**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So...

NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
No compensation ??? Hasn't even been mentioned as far as I've seen... Whether it's Kabam's fault or not, the game; THEIR game, went down. We deserve compensation for unexpected outages. The game goes down at least 4 times a month. 8 if u count scheduled maintenance. So why is it no matter what happens, we never get anything in return. Last compensation was complete trash. Did they even consider expiring iso, expiring catalysts, Legend Run, expiring items ? No. So no not every problem was solved with that "compensation".

Comments

• FyrintenimarFyrintenimar Posts: 53
    True enough. Even when its not Kabam's fault, it costs comparatively little to give away some pixels for good will, especially since unplanned downtimes cause loss of rewards, loss of items, and inconvenience. I wonder if the service provider that let Kabam down has to compensate them for downtimes? I'd assume disruption to the game like this costs Kabam a pretty penny too.
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    You said "No compensation" but there was compensation for the down time and the AQ issues. The community will never be happy with what Kabam offers. They could give everyone a free 6* champion and people will complain they couldn't choose it or they will want 2 instead of 1 because 1 wasn't good enough. The down time comp was perfectly fine. You can't complain about the scheduled maintenance either. They let us know ahead of time of when it's happening. They can't do anything about the performance issues with the iOS/Android heating stuff until they have fixed it and measured what was affected, how and who. It's free stuff from a game you don't have to pay for. Accept it and move on.

So what compensation have we gotten for the game going down just now ? I haven't received any. U saying u have ? I said the LAST compensation sucked. We don't get ANY this time.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    Namelez wrote: »
    You said "No compensation" but there was compensation for the down time and the AQ issues. The community will never be happy with what Kabam offers. They could give everyone a free 6* champion and people will complain they couldn't choose it or they will want 2 instead of 1 because 1 wasn't good enough. The down time comp was perfectly fine. You can't complain about the scheduled maintenance either. They let us know ahead of time of when it's happening. They can't do anything about the performance issues with the iOS/Android heating stuff until they have fixed it and measured what was affected, how and who. It's free stuff from a game you don't have to pay for. Accept it and move on.

So what compensation have we gotten for the game going down just now ? I haven't received any. U saying u have ? I said the LAST compensation sucked. We don't get ANY this time.

Are you joking? How long was the game down for? 30 mins? 1 Hour? What compensation do you need for that? I mean seriously. Do you ask for free stuff from everyone in life that messes up? Is that really your expectation? This is why they stopped doing it for every little issue. You expect something when something happens to the game. Why does everyone think Kabam makes the servers go down on purpose? What do they have to gain? They have to listen to a greedy community asking for free stuff for something that is out of their control.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    You expect something when something happens to the game.

Not "expect"....deserve. :D

Raganator wrote: »

What happens if the power goes out in your home? Do you get free electricity packages? No. What happens if the internet goes out in your home? Do you get free internet? No. If you count up the amount of hours the game goes down compared to when it's not, it would probably be less than 1% if that. So I stick with "Expect". We don't deserve it.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★

What happens if the power goes out in your home? Do you get free electricity packages? No. What happens if the internet goes out in your home? Do you get free internet? No. If you count up the amount of hours the game goes down compared to when it's not, it would probably be less than 1% if that. So I stick with "Expect". We don't deserve it.

I'm quoting the OP. I agree with you.
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★

This server outage doesn’t even look like it was Kabam’s fault. Many apps went down at the same time you really can’t expect compensation for everything. It even says in their TOS they’re not entitled to give us compensation so when they do they’re actually being generous.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Lol bruh.. the game was down for 30 mins why ask for free stuff? You guys are just getting ridiculous. The downtime prolly effected like 1% Of the player base. Like me I was working and didn’t even notice it was down till I saw the notification... stop asking for free stuff..

I'm quoting the OP. I agree with you.

My bad.
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    I’m sure it was down for less than 30 seconds before you were on here **** about it too. Compensation is necessary when it is truly effecting a large portion of the player base that was not the case so please stop with the posts
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    I think we are missing the post where they ask for RDT.

"Logic" will be like: I made a decision that I reconsider right after the server went down, and that's why Kabam must give me a RDT. :|

P.D. The only ones I would agree with to a sort of compensation are the ones who where on Micro realm
  • Reevesy01Reevesy01 Posts: 79
    I couldn't care less about compensation, the only compo i'd like is for them to make the game the best they can without the constant release of untested content, bugs, crashes, overheating problems and all the other problems that occur on a daily basis. The game has been out for nearly four years now and all that happens are quick fixes to bugs which don't fix the overall problems now the game has more issues than a millennial sjw.
  • FyrintenimarFyrintenimar Posts: 53

The two don't really compare.
    Electricity and internet are essentially utilities and our choice of service providers is very limited. Where I live, there is only one internet service provider and only one power company, so no matter how bad the service is or how poorly they treat customers, I'm stuck with them. Electricity bills are generally based on consumption, so you're not billed for power you're not able to use during an outage, but they also don't comp you for any damages caused by the lack of power. Internet is usually a flat rate per month, but unless an outage is very long (significant portion of the billing period), demanding compensation would be several hours of effort to get a few cents credited to you. Doable but generally not worth the effort.
    Games, on the other hand, are completely optional. You don't have to play and if you do choose to play, you have a ton of games from which to choose. Because of that, games are more reliant on customer goodwill. Make the wrong people angry and your game dies. Because of this, many games choose to give compensation, even for scheduled maintenance. Its become kind of an industry standard, so yes, players do "expect" compensation for downtime, even when its brief.
    I would not go as far as to say "deserve" compensation. If people got exactly what they deserved, the majority of us would not be happy XD.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

I don't in general ask for compensation for downtime, and I'm not asking for it here. But Kabam is actually running remarkably close to 1% unplanned downtime for the year by my estimation, and that's actually horrible. I think collectively we are probably over twenty four hours of accumulated downtime for the year. Forty four hours of downtime at this point in the year would be 99% uptime.

