**RESOLVED ISSUE WITH SIDE QUEST KEYS**
The game team has resolved this issue. Keys will be distributed via in-game messages and the quest timer will be extended.
More information and timeline here.
*This includes currently unclaimable keys as well*
**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

The Problem With Compensation and It's Solution

2

Comments

  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,357 ★★★★★
    Witth many customer service problems, the goal isn’t to make up just for what wasn’t delivered. That’s usually because there’s a value placed on the provider-customer relationship. Part of that is in recognition of the fact that there is an inconvenience factor involved for the customer when a service is faulty and part of that is because the provider doesn’t want to lose the customer to another provider.

    I continue to be as mystified at people who don’t see it in this light as I am at the slowness in arriving at an appropriate restitution.

    Dr. Zola
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,097 ★★★★★
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    A couple issues with that for me is, a) the fact that Compensation is meant to attone for the effect of the issue and not necessarily to go above and beyond, and b) Resources have to be balanced overall which means throwing them into the game has effects.

    If that is true some players would get new phones, or getting reimbursed for whatever cost they have to incur to fixed them.

    Resources are never balanced, the july 4th deal is a prime example.

    Everything is balanced.
    As for devices, that's not really within the realm of what we're discussing. For that matter, if someone pushes their device after noticing it overheating from the game, it's my opinion that the onus is on them. Barring cases where people never realized.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,357 ★★★★★
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    A couple issues with that for me is, a) the fact that Compensation is meant to attone for the effect of the issue and not necessarily to go above and beyond, and b) Resources have to be balanced overall which means throwing them into the game has effects.

    If that is true some players would get new phones, or getting reimbursed for whatever cost they have to incur to fixed them.

    Resources are never balanced, the july 4th deal is a prime example.

    Everything is balanced.
    As for devices, that's not really within the realm of what we're discussing. For that matter, if someone pushes their device after noticing it overheating from the game, it's my opinion that the onus is on them. Barring cases where people never realized.

    That would normally be the case if there had been a warning message in-game. But unless I missed it, there wasn’t one. In fact, even if you hit the forums during the onset of the issues, you’d probably be left with the notion that iOS was the problem.

    Dr. Zola
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,097 ★★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    A couple issues with that for me is, a) the fact that Compensation is meant to attone for the effect of the issue and not necessarily to go above and beyond, and b) Resources have to be balanced overall which means throwing them into the game has effects.

    If that is true some players would get new phones, or getting reimbursed for whatever cost they have to incur to fixed them.

    Resources are never balanced, the july 4th deal is a prime example.

    Everything is balanced.
    As for devices, that's not really within the realm of what we're discussing. For that matter, if someone pushes their device after noticing it overheating from the game, it's my opinion that the onus is on them. Barring cases where people never realized.

    That would normally be the case if there had been a warning message in-game. But unless I missed it, there wasn’t one. In fact, even if you hit the forums during the onset of the issues, you’d probably be left with the notion that iOS was the problem.

    Dr. Zola

    That's not true at all. The Forum was filled with Threads and comments on the issue.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,357 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    DrZola wrote: »
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    A couple issues with that for me is, a) the fact that Compensation is meant to attone for the effect of the issue and not necessarily to go above and beyond, and b) Resources have to be balanced overall which means throwing them into the game has effects.

    If that is true some players would get new phones, or getting reimbursed for whatever cost they have to incur to fixed them.

    Resources are never balanced, the july 4th deal is a prime example.

    Everything is balanced.
    As for devices, that's not really within the realm of what we're discussing. For that matter, if someone pushes their device after noticing it overheating from the game, it's my opinion that the onus is on them. Barring cases where people never realized.

    That would normally be the case if there had been a warning message in-game. But unless I missed it, there wasn’t one. In fact, even if you hit the forums during the onset of the issues, you’d probably be left with the notion that iOS was the problem.

    Dr. Zola

    That's not true at all. The Forum was filled with Threads and comments on the issue.

