**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Unluckiest Player of All Time?

I’ve been waiting months for tier 4 Cosmic Class Catalysts to have 3 to rank 3 my 5* Medusa.

I always seem to manage to get 0 cosmic fragments or fewer than 7k very rarely, from Glory, greater glory, and AQ Map 5 Crystals...

It’s like every time I have a feeling of excitement to rank up an amazing champion that I have, I all of a sudden get the worst luck🧐

Anyone else feel the same way?

Comments

• Options
    Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 477 ★★★
    It definitely goes in waves. I had a overflow of resources not long ago because I was getting no one worthy to rank up. Then within a few weeks I got a 5* Ghost, 5* Wasp, 5* AA, 5* Ghulk, 4* Heimdall, 4* CapIW and 4* Medusa. Now I'm low on cats to rank up the 4*s at the moment. I'm now back in the long stretch of getting nothing, but that is ok so I can build up my resource of cats again.
  • Options
    Monkey17288Monkey17288 Posts: 99
    I opened 16 t4cc to get one cosmic t4cc to r5 Corvus and guess how many I got. Zero
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    “Unluckiest player” and “5* Medusa” don’t really fit together 😂

Lol I see what you mean tho
  • Options
    CyporgCyporg Posts: 285 ★★
    Not the unluckiest I've seen, that would be someone on my line chat, they have like 15-20 5* and zero of them are good, it is crazy
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    Just popped that Vulture from a featured. Please go on and tell me how unlucky you feel again. I'm wasting way too much time running in place with these 5* pulls. If I don't hit by the end of this current featured I'm done.

4h7d87jefwdm.png
    Yozjyakm2q8648.png

How is Yondu not at least 3/45? Should be 4/55.
  • Options
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Just popped that Vulture from a featured. Please go on and tell me how unlucky you feel again. I'm wasting way too much time running in place with these 5* pulls. If I don't hit by the end of this current featured I'm done.

4h7d87jefwdm.png
    Yozjyakm2q8648.png

How is Yondu not at least 3/45? Should be 4/55.

No tech cats. Plenty of science though

Ah shame.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,033 ★★★★★

4h7d87jefwdm.png
    Yozjyakm2q8648.png

6 out of 18 is considered bad pulls? 33% of your champs are viable
  • Options
    dmg5bclx2f7j.png
    dnu4qun9pfyl.png
    wz3rmm60p4mm.png
    su8jqu02xfr8.png

I must have your bad luck going off your logic.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    dmg5bclx2f7j.png
    dnu4qun9pfyl.png
    wz3rmm60p4mm.png
    su8jqu02xfr8.png

Arena whale or FGMC whale?

Proxima, Corvus, Wasp and Heimdall? Lol
  • Options
    dmg5bclx2f7j.png
    dnu4qun9pfyl.png
    wz3rmm60p4mm.png
    su8jqu02xfr8.png

FGMC'S lol. Although I got Heimdall off just 1 FGMC
  • Options
    dmg5bclx2f7j.png
    dnu4qun9pfyl.png
    wz3rmm60p4mm.png
    su8jqu02xfr8.png

I’d say I hate you for your luck but I really can’t talk, same thing happened with my Corvus!
  • Options
    dmg5bclx2f7j.png
    dnu4qun9pfyl.png
    wz3rmm60p4mm.png
    su8jqu02xfr8.png

I’d say I hate you for your luck but I really can’t talk, same thing happened with my Corvus!

Pfffft luck. Sometimes I feel like C.O.W junior. I did whale out for Blade and Corvus but most others it was a set of 10.
  • Options
    AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    I feel like the unluckiest player of all time wouldn’t get a 5* medusa...

Exactly. If this guy came to get some sympathy, he came to the wrong place. Nobody with a 5* Medusa can call himself unlucky...EVER!!!
  • Options
    dmg5bclx2f7j.png
    dnu4qun9pfyl.png
    wz3rmm60p4mm.png
    su8jqu02xfr8.png

Pfffft luck. Sometimes I feel like C.O.W junior. I did whale out for Blade and Corvus but most others it was a set of 10.

Blade and Corvus aren't bad champs to whale for I guess, shaping the meta of Aw seasons imo. If I did whale out, I’d whale for them.
  • Options
    True. Pulled PM with corvus so def worth it. I'm hoping early reports of Heimdall dont make me regret getting him.
  • Options
    RoyalPlasmaRoyalPlasma Posts: 73

Yeah definitely. Sorry about the bad pulls m8..
  • Options
    True. Pulled PM with corvus so def worth it. I'm hoping early reports of Heimdall dont make me regret getting him.

I want PM as my second R5 up there with Corvus. I’d rank 2 her 6* unduped as well, I think she’s mega underrated unduped.

Heimdall will be a tricky one, I think with your PM and Corvus you don’t really have a hole in your roster for a true strike champ. And I think that’s all Heimdall is, @Viper1987 Just made a good post about him in the Heimdall spotlight. To paraphrase, he’s a great champ, but with all his utility he’s not going to have the damage as well.
  • Options

I want PM as my second R5 up there with Corvus. I’d rank 2 her 6* unduped as well, I think she’s mega underrated unduped.

