Summoner Appreciation Week Discussion

1434446484951

Comments

  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 289 ★★
    20k? Is that a joke?
    Werewrym wrote: »
    The people that post videos/news and updates aren't doing a good job of focusing on how bad the appreciation event is.

    The guys in the content creators program aren't allowed to talk smack
  • Hey guys,

    Sha here, Every day. compensation isn't equivalent to the issues cost to me

    Thats all for today
  • Seatin just did a F U video for Strikeforce and basically said Kabam isnt that bad and seemed to gloss over 19.0 issues and this compensation fiasco. The article was on Polygon. I dont know why the strikeforce thing gained traction and this didnt. Maybe people are use to this with Kabam. Maybe they just arent important enough. To me this is worse cause of the issue of damaged phones, maintenance issues, etc.
  • Menkent wrote: »
    20k? Is that a joke?
    Werewrym wrote: »
    The people that post videos/news and updates aren't doing a good job of focusing on how bad the appreciation event is.

    The guys in the content creators program aren't allowed to talk smack

    Is there a rule that says that? Or do they just follow that guideline so that they don't get kicked from the program?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,005 ★★★★★
    Shaun01 wrote: »
    It is important to keep in mind that certain individuals that continue to press their views about the game are very low level players. Currently less than 20k rating. This alone provides enough grounds to dismiss any wisdom as it pertains to compensation for any and all end game players. It's also impossible to provide any accurate insight into a situation in which an individual was not directly effected, admittedly.
    You are clearly misinformed about where I'm at in the game. It's not even the same IGN. Regardless of that, the discussion is about Summoner Appreciation. Not End-Game Players, not even where people are at. We're discussing issues that pertain to all Players. Your continued efforts to make things personal are becoming stretched. Perhaps it's best to let it go and stick to the topic at hand.
  • Werewrym wrote: »
    Shaun01 wrote: »
    It is important to keep in mind that certain individuals that continue to press their views about the game are very low level players. Currently less than 20k rating. This alone provides enough grounds to dismiss any wisdom as it pertains to compensation for any and all end game players. It's also impossible to provide any accurate insight into a situation in which an individual was not directly effected, admittedly.
    You are clearly misinformed about where I'm at in the game. It's not even the same IGN. Regardless of that, the discussion is about Summoner Appreciation. Not End-Game Players, not even where people are at. We're discussing issues that pertain to all Players. Your continued efforts to make things personal are becoming stretched. Perhaps it's best to let it go and stick to the topic at hand.

    I think what he was pointing out is that summoner appreciation is worth more for some players and less for others. The point being that if you are end game it is worth practically nothing which makes it not only an appreciation event that fails to appreciate all players, but a compensation that fails to compensate all players.

    There is no point in the game where people don't benefit from Units, Revs, Pots, 5* Shards, and Universal Boosts. Not to mention whatever drops from the Crystal. People are so hung up on calling this for this and that for that, that they aren't acknowledging the fact that we've gotten a few 5*s, Cats, and other perks this month, as well as what's given. Call it what you want, but it still adds up to being available at one time. These things have to be accounted for when throwing Resources into the game. Everything adds up. Plus, it's an Event for everyone. Not End-Game versus Beginner.
    Just because some are at an End-Game stage doesn't mean they're going to throw in 6* Shards, mass numbers of 5* Shards, and other invaluable Resources.

    Yes and no. Things add up yes, boosts are useful yes. But they should have created brackets for the compensation. It is just common sense.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Shaun01 wrote: »
    It is important to keep in mind that certain individuals that continue to press their views about the game are very low level players. Currently less than 20k rating. This alone provides enough grounds to dismiss any wisdom as it pertains to compensation for any and all end game players. It's also impossible to provide any accurate insight into a situation in which an individual was not directly effected, admittedly.
    You are clearly misinformed about where I'm at in the game. It's not even the same IGN. Regardless of that, the discussion is about Summoner Appreciation. Not End-Game Players, not even where people are at. We're discussing issues that pertain to all Players. Your continued efforts to make things personal are becoming stretched. Perhaps it's best to let it go and stick to the topic at hand.

    I think what he was pointing out is that summoner appreciation is worth more for some players and less for others. The point being that if you are end game it is worth practically nothing which makes it not only an appreciation event that fails to appreciate all players, but a compensation that fails to compensate all players.