    I seem to have a different recollection. I dont have the posts handy, but the initial response suggested that iOS was a culprit.

    Dr. Zola
  • TheReverendTheReverend Posts: 126
    edited August 2018
    Yeah giving anyone that is not Uncollected the same compensation as someone that has cleared Everything is absurd!

    I think the amount of permanent content you have cleared should be a huge factor in the compensation you are given!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,097 ★★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    A couple issues with that for me is, a) the fact that Compensation is meant to attone for the effect of the issue and not necessarily to go above and beyond, and b) Resources have to be balanced overall which means throwing them into the game has effects.

    If that is true some players would get new phones, or getting reimbursed for whatever cost they have to incur to fixed them.

    Resources are never balanced, the july 4th deal is a prime example.

    Everything is balanced.
    As for devices, that's not really within the realm of what we're discussing. For that matter, if someone pushes their device after noticing it overheating from the game, it's my opinion that the onus is on them. Barring cases where people never realized.

    That would normally be the case if there had been a warning message in-game. But unless I missed it, there wasn’t one. In fact, even if you hit the forums during the onset of the issues, you’d probably be left with the notion that iOS was the problem.

    Dr. Zola

    That's not true at all. The Forum was filled with Threads and comments on the issue.

    I seem to have a different recollection. I dont have the posts handy, but the initial response suggested that iOS was a culprit.

    Dr. Zola
    They never implied anything of the sort. They asked for people to volunteer testing iOS 12.0 Beta. As for the issue, there were Threads dedicated to the issues, testing, and new ones opened daily. There was no shortage of information on it, unless there is another Forum I'm unaware of.
    khehmist wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    A couple issues with that for me is, a) the fact that Compensation is meant to attone for the effect of the issue and not necessarily to go above and beyond, and b) Resources have to be balanced overall which means throwing them into the game has effects.

    If that is true some players would get new phones, or getting reimbursed for whatever cost they have to incur to fixed them.

    Resources are never balanced, the july 4th deal is a prime example.

    Everything is balanced.
    As for devices, that's not really within the realm of what we're discussing. For that matter, if someone pushes their device after noticing it overheating from the game, it's my opinion that the onus is on them. Barring cases where people never realized.

    That would normally be the case if there had been a warning message in-game. But unless I missed it, there wasn’t one. In fact, even if you hit the forums during the onset of the issues, you’d probably be left with the notion that iOS was the problem.

    Dr. Zola

    That's not true at all. The Forum was filled with Threads and comments on the issue.

    Wrong again. The forum is not "in-game".

    You need an In-Game Email to investigate extreme overheating of your device?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,307 Guardian
    DrZola wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Agree with @DrZola that method of looking at someones account has many more flaws then simply looking at prestige and I suspect it is much more difficult to put into practice.

    The biggest flaw is one I don't think most people tend to think about. Simple solutions tend to be flawed because they don't fully capture the real world details of the problem, and you end up with something that kind of works but has a lot of issues. But the notion that more complicated solutions will work better has the flaw that once you open the door to implementing a solution that is composed of many individual special cases, it becomes almost impossible to stop people from claiming that any solution willing to accommodate those special cases is biased to the point of being discriminatory if it doesn't contain their own pet special case.

    In essence, sometimes it is better to be discriminatory by accident then discriminatory on purpose. There's no right answer there.

    Correct.

    But a better guiding principle (in my humble opinion) is just to be generous, especially when it’s all your fault. As I’ve said elsewhere, more Warbucks, less Scrooge.

    Dr. Zola

    I don't think it can be described as being better, because it is usually a subset of the same principle. Most "generous compensation packages" are designed to be as simple as possible, and following the general idea that it is reasonably fair if everyone gets at least as much compensation as what the reasonable worst case scenario likely warrants. You just guestimate that, and give it to everyone. It is simple, it is situationally unfair, but it generates fewer arguments.

