**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5.2.4 help

Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
I need help with 5.2.4. The machoism is a hugepain and is quite hard to bypass.

Comments

• Maso can be really tough depending on your team.

Who are you carrying and who are your options?
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    AA is phenomenal. In general, try and play like they are stun immune. Use champs that do not rely on damage over time effects (not always the case).
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    AA is phenomenal. In general, try and play like they are stun immune. Use champs that do not rely on damage over time effects (not always the case).

I don’t have a 4* AA. I wanted to grind his arena but was unable to because of certain bugs
  • That team can do it. And the other poster had good advice as far as treating it like stun immune. Just never expect the parry to land lol.

Some people try to go with pure damage and avoid damage over time completely. Spark can mostly do that if not using specials. Just build charges and tear stuff up. If you wanna use L2, throw a parry in before you launch the special.

I used dot champs and just overpowered them. The maso is on a timer, so you can give parries to maso so your dot sticks. And the regen isn't too bad in my memory. Blade will work well, rider is a mainstay for me and has the longevity to get it done if needed but lower damage will make it tough. Vp probably isn't going to help too much overall tho
  • User5000User5000 Posts: 89
    Red Hulk awaked is good tio

I suggest you take punisher walk tô avoid the terrible magik

Dont use resonate in materies

Doctor voodoo is good tio

Hyperion is great too
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    If you have OG Thor, you can parry safely, since masochism only nullifies either parry or armor break but not both. Other than that, have as many revives as possible
    Is machoism on 5.2.5?
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Maso can be really tough depending on your team.

Who are you carrying and who are your options?

eccz1g9b3xqi.png
    Here’s my team
    Use sparky just build up ten poise charges and you’ll wreck the enemies

• rnr87rnr87 Posts: 394
    If u have sabertooth or kilmonger say bye too machonism
  • AshburnAshburn Posts: 270
    Is machoism on 5.2.5?

Nope but the next worst thing, Bane
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Ashburn wrote: »
    Is machoism on 5.2.5?

Nope but the next worst thing, Bane
    Bane isn’t that bad
  • Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    Easy way to fight Masochism is duped Morningstar. She regens everytime masochism is triggered. I solo'd this chapter with 5/50 sig 69 MS.

Apart from that, killmonger+Sabretooth help too. Also try Elektra as she reduces AA by 85% everytime a debuff is active on opponents
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Masochism is WAY worse than bane lol, you can't parry with masochism, you can parry with bane
    gecdb3kx48bc.png
    i6inmnwjtabo.png
    cfixoqtgp1kq.png
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Grind HoH and just power through. I was stuck there for a long time, it’s nasty.
    Bahamut wrote: »
    Grind HoH and just power through. I was stuck there for a long time, it’s nasty.

I hate that I’m gonna have too buy units. I really hate it
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    @Austin555555

ARENA!!!!!!!!!

Never buy!
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    @Austin555555

ARENA!!!!!!!!!

Never buy!

I don’t have the time to grind out.
  • Nickname207Nickname207 Posts: 241
    You should have done more preparation: hoard about 1000 units and stack up about 10-15 revives before going in. People didn't tell you about this because you asked about machoism node. But depends on skills, you might not need to use them.
    Anyways still the best advice is: Energy refill is always MUCH cheaper than revive, try again and again to practice against that node, and when you think it's time to power through it with (some) revives, do it. The collector fight is an unavoidable one to take your units and revives though.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    dude, quit if Cable appears IMMEDIATELY, he will kill you with pain over time, start over and save the revives

besides that, starlord and hyperion with fury stacks help me there, don't forget that storm has caltrops
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Take the easy Path, Colossus, is on it. Parry to trigger Masochism, and use DoT. AA, Hyperion. GP, Voodoo, etc. Don't forget that Class Relationships are reversed. Watch out for that Loki before Storm. I found him hella fast. Almost immediate reactions. Good luck. This is where 5.2 starts to get challenging.
    Take the easy Path, Colossus, is on it. Parry to trigger Masochism, and use DoT. AA, Hyperion. GP, Voodoo, etc. Don't forget that Class Relationships are reversed. Watch out for that Loki before Storm. I found him hella fast. Almost immediate reactions. Good luck. This is where 5.2 starts to get challenging.

Collosus was a pain. Surprisingly
  • If you can get killmonger or either black panther with sabertooth synergy, using sabertooth ignores ability accuracy when inflicting a debuff, long enough to negate masochism kicking in. He was awesome on the masochism paths in act 5.3 and 5.4.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Collosus was a pain. Surprisingly

It's the easiest because of the Nodes. Above/Below.
    If you can get killmonger or either black panther with sabertooth synergy, using sabertooth ignores ability accuracy when inflicting a debuff, long enough to negate masochism kicking in. He was awesome on the masochism paths in act 5.3 and 5.4.

I have killmonger as a 4*. I need too awaken him tho, no ST