you've had to say so far you don't know where to go. I'd really recommend looking at the various guides the community has generously created for 5* progression before blaming the game/system. To be fair, a true "beginner" has no business getting 5* shards before they build their 3* and 4* roster first. Kabam has actually laid out a pretty good progression plan for beginners to play and enjoy the game, getting 4* - 5* shards at a steady pace until they're hooked. Regarding class crystals or splitting the basic pool into 3, that would seem to benefit the veteran players more than the beginners. If you could purchase these crystals with shards, that would make 'targeting' a whole lot easier for those swimming in shards and not benefit beginner players as much as it would unbalance the veteran players. If those crystals were a thing, they would have to cost more than the standard 10k 5* crystal or the basic crystal would become obsolete. Then there's already this thing called the featured 5* crystal, which Kabam specifically stated one of the pros is a higher chance to duplicate a champ. A lot of these issues have been addressed in Kabam - just need to know where to look. From the very first post, it sounds like you made this thread out of rage pulling another non-dupe and didn't really think the argument through.

This is a perfect write up of the state of the game. Unless the community wants Kabam to change the way we progress I think it should continue down the course that has been set.

I could possibly see that a speical roating class crystal could be released. 15k shards and it would be on the same day that class quests happen, and only be for Uncollected players. This way it doesn't mess with the progression of beginning players and lets the higher end players focus on their needs.

Only that's totally irreverent to what I brought up and only caters to the group that doesn't need it. It's just ignorance.
    In any case, Dungeons are coming back. Perhaps if they were more frequent, that could be a more viable solution as well.
    Sure buddy. This whole thing was a giant waste of time and space.
    Another one who goes on Ignore.
    Honestly, if you're just trying to contradict me to sabotage the Thread, don't bother. I'm putting it on Ignore and responding to people who are discussing the Topic in a respectful way.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Ignore or not, I have this bookmarked and follow the thread. And apparently, you are too. Ignore away, but you certainly don’t seem to be done as you stated several times. Typical behavior OP as you say one thing but do or want another.

Honestly we should all let this thread die now. We are at the wall as is the typical case when OP is part of the discussion. Just let him keep wishing. Cause that’s all it is.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Crystals are random and it is controlled by something called RNG and it is unpredictable. We all deal with it. So while it seems you have less luck getting a dupe that is not true. RNG might make your next 5 crystals all be dupes!!!! That is how RNG works. It is random brother. Class specific crystals for 15k might not be a bad idea but you would still have that RNG thing you know.