    Escalation, of course, is the most obvious problem with having this be your only governing compensation principle.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,307 Guardian
    khehmist wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    A couple issues with that for me is, a) the fact that Compensation is meant to attone for the effect of the issue and not necessarily to go above and beyond, and b) Resources have to be balanced overall which means throwing them into the game has effects.

    If that is true some players would get new phones, or getting reimbursed for whatever cost they have to incur to fixed them.

    Resources are never balanced, the july 4th deal is a prime example.

    Everything is balanced.
    As for devices, that's not really within the realm of what we're discussing. For that matter, if someone pushes their device after noticing it overheating from the game, it's my opinion that the onus is on them. Barring cases where people never realized.

    That would normally be the case if there had been a warning message in-game. But unless I missed it, there wasn’t one. In fact, even if you hit the forums during the onset of the issues, you’d probably be left with the notion that iOS was the problem.

    Dr. Zola

    That's not true at all. The Forum was filled with Threads and comments on the issue.

    Wrong again. The forum is not "in-game".

    Zola did bring the forums into the discussion in the post GW directly responded to. But I don't think he's correct in implying that it would have been easy to know with certainty that the problem was definitely with the game and not iOS. In fact, iOS did have a performance issue that could have caused overheating around the same time the game's overheating problems became more prominent on the forums.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,357 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    62lhnn1hpjsu.jpeg

    This is the post I recall from July 6, when there was quite a stir about overheating. Which is my point: there was nothing in-game ever (not that I received), and players like me were trying to figure out what was wrong with their phones for a day or so. Venturing onto the forums, I believe this was the first official pronouncement other than asking for information on the issue (OS, model, etc.). “Worst offenders” is the phrase i couldn’t remember, and it appears to single out 11.4 as a source of the problem.

    If it wasn’t clear, I meant that it was ambiguous what caused the issue to players at the onset. So playing to the point of shutdown may have alerted players to a problem with 19.0, but it also may not have. I think that’s the point @DNA3000 makes above (and that I was making).

    Dr. Zola
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    A couple things to note. When I wrote this post I was solely going off of what Kabam Mike has said. He said that we are being compensated only for what we missed out on during these issues. My point was that if that was the case then there is no way a generic compensation package can be sent to everyone, it just doesn't satisfy the criteria that Kabam has laid for themselves.

    If this wasn't the case I completely agree with @DrZola on the fact that compensation should also take into account the inconvenience factor which it seems is not happening in this case.

    One final thing. When the overheating issue started surfacing on the forums there were no official warnings from Kabam about the issue. Whether it was the game or an issue with ios it doesn't matter, it should have been Kabam's job to warn everyone that there was an issue with how the game interacted with ios both in game and out of the game so that there something official for everyone to see. The blame for damage to devices lies on both the user and the provider. It is not fair to say that it is completely Kabam's fault for players pushing their devices past their limits. But it is also not fair to say that it is entirely the players fault for playing a game that was provided to them when there was no official warning from Kabam in game or on the forums. In my experience the blame hardly ever lies solely in one party, but is usually a combination of multiple parties in the wrong. It is our job to take the blame where it is our fault, but the same applies for Kabam. Anyways, that is my two cents worth.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,357 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    @Werewrym I appreciate the original point of your post (before the unfortunate digression) and think it is worth exploring. Trying to calibrate the right levels of relief is very difficult: too much at a lower level and you overcompensate, too little at a higher level and you add to perceptions you are a miser.

    There are usually trade-offs to make—policy decisions, really, about who to advantage or disadvantage. Relief for glitches will often not be congruent, but I believe the key should be to never be incongruent on the low side for those adversely affected.

    Dr. Zola
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,357 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Agree with @DrZola that method of looking at someones account has many more flaws then simply looking at prestige and I suspect it is much more difficult to put into practice.

    The biggest flaw is one I don't think most people tend to think about. Simple solutions tend to be flawed because they don't fully capture the real world details of the problem, and you end up with something that kind of works but has a lot of issues. But the notion that more complicated solutions will work better has the flaw that once you open the door to implementing a solution that is composed of many individual special cases, it becomes almost impossible to stop people from claiming that any solution willing to accommodate those special cases is biased to the point of being discriminatory if it doesn't contain their own pet special case.

