1% HEALTH BUG

As already reported by many players and youtubers, the 1% health bug is in the Contest.

You hit with a special that would K.O. the opponent and he stares at you with his remaining 1% health instead of going down till you add an extra hit. Usually it has just a few hps left (100-300).
This can be quite tricky sometimes, with bosses or buffed nodes, since you would assume the fight is over, instead the AI can still react and hit you back.
@Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf it's happening quite often and randomly, since a couple of weeks or so. Just happened 2 times in a row in the arena and once vs the AQ mini.
«1

Comments

  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 571
    This happened to me too earlier in versus. Opponent was <5% hp, I hit a SP1 with sparky and he remained at 1% hp. Needed one extra hit to put him down.
    Will try to make a video later. Maybe I'll be able to record and reproduce it ..
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 307
    Interesting. It happened to me twice with Sparky!
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 571
    Tried again a few duels, ending with a killing blow from Sparky.
    This happened 2/2 times against Gwenpool. Other targets were Crossbones and Archangel
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 307
    @dparm thank you mate, I searched and could not find those threads. Hope a mod will merge this.
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 307
    ...And just happened to me again, Dorm SP3 vs Thor in the Arena...1%.
    Will try record a video asap.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,080
    Sometimes I think it's probably intentional at this point just fought in aq against a rocket racon and was whipping his *** and I thought his death was ensured.

    He endured it for extra time launched a special
    2 at me which almost instantly killing me because my block dropped do to fishy circumstances and did a lot of damage to me all the while my incinerate was burning him to death and was still ongoing.

    However unlike me I wasn't able to endure it for extra time because his debuffs killed me all the while he's below 1% health and he ended up with a mere 36 health what a bunch of bs the incinerate should have killed him before thst it's been happening a lot recently too much for my liking.


  • hope4tghope4tg Posts: 118
    edited July 2018
    It's a bias. All the percentages are equally probable to land on. You might see a 2%, 5% and sometimes a 1%. Just the fact that you thought your SP attack would be enough damage to end the fight doesn't mean your SP will actually hit for that much. It hits for whatever number it hits for, nothing more nothing less.

    Compare the cases you get 1% left after a SP attack to the number of times you end the fight with a SP attack. The odds are that the number of times your SP ends the fight is much much much higher then the number of times the enemy health is left at 1%. It is just that you are selectively paying more attention to times when it is left at 1%.

    Negativity bias is a well documented psychological phenomenon and this is a prime example of such a case.

    Also, @IcsGrec please read how a duped Gwenpool works :)
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 221
    hope4tg wrote: »
    It's a bias. All the percentages are equally probable to land on. You might see a 2%, 5% and sometimes a 1%. Just the fact that you thought your SP attack would be enough damage to end the fight doesn't mean your SP will actually hit for that much. It hits for whatever number it hits for, nothing more nothing less.

    Compare the cases you get 1% left after a SP attack to the number of times you end the fight with a SP attack. The odds are that the number of times your SP ends the fight is much much much higher then the number of times the enemy health is left at 1%. It is just that you are selectively paying more attention to times when it is left at 1%.

    Negativity bias is a well documented psychological phenomenon and this is a prime example of such a case.

    Also, @IcsGrec please read how a duped Gwenpool works :)

    exactly. There's no data kept on it either, so it also is likely their brain emphasizing when 1% occurs, but not how often when 2 to 15 % occurs.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,080
    hope4tg wrote: »
    It's a bias. All the percentages are equally probable to land on. You might see a 2%, 5% and sometimes a 1%. Just the fact that you thought your SP attack would be enough damage to end the fight doesn't mean your SP will actually hit for that much. It hits for whatever number it hits for, nothing more nothing less.

    Compare the cases you get 1% left after a SP attack to the number of times you end the fight with a SP attack. The odds are that the number of times your SP ends the fight is much much much higher then the number of times the enemy health is left at 1%. It is just that you are selectively paying more attention to times when it is left at 1%.

    Negativity bias is a well documented psychological phenomenon and this is a prime example of such a case.

    Also, @IcsGrec please read how a duped Gwenpool works :)

    It's not just the specials though, the debuff as well while they're still ongoing that means the ai can theoretically ignore your debuffs endure it and launch special at you when they are dieing and end up with 1-50 health when the debuffs tick should have killed them but they pretend that it doesn't exist.

    I lost count of how many times enimies with less than 1% and below a hundred health killed me or hurt me as debuffs were chewing them up or when my specials failed to kill them and we ended paying the price.

