**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Multitasking apps

roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
As an iPhone 6s user I wonder why all other apps remain open in background for multitasking while MCOC doesn’t? It get kinda irritating to jump back and forth to LINE and the game during aq and war and the game just suddenly restart. Other apps is working as intended, this isn’t at apple side so therefore at kabam’s side

Comments

• mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Considering the recent overheating issue, it's probably for the best....
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    roberto94 wrote: »
    As an iPhone 6s user I wonder why all other apps remain open in background for multitasking while MCOC doesn’t? It get kinda irritating to jump back and forth to LINE and the game during aq and war and the game just suddenly restart. Other apps is working as intended, this isn’t at apple side so therefore at kabam’s side

There are a lot of other games that restart when you switch apps.
    Probably there are multiple scenarios when MCOC needs to resend a server request in order to retrieve all the information, therefore restarting.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    I see :/ but how does that explain that my girlfriend’s Samsung Galaxy S6 is able to keep it active in background? The game is still open after 30 minutes inactive while mine multitasking somehow is another way around for just mcoc.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    It just started happening recently with the 19.0 update. I used to be able to multitask constantly but with this last update it seems to reset every time you switch over, regardless of how long it is.
  • BmanBman Posts: 217
    I use iPhone X, but it was the exact same on my iPhone 6. Switching apps almost always closes the game, even if it’s for just a few seconds. I have been able to understand why, and yes it is super annoying!
    roberto94 wrote: »
    I see :/ but how does that explain that my girlfriend’s Samsung Galaxy S6 is able to keep it active in background? The game is still open after 30 minutes inactive while mine multitasking somehow is another way around for just mcoc.

Then get a Samsung Galaxy S6. Or trade phones with your GF

Hahahaha, if she allowed it :p

• Chadpool1Chadpool1 Posts: 348
    Check your setting on your phone too. There is a background app refresh setting
  • Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    This was something that happened a couple of iOS updates ago. I was under the impression that it was an Apple thing.
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    IPhone 6s? I think this is a handset issue. Yes, even my 8s "sometimes" does this but you can't fault a company for not fully supporting older and outdated handsets.
  • Katy_CandyKaty_Candy Posts: 175
    That just started a couple of updates ago. Installed line on my laptop cause of it.
  • Bash100000Bash100000 Posts: 11
    first time i noticed it was a few months ago, i figured it was a kabam thing, the reason i put to that was i was doing a screen video capture, so i would pop out of the game to the switch screen hit the record screen button and pop back in and found the game would reload. so i thought maybe kabam had set up some kind of way of prevent a third party app running ontop of MCoC and then i also noticed it after that when doing the same as you trying to flip between line and game which meant no other app was trying to run ontop of MCoC so i am not sure why it is doing it but it definitely does it and it happens on my iPhone 6+, my iPad Air, and my iPhone 8, wifi or data same result. i was surprised when you said galaxy can still run it in background for a long time
    edited July 2018
    imaginejim wrote: »
    IPhone 6s? I think this is a handset issue. Yes, even my 8s "sometimes" does this but you can't fault a company for not fully supporting older and outdated handsets.

You could be right but that doesn’t mean that the multitasking app with mcoc shouldn’t work. So yeah I fault kabam for doing something that trigger the game to reload every time while other apps doesn’t