    In essence, sometimes it is better to be discriminatory by accident then discriminatory on purpose. There's no right answer there.

    Correct.

    But a better guiding principle (in my humble opinion) is just to be generous, especially when it’s all your fault. As I’ve said elsewhere, more Warbucks, less Scrooge.

    Dr. Zola

    I don't think it can be described as being better, because it is usually a subset of the same principle. Most "generous compensation packages" are designed to be as simple as possible, and following the general idea that it is reasonably fair if everyone gets at least as much compensation as what the reasonable worst case scenario likely warrants. You just guestimate that, and give it to everyone. It is simple, it is situationally unfair, but it generates fewer arguments.

    Escalation, of course, is the most obvious problem with having this be your only governing compensation principle.

    I appreciate your point, but it is only my opinion that it’s a “better” guiding principle in this case. I suppose I weight the customer satisfaction aspect a little more here than I do the need to calibrate precisely what is appropriate, especially given the seemingly broad range of severity of problems involved. Fewer arguments about this, in fact, might be good for the forums.

    But I agree there are other valid methodologies for determining the relief. And some are arguably “better,” but all have their weaknesses.

    Dr. Zola
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,307 Guardian
    DrZola wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Agree with @DrZola that method of looking at someones account has many more flaws then simply looking at prestige and I suspect it is much more difficult to put into practice.

    The biggest flaw is one I don't think most people tend to think about. Simple solutions tend to be flawed because they don't fully capture the real world details of the problem, and you end up with something that kind of works but has a lot of issues. But the notion that more complicated solutions will work better has the flaw that once you open the door to implementing a solution that is composed of many individual special cases, it becomes almost impossible to stop people from claiming that any solution willing to accommodate those special cases is biased to the point of being discriminatory if it doesn't contain their own pet special case.

    In essence, sometimes it is better to be discriminatory by accident then discriminatory on purpose. There's no right answer there.

    Correct.

    But a better guiding principle (in my humble opinion) is just to be generous, especially when it’s all your fault. As I’ve said elsewhere, more Warbucks, less Scrooge.

    Dr. Zola

    I don't think it can be described as being better, because it is usually a subset of the same principle. Most "generous compensation packages" are designed to be as simple as possible, and following the general idea that it is reasonably fair if everyone gets at least as much compensation as what the reasonable worst case scenario likely warrants. You just guestimate that, and give it to everyone. It is simple, it is situationally unfair, but it generates fewer arguments.

    Escalation, of course, is the most obvious problem with having this be your only governing compensation principle.

    I appreciate your point, but it is only my opinion that it’s a “better” guiding principle in this case.

    I don't think I made my point clear. I'm saying that the desire to be simple and the desire to be generous are independent choices that anyone setting policy is forced to make. You *must* decide whether to be simple or complex, and you *must* decide whether to aim high or aim low. And part of the reason is that the very definition of what "generous" means depends on how you intend to treat your customers: simply, or in a more tailored fashion. "Generosity" can only be judged to be a better guiding principle than "simplicity" if both generosity and simplicity are even valid guiding principles. But I don't think in practice either can be alone.

    Do you have a definition of "generous" that doesn't intrinsically imply you're going to treat the customers broadly and simply, or discretely and individually, that is still specific enough to serve as a guiding principle for designers?
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    I'm still here watching and reading... I just don't have the brain function at 10:00 to comprehend what it all means :tongue: I need to read these replies like 5 times a piece just to understand what you both are meaning.

