**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does Corvus Glaive’s crits bypass Antman’s glance?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Fixxx wrote: »
    If there is a bug, I consider it a bug on Ant-Man. His Glancing affects Offensive Ability Accuracy--Glaive charges I surmise is passive based on its icon, which means hits on glaived attacks should not be glanced and not be subject to -100% Offensive Ability Accuracy reduction

It would be better if a mod can chime in and clarify the interaction of Pym Gas Control and Glaive charges

Glaive charges icon is just there to let the player know how many crits are left before it goes to cooldown.

Then wouldn't it be a simple matter to show Glaive charges as active buffs the way True Damage is shown?

That wouldn’t be a great idea, it would feed mystic dispersion to hell.

Maybe, but wouldn't that be the point of the class disadvantage?

The point of a class advantage is to provide an attack boost to the one with it, and to reduce damage for the one with the disadvantage.

A class disadvantage is not meant to interact with masteries to provide 12% power per hit. They make champions with this in mind. Think of Carnage. When he came out, kabam specifically said his buffs were passive so that every time they switched from fury to precision during his MLLLM combo, it didn’t feed MD

Actually, the loading screens used to speak to the attributes of certain classes and the specific reasons they have advantages and disadvantages against other classes.

In the game, it was said that Cosmic champs were reliant on buffs to increase damage output and defense. This holds true when thinking of some of the oldest and even the newer champs. Drax, Black Bolt, Ms. Marvel, Superior Iron Man...all use buffs to make themselves better.

On the other hand, mystics are known for their ability to nullify buffs in various ways. Iron Fist can armor break. Dr. Strange can counterspell. Scarlet Witch can nullify. Juggernaut can stagger. The loading screens stated that this was a reason mystics hold a class advantage over cosmics.

Conversely, Science champs have naturally high base attributes that can't be nullified and they don't often rely on buffs, which is why mystics are at a disadvantage against them.

Please keep in mind that this isn't simply a personal observation of champion interactions. These are descriptions that were given to us in-game.

I'd say that with all that, it would fit well in the established rules if mystics could actively nullify or otherwise benefit from Corvus' charges. I'm not calling for it. I'm just saying that it would make sense.

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    If there is a bug, I consider it a bug on Ant-Man. His Glancing affects Offensive Ability Accuracy--Glaive charges I surmise is passive based on its icon, which means hits on glaived attacks should not be glanced and not be subject to -100% Offensive Ability Accuracy reduction

It would be better if a mod can chime in and clarify the interaction of Pym Gas Control and Glaive charges

Glaive charges icon is just there to let the player know how many crits are left before it goes to cooldown.

Then wouldn't it be a simple matter to show Glaive charges as active buffs the way True Damage is shown?

The point of a class advantage is to provide an attack boost to the one with it, and to reduce damage for the one with the disadvantage.

A class disadvantage is not meant to interact with masteries to provide 12% power per hit. They make champions with this in mind. Think of Carnage. When he came out, kabam specifically said his buffs were passive so that every time they switched from fury to precision during his MLLLM combo, it didn’t feed MD

Actually, the loading screens used to speak to the attributes of certain classes and the specific reasons they have advantages and disadvantages against other classes.

In the game, it was said that Cosmic champs were reliant on buffs to increase damage output and defense. This holds true when thinking of some of the oldest and even the newer champs. Drax, Black Bolt, Ms. Marvel, Superior Iron Man...all use buffs to make themselves better.

On the other hand, mystics are known for their ability to nullify buffs in various ways. Iron Fist can armor break. Dr. Strange can counterspell. Scarlet Witch can nullify. Juggernaut can stagger. The loading screens stated that this was a reason mystics hold a class advantage over cosmics.

Conversely, Science champs have naturally high base attributes that can't be nullified and they don't often rely on buffs, which is why mystics are at a disadvantage against them.

Please keep in mind that this isn't simply a personal observation of champion interactions. These are descriptions that were given to us in-game.

I'd say that with all that, it would fit well in the established rules if mystics could actively nullify or otherwise benefit from Corvus' charges. I'm not calling for it. I'm just saying that it would make sense.

I would agree if any of the loading screens said something about class masteries. I disagree that it would make sense for Corvus to have loads of buffs just because he’s cosmic. (Note, I’m not denying that cosmic is the “buff class”, I just don’t think Corvus should have his glaive charges as buffs, simply because he’s cosmic. I don’t think that’s a good reason) Other classes have loads of buffs too, Howard the duck to name one.
  • Options
    Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    Karnak does..
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★

I would agree if any of the loading screens said something about class masteries. I disagree that it would make sense for Corvus to have loads of buffs just because he’s cosmic. (Note, I’m not denying that cosmic is the “buff class”, I just don’t think Corvus should have his glaive charges as buffs, simply because he’s cosmic. I don’t think that’s a good reason) Other classes have loads of buffs too, Howard the duck to name one.

As the happy and enthusiastic owner of a 5/50 Awakened Ronan, I'd love for Corvus to start the game with twenty buffs.

As it is, they're just counters/markers, like Guillotine's souls or WS's ammo type; and probably ought to be greyed out.
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Now that Variant has a glancing global node, maybe it's time to fix this bug?