**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Trash champs in featured crystals

Kabam, why do you include all of these horrible champs like colossus and IP in your crystals with a higher chance of getting bad champs than good champs. The featured crystal has like a 14/24 champs are absolute garbage. I’m pissed when I save all of these shards just to get a crappy colossus. Either buff these champions, or don’t include them at all, unless ur that lazy to buff certain champs or include better champs. And don’t be cheap and buff them using an exclusive synergy, that just lazy.

Comments

• Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 791 ★★★
    Gambling, revenue and consumer psychology.
  • Options
    gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    I'm kinda with the op on this one, particularly the "higher chance" comment. Just look at the percentage of players who have pulled iron patriot from the 5* cinematic crystal compared to other champs, it's not even close. I've suspected for a long time that different champs have different drop rates based on how good they are, and despite what Kabam says I maintain that it's fishy as hell.
  • Options
    VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    I'm kinda with the op on this one, particularly the "higher chance" comment. Just look at the percentage of players who have pulled iron patriot from the 5* cinematic crystal compared to other champs, it's not even close. I've suspected for a long time that different champs have different drop rates based on how good they are, and despite what Kabam says I maintain that it's fishy as hell.

It is close. Look at the results of one of the polls. IP has the same rate as ultron there
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Voltolos wrote: »

It is close. Look at the results of one of the polls. IP has the same rate as ultron there

I read stuff like this, then I look at the poll, and then I add another fifty points to confirmation blindness.

No, that's not a typo.
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★

Don't you think you're more likely to come on here and vote if you had a bad pull? That's like how you're more likely to fill out a survey at a restaurant when you've had a bad meal than to fill one out when you had a good one or just OK one.
  • Options
    MSRDLD wrote: »

Don't you think you're more likely to come on here and vote if you had a bad pull? That's like how you're more likely to fill out a survey at a restaurant when you've had a bad meal than to fill one out when you had a good one or just OK one.

That would make the polls even stronger proof that the crystals aren't skewed towards the lesser desired champions, because you're saying the lesser desired champions are overrepresented in the polls.
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »

That would make the polls even stronger proof that the crystals aren't skewed towards the lesser desired champions, because you're saying the lesser desired champions are overrepresented in the polls.

Yeah that's what I'm saying one would expect. What are the results actually suggesting?
  • Options
    belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I just duped my groot so don’t feel bad
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    3 people in a row pulled wasp in my alliance. You have too small of a sample size with polls on the forums compared to the actual number of crystals that have been opened. No in my alliance pulled an IP so far
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Yeah that's what I'm saying one would expect. What are the results actually suggesting?

Not enough data to be statistically strong, but at the time I last looked there were 185 votes across 18 champs. So the statistical average would be about 10-ish. Not sure what the "undesirables" would be for everyone for a 5* champ, but if I take a reasonable guess that they would likely include Black Panther Civil War, Iron Man, Captain America, Iron Patriot, Loki, and Winter Soldier (not saying I agree, just spitballing a reasonable list) then those champions currently had the following pull amounts:

BPCW: 7
    Iron Man: 11
    Cap: 7
    IP: 17
    Loki: 10
    WS: 7

Maybe Iron Patriot is over represented, or maybe that's just a likely statistical fluctuation. The lowest is Killmonger (4) and the highest was a tie between IP and Ultron (17). Right below them was Sparky (16) and IMIW (15) so I don't see an obvious pattern.
  • Options
    Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    While normally I would totally be on board with this theory because I usually pull bad to decent Champs from my 5* crystals, today I actually pulled Stark Spidey from the GP event crystal. My first good pull maybe ever. I guess everyone gets lucky at sometime.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    IP does look a little over represented but those are some solid numbers on Sparky and IMIW also. Looks random so far
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I pulled a 5* KM from my cinematic crystal after duping my 5* Colossus from a 5* basic shard crystal. So, the Kabam gods giveth and taketh away.
  • Options
    This is what I pulled. Awakened star lord.
  • Options
    1wq2g0ucgvec.png