Why is Korg Skill ?

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Member Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Yeah they released an official video with all 3 champs and classes. It’s not just Trucos.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,302 Guardian
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    “Hi Korg here, I’m just a rock monster and don’t have any magic hammers. But don’t let that discourage you from getting me I can still tussle in the ring quite fine”

Plus we need more skill champs that are worth r3+

Yes this too. There’s been an influx of cosmic champs lately and maybe they don’t want to go overboard. What skill champs are worth R3+ other than Blade, GP, Killmonger, Hawkeye, and maybe Taskmaster? I love the skill class but they are a bit lacking.

Skill does have some duds, but I would put Crossbones, Elektra, and maybe Kingpin and Thor Rag as being worth at least rank 3/45.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★
    Yeah they released an official video with all 3 champs and classes. It’s not just Trucos.

Ok. Good to know.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    “Hi Korg here, I’m just a rock monster and don’t have any magic hammers. But don’t let that discourage you from getting me I can still tussle in the ring quite fine”

Yes this too. There’s been an influx of cosmic champs lately and maybe they don’t want to go overboard. What skill champs are worth R3+ other than Blade, GP, Killmonger, Hawkeye, and maybe Taskmaster? I love the skill class but they are a bit lacking.

Skill does have some duds, but I would put Crossbones, Elektra, and maybe Kingpin and Thor Rag as being worth at least rank 3/45.

Yeah, maybe. CB was good once first released but he’s outclassed now. He does fill a nice role of no crits so he makes a good counter to SW and spike shield but eh. He’s kinda stale now. Elektra I would agree is worthy. She still holds her own very well. I’ve never been a fan of Kingpin and I’ve never heard of anyone using him as anything other than a diversity defender. But both DDs, Moon Knight, both Black Panthers, Falcon, Punisher, and Winter Soldier are all a bit underwhelming. Karnak and AV are decent and are for the most part worthy of ranking. I’ve heard Thor (Rag) damage output is very low unless synergized with Hulk.

My argument has simply been that the proportion of good+ champs in mystic are probably better than any other class. 16/17 is still better than 15/28 for example. IF is really the only mystic I despise immensely and when I pulled him from a 5* featured crystal and wasted 5k shards I wanted to break my phone. Even Loki and Jane are good champs despite what others say.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Member Posts: 432 ★★
    Don’t get your hopes up if a character is cool doesn’t mean they are gonna be great in this game, just look at Carnage
    Don’t get your hopes up if a character is cool doesn’t mean they are gonna be great in this game, just look at Carnage

Their abilities have been circulated. Heimdall looks incredible. Korg looks interesting. Red Skull looks meh.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Member Posts: 3,245 ★★★★★

Their abilities have been circulated. Heimdall looks incredible. Korg looks interesting. Red Skull looks meh.

Where at?
  • RiegelRiegel Member Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    As long as scissors are science, and paper is mutant I'm good.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★

I’m tentatively saying heimdall has god tier potential. A much easier to control than Killmonger’s permanent true strike. Will be perfect for all autoblock champs and for pretty much every evade one (may have trouble keeping it against spideys’s special 1 since it is removed when you get hit)
  • RiegelRiegel Member Posts: 1,088 ★★★★

I’m tentatively saying heimdall has god tier potential. A much easier to control than Killmonger’s permanent true strike. Will be perfect for all autoblock champs and for pretty much every evade one (may have trouble keeping it against spideys’s special 1 since it is removed when you get hit)

I agree, but will come down to values on his abilities.
    Riegel wrote: »

Of course, I don’t want to say he will be, but his permanent true strike is an incredibly good start. Unless they info is wrong, or his damage/health/block proficiency is awful then I think he may well be Killmonger and Angela’s child

Where at?

I’m guessing you can find them on Reddit. I’m not allowed to post tentative info here that hasn’t been confirmed. Or if you want to add me on line Viper198787 I can share what has been circulating.
    Riegel wrote: »

Of course, I don’t want to say he will be, but his permanent true strike is an incredibly good start. Unless they info is wrong, or his damage/health/block proficiency is awful then I think he may well be Killmonger and Angela’s child

Yes that true strike will make him better than Killmonger. If it sticks and it’s a confirmed ability. I must have Heimdall.
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    I almost made that argument about Drax, but I didn't since the original Drax the Destroyer DID have cosmic powers. I don't know exactly how he got retconned into his current form and the movies don't talk much about his race's inherent physical abilities.

So timely that you mentioned this. I was just reading The Invincible Iron Man issue number 55, and I saw this and got confused. ;)

g5s9akc94h6w.jpg

• muddy17muddy17 Member Posts: 229
    Why would he not be skill... kinda limited thinking only trained humans are skilled... from whatever planet he's from.hes a skilled rock guy... so skill seems about right.. just because u from space don't mean ur a cosmic... look at mean grey she's a mutant.. but labeled as a cosmic...
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Member Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★

Could someone send the link to this video? I can't find it
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Member Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Korg should be cosmic but then again so should Loki, thor shouldn't be a skill and Green Goblin should have been science. These are a few examples. They don't care about getting it right. But geez he's an alien it just seemed like a no brainer. I just hope he isn't the typical pillow hands tank that the Devs love.

Green Goblin, in my opinion at least, is slightly more tech than science, his glider and bombs (main sources of damage) are tech, the only thing "science" about him is the serum

Korg kinda makes sense in a way to be skill as he is mostly a fighter in the arena, Thor Rag too in a way. And if you read Thor's bio, I THINK they took him from the comics since it says he lost his powers
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Member Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    TKal wrote: »
    I'm still calling Red Skull to be Science and Heimdall to be Cosmic. Stay tuned to see if I'm right. ;)
    (Really doesn't matter to me, I just like guessing)

Red skull has already been revealed tech

Technically, nothing has been revealed yet. Tech would be interesting though.

Technically it has. 1nhpvrzae0t6.png

Yeah but screen shots can easily be altered.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Member Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I'm still calling Red Skull to be Science and Heimdall to be Cosmic. Stay tuned to see if I'm right. ;)

its a video that, as far as i know, was released by kabam.

How about videos?

https://youtu.be/4hFBSvXTiw8
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    Was hoping somehow RedSkull would be Mystic. Mystic is a dying class now.

If anything Heimdall would’ve been mystic. Red Skull seems either science or skill. But how can you say mystic is a dying class? It still has some of the strongest champs in the game.

I say it because they haven't released a new mystic champ since last year. the last one was Mephisto/Morningstar. they may have strong champs, but BLADE IS WRECKING ALL OF THEM
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Member Posts: 1,324 ★★★

Took my Rags to R5. Definitely worth it.

That is not good advice. PSA for anyone reading and didn't know.

I think he means 4*
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★

I think he means 4*

I meant the 4*, but I had the feeling the implication was that he's not good. He actually is if used correctly. Good for Defense as well.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Member Posts: 1,324 ★★★

I think he means 4*

I meant the 4*, but I had the feeling the implication was that he's not good. He actually is if used correctly. Good for Defense as well.

They were saying it was not a good choice because they thought you meant 5/65 Thor rags