    There is no point in the game where people don't benefit from Units, Revs, Pots, 5* Shards, and Universal Boosts. Not to mention whatever drops from the Crystal. People are so hung up on calling this for this and that for that, that they aren't acknowledging the fact that we've gotten a few 5*s, Cats, and other perks this month, as well as what's given. Call it what you want, but it still adds up to being available at one time. These things have to be accounted for when throwing Resources into the game. Everything adds up. Plus, it's an Event for everyone. Not End-Game versus Beginner.
    Just because some are at an End-Game stage doesn't mean they're going to throw in 6* Shards, mass numbers of 5* Shards, and other invaluable Resources.

    Yes and no. Things add up yes, boosts are useful yes. But they should have created brackets for the compensation. It is just common sense.

    That has been done previously, and it led to an uproar. Besides that, if you're going to do something for the entire Player Base, it should be equal. It's Appreciation. Not Segregation. The whole premise for wanting Brackets is wanting more. That's what I'm addressing.

    And there you have it. If it was just appreciation then we're ok with it. Those rewards don't come close to compensate for all the issues.
  • DMAN232DMAN232 Posts: 20
    Can we get a statement or comment from the mods please?

    It was previously stated that the negative feedback from the community was taken to the "team" so they are aware of our feelings.

    In spite of this community outrage from the majority of players in regards to the level of rewards given is this the extent of the compensation?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,005 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Shaun01 wrote: »
    It is important to keep in mind that certain individuals that continue to press their views about the game are very low level players. Currently less than 20k rating. This alone provides enough grounds to dismiss any wisdom as it pertains to compensation for any and all end game players. It's also impossible to provide any accurate insight into a situation in which an individual was not directly effected, admittedly.
    You are clearly misinformed about where I'm at in the game. It's not even the same IGN. Regardless of that, the discussion is about Summoner Appreciation. Not End-Game Players, not even where people are at. We're discussing issues that pertain to all Players. Your continued efforts to make things personal are becoming stretched. Perhaps it's best to let it go and stick to the topic at hand.

    I think what he was pointing out is that summoner appreciation is worth more for some players and less for others. The point being that if you are end game it is worth practically nothing which makes it not only an appreciation event that fails to appreciate all players, but a compensation that fails to compensate all players.

    There is no point in the game where people don't benefit from Units, Revs, Pots, 5* Shards, and Universal Boosts. Not to mention whatever drops from the Crystal. People are so hung up on calling this for this and that for that, that they aren't acknowledging the fact that we've gotten a few 5*s, Cats, and other perks this month, as well as what's given. Call it what you want, but it still adds up to being available at one time. These things have to be accounted for when throwing Resources into the game. Everything adds up. Plus, it's an Event for everyone. Not End-Game versus Beginner.
    Just because some are at an End-Game stage doesn't mean they're going to throw in 6* Shards, mass numbers of 5* Shards, and other invaluable Resources.

    Yes and no. Things add up yes, boosts are useful yes. But they should have created brackets for the compensation. It is just common sense.

    That has been done previously, and it led to an uproar. Besides that, if you're going to do something for the entire Player Base, it should be equal. It's Appreciation. Not Segregation. The whole premise for wanting Brackets is wanting more. That's what I'm addressing.

    You say kabam shouldn’t use brackets because there was an uproar. There is an uproar for this as well.

    What’s different about the potential uproar for bracketed compensation that means it’s a bad idea compared to the uproar that happened for the choice gift?

    There is no difference, really. No matter what they do, some take issue. However, in terms of this situation, Summoner Appreciation has never been awarded based on Brackets. Only Compensation. The Compensation, as per the comment in this Thread, was the Package given. They chose to take the route of allowing people to select what best suits them, rather than separating people with Brackets. Which would inevitably leave people feeling left out. This way, everyone gets the same. Now, I can't say that's their reasoning in it because I'm not them, but that's what occurs to me.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,005 ★★★★★
    You mean the Math that calculates tens of thousands of Shards based on potential earnings? Yeah, must be my head that's outlandish.
    -.-
  • Werewrym wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Shaun01 wrote: »
    It is important to keep in mind that certain individuals that continue to press their views about the game are very low level players. Currently less than 20k rating. This alone provides enough grounds to dismiss any wisdom as it pertains to compensation for any and all end game players. It's also impossible to provide any accurate insight into a situation in which an individual was not directly effected, admittedly.
    You are clearly misinformed about where I'm at in the game. It's not even the same IGN. Regardless of that, the discussion is about Summoner Appreciation. Not End-Game Players, not even where people are at. We're discussing issues that pertain to all Players. Your continued efforts to make things personal are becoming stretched. Perhaps it's best to let it go and stick to the topic at hand.

