**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

CIVIL WARRIOR seems weak and useless

玩玩玩家玩玩玩家 Posts: 441
edited July 2018 in Strategy and Tips
Hi, I have a 3* CIVIL WARRIOR

Hero Rating 1285
Rank 4/4
Level 12/40

Compare with my 3* Wolverive (X-23) at about same level, Civil Warrior seems so weak and useless (KO several times) , maybe I don't know yet how to control him, please help.

Comments

• Neviah2104Neviah2104 Posts: 20
    i completely agree with you. i had him as a 4 star at rank 4/40 and he was awakened as well. i know i shouldnt have done this but i sold him for 600 5 star shards and got 5 star medusa out of the crystal. So i would say that was a pretty fair deal. Maybe he does have a use but i havent found any use for him myself
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,505 ★★★★★
    *is....not "seems"
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    He’s quite a tank with powercontrol on his second special.
    He’s not bad at all.
  • 玩玩玩家玩玩玩家 Posts: 441
    Especially the First Special (so useless), he slam his shield on the floor with blue lights bbzzzz.... so cool
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    @danielmath what do you think... honey <3
    edited July 2018
    Bapoi wrote: »
    He’s not bad at all.

but i get KO using CIVIL WARRIOR when facing stronger opponent
  • InfinityM04InfinityM04 Posts: 118
    I actually just got him from a 4* crystal and I'm enjoying his heavy attack (healing block) and his SP2. But I haven't fought any actual strong champs. I still have him as a Rank 1. (Waiting on Friday for Tech event to level him up).
  • sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 240 ★★
    Wait till you see colossus or hulkbuster, at least he has a heal block.
    Wait till you see colossus or hulkbuster, at least he has a heal block.

He has a VERY COOL FOOTWORK, stepping forward switching left to right.

I did not notice his heal block yet, will try later
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Bapoi wrote: »
    He’s not bad at all.

but i get KO using CIVIL WARRIOR when facing stronger opponent

Because you don't know how to play properly.
    He is more tankier than x-23. He just doesn't have the regen or damage going on for him. He has other uses besides that.
    Not every character can have the same offensive power utility
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    He's a utility champ. He has power drain and heal block. Usually utility champs in the game don't have a high attack, there's exceptions of course. Honestly he doesn't have much use in the game because his utility is just okay and his attack stinks. He's a lot of fun to use though, sort of a shame he's not a better champ. I swear if they made his attack increase with his permanent armor he might be a viable champ...so close but so far.
  • BK_AVENGERBK_AVENGER Posts: 59
    His special 1 gives armor ups and they reduce the opponents offensive ability accuracy.
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    He is very fluid and a soild defender for AW
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    He has his uses if you know how to use him , he's very useful when facing champions that heal and gain power but his worth and as an attacker and defender leaves a lot to be desired.

He's best served as a utility champion for specific fights, wish they would improve him a bit more because I do like using him.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    i like him, i won him in arena to stay there at rank 1
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,363 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Like @DaMunk says, he's definitely a reasonable defensive utility champ; and if you aren't blessed with better Power Control champions, then he's actually pretty good at that.

Remember he's a defensive/guardian champion - comparing him to X-23 is comparing apples and oranges.

You can definitely win fights with CW. His damage output isn't great, but he has good base armour and very good block proficiency (which is a key skill) You can also build up his defensive armour pretty well in a longer fight.
    Those Passives are truly permanent; and his armour can prevent you from being afflicted with bleed, poison, stun, power drain, and even degeneration. Awakened, you can markedly reduce the damage from any Special Attacks your opponent sneaks past your Power Drains.

Civil Warrior is defensive, and actually pretty good at that. He's got defensive synergies that make him even better. The trouble is, the better a player you are (and therefore the better you are at intercepting, baiting special attacks and using dexterity to evade) the less you need a defensive champion at all; so more advanced players rate almost all defensive champions (CW, Colossus, Hulkbuster, Ant-Man) as 'weak' or even useless. This actually reflects that they (as players) don't get much out of the champion. As a beginner or intermediate player, who is playing with 3* champions, CW could be really useful for you. Just remember the aim is to for you to win the fight, not 'win the fight with the fastest time/fewest hits'.
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    no champ is bad its either the player or their skills .....
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

I can't tell if this is sarcasm... I can only hope...
    Werewrym wrote: »

I can't tell if this is sarcasm... I can only hope...

oof ...you will never know MWAHAAAHAAHAHA
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★

There's plenty of bad or useless champions out there, it's just some of the bad ones have things that they can do that make them helpful but when you compare them to others who can do it better and have way better stats and abilities that leave others in their dust

There's plenty of bad or useless champions out there, it's just some of the bad ones have things that they can do that make them helpful but when you compare them to others who can do it better and have way better stats and abilities that leave others in their dust

not what i meant ...some people say some champs stink cause they don't understand the champ thats my point
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    He is not Bad.
    One of the less who can kill rol Wolverie. Some time, skill and Timing at presence...

Even in Arena He can Do some Hard fights where Ronan gets in trouble. Learn Him.
    His healblock is one of the Best i think.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Champs are vastly unbalanced watch a tier list vid on YouTube and see who’s good and bad
    Oh no, KO again my 3* CIVIL WARRIOR against a stronger opponent in Story Quest Act 3 Fearless.
    I really try hard with my CW, keep attacking but the damage is so little, is like a little girl punching on you and you look at her smiling.
    Oh no, KO again my 3* CIVIL WARRIOR against a stronger opponent in Story Quest Act 3 Fearless.

Think that may be a you problem as opposed to a problem with civil warrior.

I go back to the same opponent and still i get a KO, honestly.