Heimdall will be a tricky one, I think with your PM and Corvus you don’t really have a hole in your roster for a true strike champ. And I think that’s all Heimdall is, @Viper1987 Just made a good post about him in the Heimdall spotlight. To paraphrase, he’s a great champ, but with all his utility he’s not going to have the damage as well.

Yes, thank you for the shout out. I could make a post but figured the spotlight thread might be best. He’s well balanced and you can’t have everything with one champ. The name of the game is balance.
  • Options

Yes, thank you for the shout out. I could make a post but figured the spotlight thread might be best. He’s well balanced and you can’t have everything with one champ. The name of the game is balance.

I think a thread could well be useful to a lot of people in a few weeks, if you can be bothered that is ;) but I completely agree with you

After a bit more testing with him you may have found perhaps the best rotation with him in regards to his fury/crit/aptitude perma buffs. Also, I’m seeing a lot of chatter about Heimdall being bad, just because he doesn’t hit as hard as Corvus. I’d love to see a post highlighting that low damage =/= bad. Heimdall has perhaps the best true strike utility in the game, rivalled only by Killmonger. Corvus and PM are good, but Corvus needs PM and PM has short burst of it, not the best.
  • Options

I think a thread could well be useful to a lot of people in a few weeks, if you can be bothered that is ;) but I completely agree with you

After a bit more testing with him you may have found perhaps the best rotation with him in regards to his fury/crit/aptitude perma buffs. Also, I’m seeing a lot of chatter about Heimdall being bad, just because he doesn’t hit as hard as Corvus. I’d love to see a post highlighting that low damage =/= bad. Heimdall has perhaps the best true strike utility in the game, rivalled only by Killmonger. Corvus and PM are good, but Corvus needs PM and PM has short burst of it, not the best.

I would even argue that Heimdall’s true strike is even better than Killmonger’s but maybe that’s an argument to make for a Heimdall post. I’ll write something down later today and see where it takes me. Corvus’ true strike is not ideal because it requires you to finish his mission which means he needs to be evaded or auto blocked. In war this is incredibly hard to not only find a champ that evades or auto blocks, but doesn’t punish you for triggering it. Plus you need to add another champ (Proxima) limiting your options. But I’ll go ahead and start jotting down some thoughts and testing I’ve done. I can share my experience with him and hopefully make others feel better about their Heimdall pulls.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    My only duped 5 stars are Iron man, hulkbuster,and juggy. All 3 are now at sig level 40 minus the juggy because I had generic 5* sig stones expiring so had to use them.

I hear you but trust me your luck could be worse
  • Options
    raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    I have been getting tons of cosmic t4ccs and had no god tier 5* cosmic champion to even r2. So when the opportunity to trade of 3 class cats for another random class cat except the one you're trading, I traded ALL 12 cosmic t4cc catalysts. Two weeks later with 0 cosmic T4CCs (actually now I have one, thanks to AQ map 4/5 fragment pulls), I pulled 5* Hyperion... But I'm not complaining, really.
  • Options

I would even argue that Heimdall’s true strike is even better than Killmonger’s but maybe that’s an argument to make for a Heimdall post. I’ll write something down later today and see where it takes me. Corvus’ true strike is not ideal because it requires you to finish his mission which means he needs to be evaded or auto blocked. In war this is incredibly hard to not only find a champ that evades or auto blocks, but doesn’t punish you for triggering it. Plus you need to add another champ (Proxima) limiting your options. But I’ll go ahead and start jotting down some thoughts and testing I’ve done. I can share my experience with him and hopefully make others feel better about their Heimdall pulls.

I’d agree that Heimdall is better than Killmonger, but only for true strike. As a whole, I’d take Killmonger before Heimdall. Perhaps that would change if I got Heimdall and tested him, but I think Killmonger is a better option.

However, I agree that True strike is better for Heimdall. 1 special, which can be gotten straight away with his sig, or power start boost. You don’t need to rely on the special being punishable (I.e. able to hit straight away) like with KM.

Yeah, as someone who has run corvus in high tier war, I find Proxima using up a place is an issue. I only had her as a 4* so she wasn’t used much. Maybe a 5* or 6* would be better, but I don’t think she has her place in war that much. Saying that, the only champions who give issues with completing his mission is Medusa, Thor Rag, IMIW and Heimdall. Since they parry. Any Evade champ, if you’re careful enough, can be knocked down easily enough. Even Wasp, who’s shock does no damage to corvus at all. Add in Modok and there’s quite a few defence champs who corvus can easily finish his mission on.
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018

4h7d87jefwdm.png
    Yozjyakm2q8648.png

Vulture is actually pretty gooood. Very underrated, same with venompool
  • Options

4h7d87jefwdm.png
    Yozjyakm2q8648.png

Vulture is actually pretty gooood. Very underrated, same with venompool

Vulture is good? Please explain because mine has been duped for a while now doing nothing except being arena fodder. If they made Vulture actually incinerate immune, then he would have some utility. But as it is now, he’s trash. And I like the underdogs and underrated champs.