    I think what he was pointing out is that summoner appreciation is worth more for some players and less for others. The point being that if you are end game it is worth practically nothing which makes it not only an appreciation event that fails to appreciate all players, but a compensation that fails to compensate all players.

    There is no point in the game where people don't benefit from Units, Revs, Pots, 5* Shards, and Universal Boosts. Not to mention whatever drops from the Crystal. People are so hung up on calling this for this and that for that, that they aren't acknowledging the fact that we've gotten a few 5*s, Cats, and other perks this month, as well as what's given. Call it what you want, but it still adds up to being available at one time. These things have to be accounted for when throwing Resources into the game. Everything adds up. Plus, it's an Event for everyone. Not End-Game versus Beginner.
    Just because some are at an End-Game stage doesn't mean they're going to throw in 6* Shards, mass numbers of 5* Shards, and other invaluable Resources.

    Yes and no. Things add up yes, boosts are useful yes. But they should have created brackets for the compensation. It is just common sense.

    That has been done previously, and it led to an uproar. Besides that, if you're going to do something for the entire Player Base, it should be equal. It's Appreciation. Not Segregation. The whole premise for wanting Brackets is wanting more. That's what I'm addressing.

    You say kabam shouldn’t use brackets because there was an uproar. There is an uproar for this as well.

    What’s different about the potential uproar for bracketed compensation that means it’s a bad idea compared to the uproar that happened for the choice gift?

    There is no difference, really. No matter what they do, some take issue. However, in terms of this situation, Summoner Appreciation has never been awarded based on Brackets. Only Compensation. The Compensation, as per the comment in this Thread, was the Package given. They chose to take the route of allowing people to select what best suits them, rather than separating people with Brackets. Which would inevitably leave people feeling left out. This way, everyone gets the same. Now, I can't say that's their reasoning in it because I'm not them, but that's what occurs to me.

    It seems you've hit the nail on the head... Appreciation is not compensation... compensation is not appreciation. Compensation should have bracketed rewards as different tiers of players missed out on different amounts of rewards. Appreciation does not need bracketing as you've said (although I think they could have thought it out a little more to be worthwhile to their longstanding players). The fact that they tried to make compensation and appreciation the same thing is where they went wrong.

    People will feel left out no matter what method you use to give out compensation. I missed the cutoff for the 5* awakening gem around 12.0 by less than 1k rating. Sure I was disappointed but I realize they had to draw the line somewhere. I still got great compensation so I couldn't complain. You can't please everyone, but they should have at least tried to accomplish their goal of compensating players for what they missed out on. As it is they decided to tell us one thing and then do another. So I'm going to call out Kabam on their lies until they apologize.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 522 ★★★
    Anybody else getting the shaft on unit drops from battlechips? Since the boosts went live I’ve not gotten a single unit from mass openings. Super small sample size, but I wouldn’t put it past them to alter the drop rates for the bonus week, turn them into glorified gold crystals.
  • KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 137 ★★
    Thought50 wrote: »
    You mean the Math that calculates tens of thousands of Shards based on potential earnings? Yeah, must be my head that's outlandish.
    -.-

    Yeah tens of thousands because that’s reasonable.... How about you wise up and take a proper sample of coherent ideas and suggestions. Snarky comments likes yours are counter productive. Especially when myself and others are putting forth well thought out ideas.



    Back to non trolling topics. I think a proper compensations should be all packages. I truly believe the community would be happy with that.

    Without a doubt! Especially since the overheating affected all aspects of the game.......and our devices (or ex-devices).
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,005 ★★★★★
    Anybody else getting the shaft on unit drops from battlechips? Since the boosts went live I’ve not gotten a single unit from mass openings. Super small sample size, but I wouldn’t put it past them to alter the drop rates for the bonus week, turn them into glorified gold crystals.