    Get what you're saying but a lot of times we can figure out how much damage a special does roughly do to the percentage of damage done usually which can varry for the most part due to a number of factors and if you know how much it roughfly takes to kill them and they suruve it could be do to any number of factors but usually it's something fishy that kabam concocted.
  • hope4tghope4tg Posts: 118
    These 1% health "bug" guys are like flat earthers. They say something controversial but then provide no proof and dismiss any counter arguement by "danng kabammm screwing with the game again! Tin foil hats on everybody!!1!!"
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 62
    hope4tg wrote: »
    These 1% health "bug" guys are like flat earthers. They say something controversial but then provide no proof and dismiss any counter arguement by "danng kabammm screwing with the game again! Tin foil hats on everybody!!1!!"

    The best way is to record the fight and check (if possible) the damage taken from the enemy. I mean: if my void for example with One medium deals 1000 damage, we should expect the same damage always
  • hope4tghope4tg Posts: 118
    MostWanted wrote: »
    The best way is to record the fight and check (if possible) the damage taken from the enemy. I mean: if my void for example with One medium deals 1000 damage, we should expect the same damage always

    I agree with you. If this bug is true, your regular medium damage should deal less damage when you get closer to 0% health on the enemy. However that number will be consistent throughout a given fight but not for a given champion as there are a lot of factors that decide how much damage you will to an enemy during a fight such as enemy block rating, your attack rating, your block penetration, enemy energy damage block etc + any other node/random effect/character ability you might have on that like random damage gain of domino, random armor/block proficiency gain from nodes etc

    Throughout the 3 years I have played this game, I have never came across an inconsistency where my a medium attack, for example, dealt less damage when the enemy was closer to 0% health. There is no documented case of it either.

    To the people who still believe that this bug exists, please, stop with this nonsense and lets focus on more important things that are flawed in the game.
  • hope4tghope4tg Posts: 118
    Get what you're saying but a lot of times we can figure out how much damage a special does roughly do to the percentage of damage done usually which can varry for the most part due to a number of factors and if you know how much it roughfly takes to kill them and they suruve it could be do to any number of factors but usually it's something fishy that kabam concocted.

    See here is the problem. Your rough calculation is generally true. Lets say you are able to guess the damage of that attack (percentage wise) with an accuracy of ~+-3%. Assuming this is the case, you will sometimes overshoot the enemy health, leaving them at -1%. And sometimes you will probably miscalculate it and end up with 1%. It is annoying but enemies have a 100% health, not 99. You have to remove every single hit point to win the fight and sometimes you will hit 5.1k special when the enemy has 5k left and sometimes you will hit 4.9k special when the enemy has 5k left since the damage your champion deals is very very VERY dependant on things that change from fight to fight.

  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,080
    hope4tg wrote: »
    Get what you're saying but a lot of times we can figure out how much damage a special does roughly do to the percentage of damage done usually which can varry for the most part due to a number of factors and if you know how much it roughfly takes to kill them and they suruve it could be do to any number of factors but usually it's something fishy that kabam concocted.

    See here is the problem. Your rough calculation is generally true. Lets say you are able to guess the damage of that attack (percentage wise) with an accuracy of ~+-3%. Assuming this is the case, you will sometimes overshoot the enemy health, leaving them at -1%. And sometimes you will probably miscalculate it and end up with 1%. It is annoying but enemies have a 100% health, not 99. You have to remove every single hit point to win the fight and sometimes you will hit 5.1k special when the enemy has 5k left and sometimes you will hit 4.9k special when the enemy has 5k left since the damage your champion deals is very very VERY dependant on things that change from fight to fight.

    Yeah but you have to factor in other things as well like syenrgy, masteries, how much your specials do, how much your debuffs are doing per tick etc.

    And we're not talking about hundreds or thousands of hit points, we're talking about eniemes being left a tiny bit health left or them either being left alive after we do a special or have debuffs destroying them yet right before their deaths they endure it and fire off a special which either outright kills us or does tremendous damage.

    I've seen it to many times to count, an in this case my debuffs were doing 87 damage a tick and he only had 36 health so he basically ignored the damage fire off a special and almost instantly killed my rank 5 Hyperion.

    I'm not going to go into detail about what I think about them but you have no clue what they might or might do niether of us do.

    If you look around the form you will see many of these posts, you will see many people complaining things going on with the combat side of the game and things the ai can do and we can't.

  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 307
    @Darkstar4387 100% agree with you. In the next few days I'll take some time and record all my arena fights to provide proof.
  • hope4tghope4tg Posts: 118
    edited July 2018
    @Darkstar4387 im just gonna go ahead and call total BS on that. If your DoT was doing 80 per tick and you won the fight how do you know the enemy had 36 health when they "ignored your debuffs"? If you let your guard down when the emeny has 1% health, enemy can and will hit you and it is your fault that you allow it. What do you want the game to do? Just automatically give you the fight because you were close to winning by 1%? Even if the enemy has 5 hp you have to hit them to finish the fight, and if you don't they can hit you back.

