**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Story Quest Act 4 annoyingly big size of map

AdiMukh555AdiMukh555 Posts: 756 ★★★
Anyone else got frustrated with the annoyingly big size of the map in Act 4 and onwards?
I think Kabam should decrease the map size a bit to make them a bit energy efficient. To keep the difficulty maintained, they can introduce more character nodes (requiring a specific champion to explore that path further) or increase the opponents/ ratings and skills of the opponents.
What're your opinions?

Comments

• Lightingrod7Lightingrod7 Posts: 166 ★★
    Yeah the map is pretty big
  • BrandonmballouBrandonmballou Posts: 219
    Sorry bud if that happens I expect never expiring energy refills til this game goes under
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I do not think they will change the map size. Although they did at a time decrease the energy by 1, so it was 2 energy a tile for a limited time. I remember it took a big part of my summer to explore even with 2 energy a tile, but I’m glad I did it. That was with refills. But yes I do think it’s too big and costs too much energy.
  • AdiMukh555AdiMukh555 Posts: 756 ★★★
    Sorry bud if that happens I expect never expiring energy refills til this game goes under

@Brandonmballou didn't quite understand what you're trying to say
    Savio444 wrote: »
    I do not think they will change the map size. Although they did at a time decrease the energy by 1, so it was 2 energy a tile for a limited time. I remember it took a big part of my summer to explore even with 2 energy a tile, but I’m glad I did it. That was with refills. But yes I do think it’s too big and costs too much energy.

exactly @Savio444 I'm at my wits end, it took me an entire day to just do act 4 chap 1 the first 3 quest once
  • BrandonmballouBrandonmballou Posts: 219
    For the people that have already explored act 4 what are you gonna give them we did it now it's your turn
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,754 ★★★★★
    I did Act 4 when the energy cost was decreased by 1, happy to be a beneficiary of this change.
    For the people that have already explored act 4 what are you gonna give them we did it now it's your turn

Did you have perfect block at that time and pre v12?

• Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    AdiMukh555 wrote: »

exactly @Savio444 I'm at my wits end, it took me an entire day to just do act 4 chap 1 the first 3 quest once

I know how you feel, just hope they decrease the energy costs. I guess those new perk milestones are pretty helpful giving out full energy refills and units. Would have been helpful if they came sooner. At least they made act 5 smaller but obviously more difficult.

I know how you feel, just hope they decrease the energy costs. I guess those new perk milestones are pretty helpful giving out full energy refills and units. Would have been helpful if they came sooner. At least they made act 5 smaller but obviously more difficult.

yeah, it'd be awesome if they reduce the energy requirement for act 4 too, with the overheating issue and all, it's too tough to cope with that big a map.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,160 ★★★★★
    winterthur wrote: »

No Not for me but mabye for him.
  • Ethans8279Ethans8279 Posts: 129

yeah, it'd be awesome if they reduce the energy requirement for act 4 too, with the overheating issue and all, it's too tough to cope with that big a map.

Unless overheating issue is permanent , don't think they would reduce the energy cost.
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★

That doesn't really have anything to do with energy cost
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    Yeah, and decreasing the size of the map for those that have already completed it seems fair, how?
    Ethans8279 wrote: »

Unless overheating issue is permanent , don't think they would reduce the energy cost.

true @Ethans8279 still would be nice if they consider reducing it
    imaginejim wrote: »
    Yeah, and decreasing the size of the map for those that have already completed it seems fair, how?

@imaginejim either the size or the energy requirement, I agree it wouldn't be fair to the guys who spend time to do it but it'd be fair to the ppl who are gonna do it now, with all thr nee content being introduced and all of that wbich also requires energy
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    Well, you could always take whatever champs you have and do the questing in act 4 and when everyone is dead then go to arena and farm for units without quitting the quest. When you have enough units for team revives (cost 100 units) then head black to the quest and continue. Repeat and rinse and you eventually notice the difference
    I agree it wouldn't be fair to the guys who spend time to do it but it'd be fair to the ppl who are gonna do it now, with all thr nee content being introduced and all of that wbich also requires energy

A pity that the old forum is now lost, otherwise it will be interesting to find out how it was at that time. I don't know whether monthly quest was already implemented.

I joined sometime in July 2016 and recall the big nerf going on.

• NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★

I've done it and still think the map needs to be shortened or energy cost decreased.
  • Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    You gonna love act 5 mate ;)
  • ThreedeadkingsThreedeadkings Posts: 97
    edited August 2018

We never had the luxury of using 5* R4s. And I surely didn’t even have more 2 4* 5/50s when attempting Act 4. Plus, we had a very [removed from moderation] Jugg. Now it’s very subdued.
    Post edited by Kabam Porkchop on
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    I get Act 4... the energy cost should be toned down in my opinion. But Act 5? I know its a big grind, but have you seen the Exploration Rewards? Its 100% worth the energy spent no doubt.

Also shorter overall paths.
    In act 5 I didn’t find any paths requiring a full refill while going through it. As opposed to several paths in act 4 having a need for 120+ energy. That is just absurdly long. Do away with unnecessary link points in those but keep the number of champs as is.
    Path will still be hard, just require less energy.
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    It's absolutely exhausting.

This is why (combined with other events), I've put Act 5 on the backburner. Act 4's energy is worse, but Act 5 is still pretty bad.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    ZzyzxGuy wrote: »
    It's absolutely exhausting.

This is why (combined with other events), I've put Act 5 on the backburner. Act 4's energy is worse, but Act 5 is still pretty bad.

I finished Act 5 only a few weeks ago. You’re right, it is still pretty bad. But so much better still than act 4 was.
    I have made a third account, when the 2* arena was out. Was fun to have a 5* at a really low level. Now I’m facing act 4 on it. The account is now mostly dormant, since I can’t put myself to doing it three times. I did 100% it on my second account. Which took about a year of on and off playing.

Act 4 isn’t fun, aside from the Maestro fight. The rest of it is just tediously mind numbing boring.
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    Act 4 is not supposed to be fast. The rewards are very good.
    Besides, what happens with the ones that have already completed it?
    edited August 2018
    You gonna love act 5 mate ;)

lol @Crazyjack719
    I get Act 4... the energy cost should be toned down in my opinion. But Act 5? I know its a big grind, but have you seen the Exploration Rewards? Its 100% worth the energy spent no doubt.

true @RandomizerRuns_4 , i want for act 4, act 5 map has already been reduced once
    Bapoi wrote: »

Also shorter overall paths.
    In act 5 I didn’t find any paths requiring a full refill while going through it. As opposed to several paths in act 4 having a need for 120+ energy. That is just absurdly long. Do away with unnecessary link points in those but keep the number of champs as is.
    Path will still be hard, just require less energy.

exactly @Bapoi