**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Prestige....is it time this goes away?

Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
Prestige is horrible for this game in my opinion. It makes you have to rank up certain champs or you can get kicked from your alliance. Most people have the same champs ranked because they have to not because they want to. I think the Prestige system needs fixed. Maybe it should be a combination of your top 25 champs and not top 5. At the end of the day Kabam's stance has always been too many people are using these champs so we want parity, but then they are the ones in my opinion that have caused the problem. I would really like to know if prestige is or ever will be looked at or changed.

Thanks,

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    No, it’s the only number that will affect your aq scores. Otherwise a lot of alliances will get ties in aq. If your alliance is forcing you to rank up champs that you don’t want to, then don rank gem up. Find a different alliance
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    The problem now is prestige has become such a foundation mechanic in the game that changing it would only create bigger problems.

I don't really care for it either but unless there is a better solution it won't be changing.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    I completely understand but Prestige is probably the worst feature in the game and needs to be revamped already.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Don't see a big problem with it. I highly doubt anyone is enforcing required rank ups outside the top few alliances. We're top 150 in AQ and no one has ever even hinted that I shouldn't rank someone I planned on bc of prestige
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Prestige drives crystal sales. Don't see it going away.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    The problem now is prestige has become such a foundation mechanic in the game that changing it would only create bigger problems.

Actually, my recollection is that there was a statement from Kabam in a context I currently cannot recall, where they said that one of the reasons why we don't have an individual prestige display is in part because they aren't happy with prestige as a progress metric, but they cannot eliminate prestige until they come up with something better and in the meantime it is a compromise to needing something like it. But I got the impression that if a better idea came along and the time to implement it was available, Kabam was open to eliminating prestige as a thing in the game.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    I really have no idea why they created this hidden number instead of just using total base hero rating.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Sounds like the alliances you are trying to be in are the issue. But top ranked alliances will always have stricter requirements than the lower tiered ones. If it's not prestige, it will be something else.
  • Is this question a joke?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    I really have no idea why they created this hidden number instead of just using total base hero rating.

I could see reasons why using Averages is a gauge. Champs vary in PI, and that can depend on what reasoning goes into making their Rating. Whether it's Attack, Health, or arbitrary. Quite obviously Masteries can increase PI, but not affect the Base Stats themselves, so that is removed from calculations. Simply put, if you want to gauge how progressed someone is, take an average of their Top 5 Champs. It's been a gauge that's worked fairly well in the past, but as for now, that's what the question is. The misconception is that it's only used to determine Rewards Brackets, but it's really the challenge level of AQ. Stronger Averages receive stronger challenges. I have no idea for sure, but I would assume it was originally introduced to implement a system that challenges people based on their capabilities. Somewhere along the lines, people figured out that maximizing it yields the most Rewards. Hence the Prestige Race.
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    "At the end of the day" is a terrible phrase and makes me cringe.

And no, prestige is fine. It's the most balanced way to determine strength. The only other options are PI (lol) and rating (rofl).