    Either way I'm gathering that the discussion is no longer about why the compensation is not accomplishing what Kabam is intending it to and more about how they should go about the idea of compensation.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    In the mean time my post is up to 3 flags! We have some self-promoted forum police on here.
  • St333lllSt333lll Posts: 278
    I just wanted to ask. Has anyone received anything really good from compensation. Like. Have you ever gotten what you needed to get to 10k shards and then opened someone good? Cause mine are always bad pulls
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    62lhnn1hpjsu.jpeg

    This is the post I recall from July 6, when there was quite a stir about overheating. Which is my point: there was nothing in-game ever (not that I received), and players like me were trying to figure out what was wrong with their phones for a day or so. Venturing onto the forums, I believe this was the first official pronouncement other than asking for information on the issue (OS, model, etc.). “Worst offenders” is the phrase i couldn’t remember, and it appears to single out 11.4 as a source of the problem.

    If it wasn’t clear, I meant that it was ambiguous what caused the issue to players at the onset. So playing to the point of shutdown may have alerted players to a problem with 19.0, but it also may not have. I think that’s the point @DNA3000 makes above (and that I was making).

    Dr. Zola

    For the first week they kept deleting threads an not even acknowledging that there was as problem with overheating.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,357 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    In the mean time my post is up to 3 flags! We have some self-promoted forum police on here.

    @Werewrym I wouldn’t worry about it. A fraction of my flags are somewhat legitimate, while the others are members who don’t like what was said. The only positive is that flags are supposed to garner attention from forums officials, so perhaps someone will read your thread and take it to heart.

    Dr. Zola
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,357 ★★★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    62lhnn1hpjsu.jpeg

    This is the post I recall from July 6, when there was quite a stir about overheating. Which is my point: there was nothing in-game ever (not that I received), and players like me were trying to figure out what was wrong with their phones for a day or so. Venturing onto the forums, I believe this was the first official pronouncement other than asking for information on the issue (OS, model, etc.). “Worst offenders” is the phrase i couldn’t remember, and it appears to single out 11.4 as a source of the problem.

    If it wasn’t clear, I meant that it was ambiguous what caused the issue to players at the onset. So playing to the point of shutdown may have alerted players to a problem with 19.0, but it also may not have. I think that’s the point @DNA3000 makes above (and that I was making).

    Dr. Zola

    For the first week they kept deleting threads an not even acknowledging that there was as problem with overheating.

    I seem to recall overheating is
    St333lll wrote: »
    I just wanted to ask. Has anyone received anything really good from compensation. Like. Have you ever gotten what you needed to get to 10k shards and then opened someone good? Cause mine are always bad pulls

    In an ideal world, we would. Since the 5* pool expanded to 80+ champs a month or so ago, I’ve convinced myself I have about a 1/3 shot at a new champ or a dupe I would be excited about. In my last 7-8 crystals, however, I haven’t wound up in that “1/3 Good” category at all.

    I’m confident it’s random. Even so, I would like to see some sort of regular reporting of how that randomness plays out in-game. For example, it would be nice to see the distribution of crystal pulls from the GwenPool Goes to the Movies Epic quest exploration crystals—not because I think the game team purposefully rigs the crystals (they don’t), but because I think it would be helpful to understand what an acceptable level of randomness means to the people who code it into the game. Think of it as a “mini-audit” that gets shared with the community.

    Dr. Zola
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    62lhnn1hpjsu.jpeg

    This is the post I recall from July 6, when there was quite a stir about overheating. Which is my point: there was nothing in-game ever (not that I received), and players like me were trying to figure out what was wrong with their phones for a day or so. Venturing onto the forums, I believe this was the first official pronouncement other than asking for information on the issue (OS, model, etc.). “Worst offenders” is the phrase i couldn’t remember, and it appears to single out 11.4 as a source of the problem.

    If it wasn’t clear, I meant that it was ambiguous what caused the issue to players at the onset. So playing to the point of shutdown may have alerted players to a problem with 19.0, but it also may not have. I think that’s the point @DNA3000 makes above (and that I was making).

    Dr. Zola

    For the first week they kept deleting threads an not even acknowledging that there was as problem with overheating.