    Also no, this does not occur often. If you think it does, you are wrong. Its selective/nagetivity bias. You are more likely to remember and count the negative experiences compared to neutral ones (like the 99% of the fights you win without 1% health left behind). This coupled with the fact that everyone who had this occur to them comed here and writes a thread about it makes you more lenient to believe that this "bug" is real and happening to everyone while actually it is still a ridiculously small percentage of fights where thid happens.



  • Ravenrob_33Ravenrob_33 Posts: 109
    Hope4tp I have read all your posts on this topic and I see that you have insulted a lot of people but have word it so not to look like you are I have seen this happen a lot of late and it is a real pain when this does happen and if course you remember when it hit you because you will always think wtf how did he survive that and by the way a lot if the time we don't drop our guard but it gets dropped yet a another long term bug
  • hope4tghope4tg Posts: 118
    @Ravenrob_33 please try to use punctuation next time.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 1,056
    Check the other threads, there’s something fishy going on when punches are taking off 2-3% but then they hit 1% and take 2 more hits to finish, kabam have acknowledged a lot of people reporting it and that they are looking into it, funny how people decide it’s not a big cos they haven’t seen it, with this game you never know, bugs can literally be account specific, i think the bug does exist, don’t think it’s intentional just something silly, if we could post video I would record but I do everything on my phone and cannot be bothered learning how to imbed video and starting a YouTube account just to prove a point that I honestly don’t care whether other people believe it, I’ve adjusted my gameplay in case it does exist, I don’t pull specials and expect them to die, I play as if they might not and it’s not that big a deal
  • We are all tired of this bug pls fix it
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,080
    edited July 2018
    hope4tg wrote: »
    @Darkstar4387 im just gonna go ahead and call total BS on that. If your DoT was doing 80 per tick and you won the fight how do you know the enemy had 36 health when they "ignored your debuffs"? If you let your guard down when the emeny has 1% health, enemy can and will hit you and it is your fault that you allow it. What do you want the game to do? Just automatically give you the fight because you were close to winning by 1%? Even if the enemy has 5 hp you have to hit them to finish the fight, and if you don't they can hit you back.

    Also no, this does not occur often. If you think it does, you are wrong. Its selective/nagetivity bias. You are more likely to remember and count the negative experiences compared to neutral ones (like the 99% of the fights you win without 1% health left behind). This coupled with the fact that everyone who had this occur to them comed here and writes a thread about it makes you more lenient to believe that this "bug" is real and happening to everyone while actually it is still a ridiculously small percentage of fights where thid happens.



    You can call bs all you want Hyperion was using stacks of incinerate on him, and it happened like I said regardless of what you think.

    No **** but the incinerate was still on going and didn't expire yet, I hit the special button nothing happened then something odd happend and wouldn't block, then he threw his special at me it hit me an instantly killed me saving him as it ignored the incnrate stacks leaving him with 36 health still burning.

    It's been happening more often than you seem to think just because it might not have happened to as much others see it all the time in every mode and have said so here and others places all the time, this is not the only thread about this and there's been tons of these posts in the bugs section especially lately.

    Trust me you have no idea just how bad this game can get and the things they will and won't do when it comes to ......

    I have a question have you ever seen Dr strange using Deadpool's thrid special, or an Ms marvel kamal Khan fly up into the air stand above you and fight the rest of the way like that, or how about missing hits or have you champion stop attacking in the middle of a combo or have a block just suddenly stop or special just misfire or not fire or sail past the enemy in a multi hit one, or what about your the ai fighting or moving by themselves in aq and aw.

    Others and I have and we have images of some of these things and we have uploaded them and videos of some of them.

    It's fact that this game has a lot of bugs and issues have been going on some of which have been going for quite a while now, some as far back as last year .

    This is just going to go in circles I think, you don't think it can happen fine you haven't had it happen to much fine not everyone is going to experience the same things, or have the same bugs and issues as others since some are device depandant and they still exist whether you think they can or not.

    Besides Kabams spoke on them being left with 1% or less health and able to fire off specials as they are dieing but haven't done anything about it.

  • PennmabobPennmabob Posts: 572
    Yeah I was fighting a weak corvus with quake. He's below 50% health and I have 13 aftershocks on him, so, considering his level, he should die. Instead he's left at 1% health. So I go in for another attack and it does 0 damage. I'm not sure if I'm being ignorant and this is part of corvus' abilities. But it's strange.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 826
    Pennmabob wrote: »
    Yeah I was fighting a weak corvus with quake. He's below 50% health and I have 13 aftershocks on him, so, considering his level, he should die. Instead he's left at 1% health. So I go in for another attack and it does 0 damage. I'm not sure if I'm being ignorant and this is part of corvus' abilities. But it's strange.

    Yeah, um if Corvus is awakened then he doesn't actually die until he runs out of glaive charges, and that only happens if you hit him enough times or hit with a special

    So yeah, you were ignorant but hey, it happens to everyone
«1
This discussion has been closed.