    Same as always. I've been pulling them. They come and go.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,005 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Shaun01 wrote: »
    It is important to keep in mind that certain individuals that continue to press their views about the game are very low level players. Currently less than 20k rating. This alone provides enough grounds to dismiss any wisdom as it pertains to compensation for any and all end game players. It's also impossible to provide any accurate insight into a situation in which an individual was not directly effected, admittedly.
    You are clearly misinformed about where I'm at in the game. It's not even the same IGN. Regardless of that, the discussion is about Summoner Appreciation. Not End-Game Players, not even where people are at. We're discussing issues that pertain to all Players. Your continued efforts to make things personal are becoming stretched. Perhaps it's best to let it go and stick to the topic at hand.

    I think what he was pointing out is that summoner appreciation is worth more for some players and less for others. The point being that if you are end game it is worth practically nothing which makes it not only an appreciation event that fails to appreciate all players, but a compensation that fails to compensate all players.

    There is no point in the game where people don't benefit from Units, Revs, Pots, 5* Shards, and Universal Boosts. Not to mention whatever drops from the Crystal. People are so hung up on calling this for this and that for that, that they aren't acknowledging the fact that we've gotten a few 5*s, Cats, and other perks this month, as well as what's given. Call it what you want, but it still adds up to being available at one time. These things have to be accounted for when throwing Resources into the game. Everything adds up. Plus, it's an Event for everyone. Not End-Game versus Beginner.
    Just because some are at an End-Game stage doesn't mean they're going to throw in 6* Shards, mass numbers of 5* Shards, and other invaluable Resources.

    Yes and no. Things add up yes, boosts are useful yes. But they should have created brackets for the compensation. It is just common sense.

    That has been done previously, and it led to an uproar. Besides that, if you're going to do something for the entire Player Base, it should be equal. It's Appreciation. Not Segregation. The whole premise for wanting Brackets is wanting more. That's what I'm addressing.

    You say kabam shouldn’t use brackets because there was an uproar. There is an uproar for this as well.

    What’s different about the potential uproar for bracketed compensation that means it’s a bad idea compared to the uproar that happened for the choice gift?

    There is no difference, really. No matter what they do, some take issue. However, in terms of this situation, Summoner Appreciation has never been awarded based on Brackets. Only Compensation. The Compensation, as per the comment in this Thread, was the Package given. They chose to take the route of allowing people to select what best suits them, rather than separating people with Brackets. Which would inevitably leave people feeling left out. This way, everyone gets the same. Now, I can't say that's their reasoning in it because I'm not them, but that's what occurs to me.

    It seems you've hit the nail on the head... Appreciation is not compensation... compensation is not appreciation. Compensation should have bracketed rewards as different tiers of players missed out on different amounts of rewards. Appreciation does not need bracketing as you've said (although I think they could have thought it out a little more to be worthwhile to their longstanding players). The fact that they tried to make compensation and appreciation the same thing is where they went wrong.

    People will feel left out no matter what method you use to give out compensation. I missed the cutoff for the 5* awakening gem around 12.0 by less than 1k rating. Sure I was disappointed but I realize they had to draw the line somewhere. I still got great compensation so I couldn't complain. You can't please everyone, but they should have at least tried to accomplish their goal of compensating players for what they missed out on. As it is they decided to tell us one thing and then do another. So I'm going to call out Kabam on their lies until they apologize.

    That's not feasible. People wanted Compensation in proportion to what they could have possibly earned and where they're at. That's not feasible when you're talking about a large number of people. The whole idea of Brackets was only introduced to accommodate 12.0, where adjustments needed to be made suited to where someone was at. That's not the same as the situation we're talking about now. Compensating for an issue that caused problems for all different ranges of Players is not an easy task. You can't go on potential when it comes to Arena and War. I could have gotten Goldpool had I put up enough Points. I didn't. Those aspects are competitions. You get what you put up, not what you could potentially put up. This whole idea that it affected people more than others is not accurate based on where they're at in the game. If you can't play for long because your device is overheating, that affects everyone the same. Doesn't matter if you're in Master or Stone. The effect is the same.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,005 ★★★★★
    It's not reasonable to say it affected people more than others because the Rewards were more valuable. It affected people the exact same way, device overheated.
  • VerzzVerzz Posts: 399 ★★
    Lol it’s obvious trolling now. Brackets were only implemented to accommodate for 12.0? What are the beginner, intermediate, and veteran brackets for in arena then? Why is it based on prestige what crystals you can have access to in this current event? What are tiers in war? Do they not have different rewards also? Is this real life?
This discussion has been closed.