    I seem to recall overheating is
    St333lll wrote: »
    I just wanted to ask. Has anyone received anything really good from compensation. Like. Have you ever gotten what you needed to get to 10k shards and then opened someone good? Cause mine are always bad pulls

    In an ideal world, we would. Since the 5* pool expanded to 80+ champs a month or so ago, I’ve convinced myself I have about a 1/3 shot at a new champ or a dupe I would be excited about. In my last 7-8 crystals, however, I haven’t wound up in that “1/3 Good” category at all.

    I’m confident it’s random. Even so, I would like to see some sort of regular reporting of how that randomness plays out in-game. For example, it would be nice to see the distribution of crystal pulls from the GwenPool Goes to the Movies Epic quest exploration crystals—not because I think the game team purposefully rigs the crystals (they don’t), but because I think it would be helpful to understand what an acceptable level of randomness means to the people who code it into the game. Think of it as a “mini-audit” that gets shared with the community.

    Dr. Zola

    I like that idea. I wish we were allowed more selections in a poll so that we could have one post where we could compile a list of the variance between champion drops. I realize it would be a very small percentage of the total crystals opened, but I still think it would be interesting to see.
    DrZola wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    In the mean time my post is up to 3 flags! We have some self-promoted forum police on here.

    @Werewrym I wouldn’t worry about it. A fraction of my flags are somewhat legitimate, while the others are members who don’t like what was said. The only positive is that flags are supposed to garner attention from forums officials, so perhaps someone will read your thread and take it to heart.

    Dr. Zola

    I wasn't too worried about the flags, I just don't understand these forum trolls sometimes. I kind of suspect that there are people going around flagging all of the threads that mention compensation.

  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    A good restaurant, when they serve you and awfully cooked or just plain disgusting dish, will most often cook you the same dish again or replace that dish with another from the menu and then discount that meal or just completely remove the cost of the meal. Why? Because your goal in a business is not to just simply "make things as if they never happened" but rather to make the customer happy and feel appreciated for bearing with the errors in your service so much that they look forward to their next meal at that same restaurant even though this last one was pretty much a disaster.

    The same should be applied here but from the looks of it this is going to be almost as disastrous as 12.0. What has been stated as the goal for compensation is the equivalent of the manager, instead of doing what I described above, comes to your table removes the 90% of the meal that you couldn't stomach and brings back exactly 90% of that same meal recooked and considering the problem solved. If you were sitting at that table you would be insulted and I dare say you would either go to the corporate level or th owner and complain until it was made right.

    They will display wether they understand how customer service works or not based on this compensation package. If it is exactly as that one moderator describes, there will be uproar. It will be a disaster and they will have to do something else to make up for it.

    In my first year of playing this game I spent over a thousand dollars on this game. Since March/April I have spent less than $100 and I've determined not to spend anymore on what I see to be a sinking game that has no desire to keep any loyal customer base.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Iksdjvan wrote: »
    A good restaurant, when they serve you and awfully cooked or just plain disgusting dish, will most often cook you the same dish again or replace that dish with another from the menu and then discount that meal or just completely remove the cost of the meal. Why? Because your goal in a business is not to just simply "make things as if they never happened" but rather to make the customer happy and feel appreciated for bearing with the errors in your service so much that they look forward to their next meal at that same restaurant even though this last one was pretty much a disaster.

    The same should be applied here but from the looks of it this is going to be almost as disastrous as 12.0. What has been stated as the goal for compensation is the equivalent of the manager, instead of doing what I described above, comes to your table removes the 90% of the meal that you couldn't stomach and brings back exactly 90% of that same meal recooked and considering the problem solved. If you were sitting at that table you would be insulted and I dare say you would either go to the corporate level or th owner and complain until it was made right.

    They will display wether they understand how customer service works or not based on this compensation package. If it is exactly as that one moderator describes, there will be uproar. It will be a disaster and they will have to do something else to make up for it.

    In my first year of playing this game I spent over a thousand dollars on this game. Since March/April I have spent less than $100 and I've determined not to spend anymore on what I see to be a sinking game that has no desire to keep any loyal customer base.