99% uptime outside of planned maintenance for a game like this would be nothing to be proud of. This particular outage was the result of a Google App Engine failure that affected more than just this game, so Kabam gets a bit of a pass there. But you can only blame vendors up to a point; beyond that point it becomes your responsibility to either work around the failings of your vendors or pick better vendors.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I don't in general ask for compensation for downtime, and I'm not asking for it here. But Kabam is actually running remarkably close to 1% unplanned downtime for the year by my estimation, and that's actually horrible. I think collectively we are probably over twenty four hours of accumulated downtime for the year. Forty four hours of downtime at this point in the year would be 99% uptime.

99% uptime outside of planned maintenance for a game like this would be nothing to be proud of. This particular outage was the result of a Google App Engine failure that affected more than just this game, so Kabam gets a bit of a pass there. But you can only blame vendors up to a point; beyond that point it becomes your responsibility to either work around the failings of your vendors or pick better vendors.

So you are asking for perfection and nothing less would be acceptable? Good to know.
  • SolvseusSolvseus Posts: 77
    I would have been happy with a 6-star. In fact, it's what I asked for in the post about this. The compensation package they did give wasn't fantastic.

Still kind of a newbie and I know it's not always their fault, so I'm trying to be patient, but despite the feedback we get in these forums sometimes, it doesn't feel like things are going to get any better. Sounds like you guys have been having these problems for a really long time now. Makes me hesitant to invest too much in this game moving forward.
  • Imthatdamnbad82Imthatdamnbad82 Posts: 181
    It did cost us a map finish in AQ due to work schedules...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    It really wasn't down for a significant amount of time.

So you are asking for perfection and nothing less would be acceptable? Good to know.

If that's how you translate my post, one of us is illiterate. I'm betting it isn't me.

100% would be perfection. You said 1% down time is horrible. Either you have way to high of standards or you spoke wrong
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

If that's how you translate my post, one of us is illiterate. I'm betting it isn't me.

100% would be perfection. You said 1% down time is horrible. Either you have way to high of standards or you spoke wrong

When you buy Amazon storage, there's two SLA tiers you can get. The first one, aka the normal one, promises 99.9% uptime below which the customer is entitled to a service credit. Below 99.9% the customer is entitled to a 10% credit. Below 99% they are entitled to a 25% credit. The second one, aka the **** one, requires 99% uptime before the customer is entitled to a 10% service credit, and at 98% they are entitled to a 25% credit.

If you are a paying customer, Google's SLA promises 99.9% uptime for things like Gmail. The Google App Engine, the thing that caused our ~1 hr downtime, has an SLA requirement of 99.95% uptime per month before the customer is entitled to service credits for the interruption. That's 36 minutes per month, and the downtime this morning was already higher than that. Kabam is already entitled to a service credit for that 50 minute outage.

In the realm of service level agreements and downtime thresholds, particularly for real time customer facing services, 99% is horrible. The vast majority of the uptime world lives between 98% and 99.999%. From 98% to 99%, you aren't really serious about uptime. From 99% to 99.9% you are moderately serious about uptime, and from 99.9% to 99.999% you are in the realm of genuinely serious uptime. What you call "my standards" are actually the world's standards when it comes to uptime.
    Down for about 30 minutes ??? Fair enough. But when we got roughly 8-10 outages outta knowhere that last 30 minutes, how much time does that add up to ? Around 4 to 5 hours.
    Another example. Legend run. 30 minutes just got took off and u need roughly 2 hours. Well now I lost 30 minutes of my run. So u can say 30 minutes isn't a big deal, but in a certain situation it can be.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    No compensation ??? Hasn't even been mentioned as far as I've seen... Whether it's Kabam's fault or not, the game; THEIR game, went down. We deserve compensation for unexpected outages. The game goes down at least 4 times a month. 8 if u count scheduled maintenance. So why is it no matter what happens, we never get anything in return. Last compensation was complete trash. Did they even consider expiring iso, expiring catalysts, Legend Run, expiring items ? No. So no not every problem was solved with that "compensation".

Pretty sure the compensation comparisons can be endless, but considering people’s phones are overheating from using this game, 30 minute down-time is the equivalent to a bathroom break.
    Plantesan wrote: »

Pretty sure the compensation comparisons can be endless, but considering people’s phones are overheating from using this game, 30 minute down-time is the equivalent to a bathroom break.

That's true enough but still u can't take breaks during Legend Run bro every minute counts
  • Kry0hKry0h Posts: 22
    im fine with whatever im just happy that im getting free stuff its not much but its free
  • Crooked_Sprook1Crooked_Sprook1 Posts: 294 ★★
    Guys, kabam doesn’t mention compensation until after the problem has been fixed. Kabam isn’t stupid as to lose player so the compensation wouldn’t be too bad. Just gotta wait
  • Ij135Ij135 Posts: 10
    Jesus!!!!!

Are you gonna cry??