**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Roll MCOC back to Pre 12.0

Judging by all the post here it seems like there are next to no players who are happy with the game play since the 12.0 update but maybe I am wrong and Then again maybe I am wrong and maybe KABAM/NetMarble just do not realize how many of us really want them to roll this game back to a version pre 12.0 (and how much more money they would make it they did -- if they even care). So I am starting a poll to see how many players want them to roll the game back to pre 12.0 and how many just want the bugs fixed but are happy with the The Challenge Ratings, Diminishing Returns, Nerfs on Top Champs, Flat Rates anf all the other post 12.0 changes.

Comments

• BCdiscmanBCdiscman Posts: 348
    Unfortunately I can't seem to figure out how to make it a poll so you'll just need to comment. sorry.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    It goes without saying. 12.0 is the line where greed become more important than the quality of the product. Everything post has added to issues vs fixing anything
  • 420down420down Posts: 170
    They are way too arrogant to even consider it. And that will be the games doom. People aren't having fun anymore. I spend when I'm having fun.
    The whales may still be buying but when they are the only ones left playing that will end too
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    It can't all be combined like that. I am happy with the "god tier" champs being nerfed. Everything else can go back to the way it was.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Never going to happen. And really holding onto 12.0 isn't doing anyone anything other than fostering negativity which leads to the last thread you started, creating negative environments within your alliance which leads to its gradual decay and eventual collapse.
    To me saying "never gonna happen" is the negativity post. Can you imagine if Ford or GM put out a car it was great and everyone loved and then had a recall and after the recall the brakes quit working but the consumers were told you'll just have to get used to it because we're never going to go back to the old way? Good enough people get upset and enough people quit the game the have no choice but to either close up shop or go back to the way the game was when it was successful. You can't tell me that a company does not want to completely please its customer base and has the attitude of if you don't like it don't buy it. No company operates that way.
  • 420down420down Posts: 170
    Negative feedback is actually good for customer relations. This is a fact. A consumer that will talk to you is a consumer you have the opportunity to keep. It's the ones that get fed up and won't say anything that you lose permanently.

Guys obviously the forum trolls have made there way to the new forum. Make sure you are flagging them for spam.
  • ThatsausageThatsausage Posts: 214
    I do hope it gets rolled back to 12.0. Current update just plain sucks. Bug after bug, this bug infested version has to go.
  • JSnookJSnook Posts: 219
    edited May 2017
    I don't think rolling back is in their best interest at this point. Their best move would be to pump the brakes, evaluate all reported issues, implement changes, extensive beta test (hardcore players, not casual), release new update. Obviously this would most likely, if done correctly, cost them the month of June without a new monthly quest, etc.

They could get this into a cycle where the next update is being planned and tested, while the new one is rolled out. This would help immensely to reduce bugs, etc.
    edited May 2017
    Again just to stay on topic guys the question was just simply 'would the player base prefer that KABAM rolled the game back to pre 12.0 or keep it where it is and simply fix the bugs"

I think the information would actually be helpful not only for my knowledge but for Kabam. I believe they call it market research
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I don't want pre 12.0 update and I'm a player that's in an alliance that runs maps 66555 in aq. I always saw unskilled players going through hard content just because they had a duped sw. I still don't have her or Thor and I can clear difficult easily. I haven't needed revives either in aq or aw. The changes they have made aren't bad and neither are the bugs. If you play this game long enough and get more skilled you don't notice the bugs. Kabam just needs to fix the bugs before adding more content. I think Kabam is doing what they need to do to make this game last a long time.
  • WittyWitty Posts: 38
    God damn it. Not this again.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    BCdiscman wrote: »
    To me saying "never gonna happen" is the negativity post. Can you imagine if Ford or GM put out a car it was great and everyone loved and then had a recall and after the recall the brakes quit working but the consumers were told you'll just have to get used to it because we're never going to go back to the old way? Good enough people get upset and enough people quit the game the have no choice but to either close up shop or go back to the way the game was when it was successful. You can't tell me that a company does not want to completely please its customer base and has the attitude of if you don't like it don't buy it. No company operates that way.

First of all, your analogy sucks because we are talking about safety/regulatory things with automobile manufacturers. This is a game, not a life or death situation.

Secondly, when GM/Ford makes a recall, they don't "go back to the old system," they fix the new one. GM/Ford knows that the new system is better (that's why they changed it in the first place) it just has some issues to work out.

Personally I like the bulk of the 12.0 patch but there have definitely been far too many bugs. That's why kabam has hired more QA people to help combat these issues. Rolling back is simply not an option for a multitude of reasons. It's not happening so get over it.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★

First of all, your analogy sucks because we are talking about safety/regulatory things with automobile manufacturers. This is a game, not a life or death situation.

Secondly, when GM/Ford makes a recall, they don't "go back to the old system," they fix the new one. GM/Ford knows that the new system is better (that's why they changed it in the first place) it just has some issues to work out.

Personally I like the bulk of the 12.0 patch but there have definitely been far too many bugs. That's why kabam has hired more QA people to help combat these issues. Rolling back is simply not an option for a multitude of reasons. It's not happening so get over it.[/quote]

I agree. Once the bugs get fixed, this will be a great game. I liked 12.0 update and Kabam fixed some issues that players didn't like. They do get feedback from the select few that are beta testers so we just have to wait for them to fix the bugs
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    BCdiscman wrote: »
    Again just to stay on topic guys the question was just simply 'would the player base prefer that KABAM rolled the game back to pre 12.0 or keep it where it is and simply fix the bugs"

I think the information would actually be helpful not only for my knowledge but for Kabam. I believe they call it market research

I doubt if that information would be particularly useful, because it is essentially impossible to do.

I'm not saying it is impossible to remove diminishing returns, or eliminate challenger rating. It is certainly possible to give champions their pre-12.0 stats back. But it is explicitly beyond any likely circumstance for Kabam to roll the game back to 11.x. Most of the gameplay bugs appear to be due to platform changes they cannot roll back, because it would mean tossing out all development code added since then and it would mean permanently locking themselves to a potentially unsupported platform. That's logistically catastrophic. It would be easier to make an entirely new game that just happened to look exactly like MCOC 11.x.

The content within it (and by content I mean the champions and their stats) would be easier to roll back, but there would be large complications to doing so and they would just have to redo all their balancing efforts from scratch, with potentially randomly different but equally unpleasant results. I don't see that happening either, because that would create all kinds of internal development nightmares.

You can still advocate for pushing the game back towards what it looked like in 11.x, a piece at a time. Not saying you're going to get it, but those are at least reasonable (in terms of being doable) requests. But asking for a rollback or asking people what their opinion on a rollback is, is not in my opinion going to generate any positive results, because it is asking for the practically impossible. It is not impossible to make any one particular change within the context of keeping everything else stable around it. But it is too easy to ignore a call for an impossible task, no matter how many players ask for it.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    12.0 is where this game is going. It is their design. My opinion is that we are slowly shifting back to it bit by bit