    That is a good analogy. To put my original post into your analogy what is being done with the compensation currently is as if the restaurant had messed up everyone's meal (whether it was their fault or a malfunction in their machinery it doesn't matter). The restaurant decides to replace everyone's meal with the same meal regardless of who had ordered what and how expensive it was. For this method there is a group of people happy because they got a meal more expensive then what they originally paid for. There is a group of people who are unhappy because they got exactly the same thing they paid for, at no reduced price. And there is a group of people who are angry because they got a meal that was less than what they paid for originally.

    In the end only a small portion of the player base is actually happy from a generic package sent to everyone. The point here is that with one generic package for everyone, even if you are only compensating solely for what people missed out on, you are still going to end up with 2/3 of your customers either unhappy or angry (assuming all three parties have an equal number of players).

    I really don't understand how this is an acceptable method for compensation and I hope that they realize how much is riding on this package/appreciation event that they are putting together. It's not so much about free stuff, but about the reputation of Kabam and the satisfaction of their customers.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Funny how I posted this thread the day before Kabam decided to come out with their "one size fits all" solution...
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    SparkAlot wrote: »
    Tomstar124 wrote: »
    Compensation can be great but Kabam do it wrong I think prestige based would be so much better as I’m lvl40 and my girst5* can mostly from compensation (maybe that’s why it was she hulk!)

    There are lots of people that have sold off champs, and their prestige is low. How is that fair to them?

    There is no simple answer here, it would most likely have to be a new way to calculate what level people are really at.

    They don't need to sell if u rank 5*s or rank 4*s high enough ur prestige is fine just bc someone doesn't reach highest prestige bracket isn't my problem
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    A couple issues with that for me is, a) the fact that Compensation is meant to attone for the effect of the issue and not necessarily to go above and beyond, and b) Resources have to be balanced overall which means throwing them into the game has effects.

    If that is true some players would get new phones, or getting reimbursed for whatever cost they have to incur to fixed them.

    Resources are never balanced, the july 4th deal is a prime example.

    Everything is balanced.
    As for devices, that's not really within the realm of what we're discussing. For that matter, if someone pushes their device after noticing it overheating from the game, it's my opinion that the onus is on them. Barring cases where people never realized.

    That would normally be the case if there had been a warning message in-game. But unless I missed it, there wasn’t one. In fact, even if you hit the forums during the onset of the issues, you’d probably be left with the notion that iOS was the problem.

    Dr. Zola

    That's not true at all. The Forum was filled with Threads and comments on the issue.

    I seem to have a different recollection. I dont have the posts handy, but the initial response suggested that iOS was a culprit.

    Dr. Zola
    They never implied anything of the sort. They asked for people to volunteer testing iOS 12.0 Beta. As for the issue, there were Threads dedicated to the issues, testing, and new ones opened daily. There was no shortage of information on it, unless there is another Forum I'm unaware of.
    khehmist wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    A couple issues with that for me is, a) the fact that Compensation is meant to attone for the effect of the issue and not necessarily to go above and beyond, and b) Resources have to be balanced overall which means throwing them into the game has effects.

    If that is true some players would get new phones, or getting reimbursed for whatever cost they have to incur to fixed them.

    Resources are never balanced, the july 4th deal is a prime example.

    Everything is balanced.
    As for devices, that's not really within the realm of what we're discussing. For that matter, if someone pushes their device after noticing it overheating from the game, it's my opinion that the onus is on them. Barring cases where people never realized.

    That would normally be the case if there had been a warning message in-game. But unless I missed it, there wasn’t one. In fact, even if you hit the forums during the onset of the issues, you’d probably be left with the notion that iOS was the problem.

    Dr. Zola

    That's not true at all. The Forum was filled with Threads and comments on the issue.

    Wrong again. The forum is not "in-game".

    You need an In-Game Email to investigate extreme overheating of your device?

    Yeah. Not everyone goes to the forums. Kabam made our phones overheat no the companies.
Sign In or Register to comment.