**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hydra Adaptoid Counters: Definitive list

2»

Comments

• Options
    JayCeeJayCee Posts: 732 ★★
    Taskmaster is a good option. A perfectly timed exploit weakness hit could be the difference between winning and losing.
  • Options
    ThreedeadkingsThreedeadkings Posts: 97
    Both Visions worked too. You can either spam sp1 to control power gains or sp2 for heal block. Not entirely efficient, damage wise.
  • Options
    ZaosaflerZaosafler Posts: 65
    I was bored this afternoon and fully explored this.

I beat him once with Hawkeye by spamming sp1.
    And once with Green Goblin with SP1 knocking him back. Once he was down to 40% I used an Sp2 and a combo to finish it.
    And an unduped Luke Cage.
    Once with an unduped Medusa.
    And one screw up battle where I had to combo GR, GG, and Medusa.

Let's not talk about my discovery of Adaptoid last week and not reading his buffs before attacking :D:D:D
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Both Visions worked too. You can either spam sp1 to control power gains or sp2 for heal block. Not entirely efficient, damage wise.

The lack of damage was why I didn’t include them. Also the fact that since Classic vision is the better option and he’s locked behind $500, ya know ;)
  • Options
    Zaosafler wrote: »
    I was bored this afternoon and fully explored this.

I beat him once with Hawkeye by spamming sp1.
    And once with Green Goblin with SP1 knocking him back. Once he was down to 40% I used an Sp2 and a combo to finish it.
    And an unduped Luke Cage.
    Once with an unduped Medusa.
    And one screw up battle where I had to combo GR, GG, and Medusa.

Let's not talk about my discovery of Adaptoid last week and not reading his buffs before attacking :D:D:D

How efficient would you actually say these options are though? I bet that Hawkeye was one long fight, would you choose him, or rather have an option like medusa, hood, ghost rider? That’s kinda why I didn’t include him, my post wasn’t a “list of champs who can beat” because every champ in the game CAN beat the adaptoid at high enough rank. It’s a post of the perhaps better ways of beating him.
  • Options
    ThreedeadkingsThreedeadkings Posts: 97

The lack of damage was why I didn’t include them. Also the fact that since Classic vision is the better option and he’s locked behind $500, ya know ;)

Lmao. I used only a 3* and a 4*.
    $500 is waay too rich for a digital pixel to me.
    Strangely,Vision AOU was a little more consistent for me since I spam sp1 only. At least I get to string 100+ combos by just spamming sp1. But as you rightly pointed out, the damage output Is not desirable .

I have mixed results using Vision OG (4*). maybe it is due to my gameplay. I did a lot of waiting out for synthesis. Just couldn’t get the rhythm at the end.
  • Options

Lmao. I used only a 3* and a 4*.
    $500 is waay too rich for a digital pixel to me.
    Strangely,Vision AOU was a little more consistent for me since I spam sp1 only. At least I get to string 100+ combos by just spamming sp1. But as you rightly pointed out, the damage output Is not desirable .

I have mixed results using Vision OG (4*). maybe it is due to my gameplay. I did a lot of waiting out for synthesis. Just couldn’t get the rhythm at the end.

Fair enough, I’ll leave the preference up to you since I haven’t tested either and I’ll take your word for it! Problem with vision AoU is also that he’s not available as a 5*, meaning the 4* has a tough challenger rating difference to deal with. Maybe he could do master, but likely not uncollected, meaning he’s not a great option for it.
  • Options
    RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    i think sw could be a decent choice as well. if only she wasnt locked as a 4*...
    special 3 can nullify all buffs, and high sig lvl youre looking at massive damage on sp2 (with fury and cruelty stacks), power control, stun and regen if RNG is on your side.
    shes made of paper, so death to chip damage is the main issue in UC...
    but still, shes a solid choice.
  • Options
    godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    MODOK: Reverses Health and or Power Gain with SP1. Forcefield allows you to use it outside of combos with little fear of retaliation. When awakened MODOK can gain power from blocking Tech Champions which helps keep up SP1.

I did consider Modok and while I guess he would work. My issue is his very low block proficiency, and also the fact that his sp1 only reverses healing and power gain for the duration of the attack. So maybe 1 or 2 seconds, unfortunately not enough to reverse Vigor completely.
    3 second reversal. I managed to one shot Arnim Zola with my 5-star MODOK.

If you have a video of him one-shotting the adaptoid I’d be very interested to see it! I just don’t think the l1 3 seconds of heal reduction is enough to cancel out the huge amount of health that Vigor recovers.

Modok hits quite hard ... i know people have just put him on defence and forgotten about him but he has above average damage on top of heal reversal

I agree, I love my 4* modok. I’m just not sure he’s a great choice for the adaptoid. If I saw some gameplay maybe I’d change my mind.

my 4/40 awakened was good for heroic with his incinerate and sp1 but I'm not sure about higher levels.
  • Options
    Rafikii wrote: »
    i think sw could be a decent choice as well. if only she wasnt locked as a 4*...
    special 3 can nullify all buffs, and high sig lvl youre looking at massive damage on sp2 (with fury and cruelty stacks), power control, stun and regen if RNG is on your side.

In Master, sure. In uncollected I just feel you’re leaving too much up to chance. I’m not a huge fan of leaving everything to RNG, but I’m confident witch CAN do it, but whether she could do it consistently. Another factor is that if you have MD it would actually work against you here.

How many times when playing witch have you been ready to use an L2 and then nullified a buff, throwing you into her weak sp3? That would happen pretty much every time with how many buffs the adaptoid has. I just didn’t think witch was the most efficient way of doing it. But of course, like every champ in the game, she is an option.
  • Options
    RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    Rafikii wrote: »

In Master, sure. In uncollected I just feel you’re leaving too much up to chance. I’m not a huge fan of leaving everything to RNG, but I’m confident witch CAN do it, but whether she could do it consistently. Another factor is that if you have MD it would actually work against you here.

How many times when playing witch have you been ready to use an L2 and then nullified a buff, throwing you into her weak sp3? That would happen pretty much every time with how many buffs the adaptoid has. I just didn’t think witch was the most efficient way of doing it. But of course, like every champ in the game, she is an option.

i agree 100%.
    its funny, nothing erks me more than trying to finish a combo to end with sp2 and she power steals and i end up using sp3 haha

definitely wanted to know your opinion on her though with how much she had going for her. again, i think being stuck as a 4 star is a big issue. i think as a 5 star at r4 she would be a solid champ against him.
  • Options
    Minkl3Minkl3 Posts: 129
    OG Thor.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★
    Nice post, @BitterSteel.

It's interesting Ronan is really the only non-mystic who can take advantage of buff-heavy champs. You'd think there might be some other champs who could do it; but there aren't, really.

I agree with you and @Viper1987 that Awakened Yondu would be a solid choice - lots of Armour Break, Heal Block and a decent Weakness effect to protect against Specials. Pair him with Beast or NC for extra block penetration.

A team could easily make Captain America Infinity War could make him very effective (even more effective than Red Cyclops!); as with Tech and Cosmic Sig-synergies he could inflict regular armour break and petrify debuffs on blocks; he can neutralise Unstoppable, and he can do some serious damage with his SP2; definitely bypassing that final 25%.
  • Options
    @My_Superior nice work that was a sick fight. I guess modok is another one to add to the list that can beat Hydra adaptoid!