Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Member Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/9im3pPLG9IA

@Demonzfyre @zeezee57

Here is a small clip of Heimdall vs node 27 Medusa. Ignore the horrible intercept I did at the beginning. Keep in mind, 4* 5/50 Medusa, 20% champ boost, and I only converted a precision buff.

The damage output wasn't too bad at all there. Do you run glass cannon or is that his attack rating with just the 20% boost? Also if you don't mind at 4/55 what are his base health and attack rating? That video goes to show just how much of an advantage he brings against one of the top war bosses/minis right now. Not only does he ignore her autoblock but each time he bypasses it her furies get wiped out too.

Like you showed Medusa isn't too hard to counter with a heavy even when you can't stun as long as she throws a sp1 or heavy within the time frame needed to convert the precision. A quick unstoppable similar to what Kingpin gets would have been a nice touch considering they made landing a heavy within a certain window a necessity. I brought him into my current war on a path toward stun immune NC mini so we'll see how he fares this time for me now that he's maxed. I knocked out an early fight with him to start with the power gain, but I think I'm gonna use a power boost anyway to start with a bar and drop a special right away. Just have to not worry too much about converting the precision that I push it and get hit.

k1nl7jc0hlui.png

@zeezee57 here are his base stats. I’m running GC 2, so not maxed out. And yeah I had true strike up right away with just his power gain. I only lost it because of a bad intercept. And that’s a good point that for Medusa she uses up her fury, too, which is another benefit. The damage isn’t too bad considering I only had 1, maybe 2 fury up. When I learn to counter Medusa’s heavy with my own, I can actually convert fury.

So the difference in attack rating between 5\50 and 4/55 is about 50%, my base attack is 1033. The only buff I really go out of my way trying to convert is the precision since you'll steadily keep building up fury all fight that can be converted any time you get an opening for your heavy while precision is a one time thing if you don't get hit. I think I'm gonna throw a few points into GC to add a little extra pop, it'll hurt my Wasp a bit but I'm more focused on Heim at the moment since I'd like to make him a main part of my war attack team.

I agree with you on focusing more about converting the precision buff than the others. GC isn’t bad because in theory you shouldn’t be getting hit much. Block proficiency and perfect block masteries can help to patch defenses to a small degree, too, as well as maxing parry. Wasp will get a lot more kick than Heimdall will since her attack is higher. Good luck to you.
  • BurningSpear72BurningSpear72 Member Posts: 23
    edited August 2019
    @Viper1987 I really really really appreciate this post I pulled him as a 5* last night and used him this morning in story quest it was a fluid fight unlike sentinel which feels like walking through an ocean with a oil tanker carried on his back and voltron pushing back at the same time. Imma r3 him and when he’s duped r4 very solid and powerful fighter especially now that I know how to use him based on your info shared. Grateful 🙏🏾
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Member Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

@Viper1987 I really really really appreciate this post I pulled him as a 5* last night and used him this morning in story quest it was a fluid fight unlike sentinel which feels like walking through an ocean with a oil tanker carried on his back and voltron pushing back at the same time. Imma r3 him and when he’s duped r4 very solid and powerful fighter especially now that I know how to use him based on your info shared. Grateful 🙏🏾

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this post and I appreciate the kind words. I’m glad you’re enjoying your Heimdall. Since this post I have taken my 5* to R5 and don’t regret it at all. I feel he still holds up to my post and is still a staple of my questing team. Since the release of Act 6, Heimdall’s usefulness has only risen. With 6.2.2 Sinister and other tough fights his synergy will always be useful. Good luck to you Summoner.