**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Blade Over-rated??

I have yet to pull a Blade, and it seems like everyone is always freaking out about him. Yet, when there are posts on the 5 star dream team, or the best god tier champ, Stark Spidey comes out on top.

Comments

• Options
    AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    No, he's not
  • Options
    Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 298 ★★★
    Blade is as advertised. His attack is near the highest in the game. He heals. For every bleed stack he gains power which is useful to spam his T2 against any opponent. He reduces abilities against villains and dimensional beings including Mephisto who is immune to ability reduction. When danger sense is active he is the only champ in the game that can ignore node defenses like limber, bleed, and poison nodes.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Only champ I've seen defeat ROL Winter Solider with 0 hits. Maybe quake could as well, but she can't regent if she gets hit like Blade can.

Honestly, with the GR, Stark synergies he is amazing. Add maxed deep wounds and his L2 is on another level for anyone who bleeds and it still does tremendous damage with the synergies, and more-so to villains. I laugh at villains in AW, even though my Blade is only 4*, R5. He makes mince meat out of Green Goblin, Magik, Mephisto, Void, Sentinel, KingPin, Dormammu, Yellow Jacket, M.O.D.O.K, unstoppable Colossus, Juggernaut (insert next villain here) etc. etc. etc.

Is he the answer to everything, no. Not great against a Cable or an IMIW compared to Stark, Medusa or Hyperion, but he can still get the job done in most cases. Is he the answer to a lot, yes.
  • Options
    VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    5/65 Morningstar (with guilly and phisto synergies) one of the best.

5/65 Rulk is pretty damn sweet too.

Just ask @danielmath
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    I have him R5/65 and can tell you, hes not the answer for everything-
    Dominio
    Iceman
    Cornered Nodes
    Biohazzard nodes
    Map 6 Kingpin for new AQ
    Just to name a few things hes not great at.
  • Options
    @Demonzfyre uh he’s probably gunna be pretty good vs Kingpin since he’s a #villain... Just don’t use debuffs and, instead of using Specials, use your power to heal yourself while you bait heavy attacks.

On map 6 of of AQ 5 (new season) kingpin has a node called Unbridled Rage when a DoT debuff is applied making KP significantly harder to beat.
  • Options
    @My_Superior
    Damage over time Debuffs are always converted into Rage Debuffs, and while Overpower is active, they are consumed immediately and reset Overpower's duration. Whenever any damage over time Debuff is removed, Kingpin gains 10% Power immediately.
    The goal with these buffs was the emphasize high base-damage Champions, and reward skilled players who can reliably intercept attacks and bait specials.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    5/65 Morningstar (with guilly and phisto synergies) one of the best.

5/65 Rulk is pretty damn sweet too.

Just ask @danielmath

they are delightful champs, do doubt
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    @Demonzfyre uh he’s probably gunna be pretty good vs Kingpin since he’s a #villain... Just don’t use debuffs and, instead of using Specials, use your power to heal yourself while you bait heavy attacks.

Since Blade applies bleed on well-timed blocks, it would be very difficult to avoid landing DoT debuffs when using Blade against Map 6 Kingpin. That combined with Kingpin's AAR protection makes Blade probably not the best choice there.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Since Blade applies bleed on well-timed blocks, it would be very difficult to avoid landing DoT debuffs when using Blade against Map 6 Kingpin. That combined with Kingpin's AAR protection makes Blade probably not the best choice there.

Blade is the best choice everywhere except bleed or poison node.
  • Options

@DNA3000 I completely forgot about KP's AAR ability in AQ. Even more reason blade wouldn't be first choice
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    People just talk about him too much.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    CapWW2 wrote: »

Technically he's also not a good idea against biohazard. But setting that kind of thing aside, I wouldn't recommend him against Morningstar on Map 5, say. And a high rank Cable would also be a less than favorable match up. But the Map 6 Kingpin seems almost specifically designed to kill Blade and Archangel. There's no way he's the best choice there.
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Domino should be getting more attention my cousin has her as a 5 star rank 1 and after seeing what she can do...
  • Options
    CapWW2 wrote: »

Technically he's also not a good idea against biohazard. But setting that kind of thing aside, I wouldn't recommend him against Morningstar on Map 5, say. And a high rank Cable would also be a less than favorable match up. But the Map 6 Kingpin seems almost specifically designed to kill Blade and Archangel. There's no way he's the best choice there.

Agreed. What I just said? He is not good agaisnt bleed or posion!!!
  • Options
    Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited August 2018
    As an 4* Blade 5/50 (Duped) owner, I feel he's only special with the synergies but he's pretty damn cool with them. He has helped me a lot with some of the hardest bosses on Act 5 (f*** u Modok and Mephisto and mystics) and I still find him pretty reliable in War. He may be overrated on the sense some people say he's the best champ but in all honesty he gets the respect he deserves.

His regen comes very in handy too.
  • Options
    I love my BLADE. I said in the past he is overpowered and his regen is crazy and that is the truth. Still love him. He can beat 95 percent on the content.

Blade GR Spark
    ST Void KM

Are the two ultimate trinities in the game.

I used for my Blade Spark GR Nebula SL and there is not a single content I cannot beat.

The Blade hype is real. There is a reason why everyone that has him ranks him. He is not as good as SW DS Thor pre 12.0 but he is definetly top 5.
  • Options
    I made a joke of LOL using mine and he was rank 4, now he's rank 5 and I took down Rhulk without paying attention---
  • Options
    Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    LOL with Blade? what about Bleed Immunes and/or Heroes? Unless the Sparky you brought with Blade was an 5* 4/55, that must have been tedious...