**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I Feel Like GR Needs to Be Awakened to be God-Tier

TRSIMPTRSIMP Posts: 173
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
I recently pulled a 5* GR and took him to R4 with the help of some rank up gems. I see that he has some great utility and awesome regen, but I feel like he isn't that amazing unduped. He's not really a hard hitter, and I think that would change if he was awakened with the fury that he gains. Am I wrong? Can someone who has a duped GR elaborate on the awakened fury ability? I ask because I do have a 5* generic AG.

Comments

• Bruce12342Bruce12342 Posts: 237
    It’s true. But not worth a generic.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,170 ★★★★★
    But the dups help but Not worth ger
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    More like GR is a "mystic" tier/class champion.
  • TRSIMPTRSIMP Posts: 173
    I figured it wasn't worth the generic. I just don't know why people love GR so much
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I like GR and used an awakening on him before r4 him.

The fury judgement ability doesn't do a whole lot other than a little extra damage, but it also lengthens the other judgement duration if you do it first. Just adds another boost to everything if not just damage.

That being said, don't use a generic on him. Save a generic for a dupe that makes the champion god tier. GR doesn't really change tiers being duped or not. I personally think he changes tiers when paired with blade.
  • PlayerPlayer Posts: 169
    edited August 2018
    I prefer DV over GR.

I have awakened r3 5* of both. Taking DV to r4 tomorrow.

I haven’t been too impressed with GR. Spirit Venom with DV is very useful.

s9xj0339lgi1.png
    g6z29z748xak.png
  • Jestr54Jestr54 Posts: 344
    I got a r5 4* GR and although awakening helps a bit I’d consider him a demi god. The judgments don’t always work (70%). It’s failed me when I needed it the most
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    GR is great for AQ. He has bleed immunity, utility and can regen a ton of health. Very good champ!
  • Crimsontide1616Crimsontide1616 Posts: 303 ★★
    I think ghost rider is god tier - I have him duped rank 4- 5 star. I use him every quest... he can do so much in the game and his character is the definition of a bad arss
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    TRSIMP wrote: »
    I figured it wasn't worth the generic. I just don't know why people love GR so much

It might have less to do with the fact that he is unawakened and more to do with your familiarity with the champion. Ghost Rider is meh if you play him like anything else, but he becomes much better if you understand how his judgments work and can manipulate them to your benefit.

Short version: each judgment you land lasts longer than the previous one, because each one buffs the duration of the next one cumulatively. So basically, GR's judgments give him a bleed, a fate seal, a power drain, a life steal, and a Damnation which acts as a combo fate seal, heal block and power lock. His awakened ability also gives him an attack boost. By default all these effects don't last for every long, but the *order* you land them changes how long they last. For example, the Damnation on his special three attack is very useful, but by default it only lasts 3.5 seconds. However, if you land it after landing four other judgments, that effect will be about four times longer, or about 14 seconds. It is possible to stretch out the life steal to approaching thirty seconds this way.

The awakened ability does two things for GR. First, it adds the attack boost judgment and depending on how you use it you could get that boost for anywhere from 7.5 seconds to something like 35 seconds. Second, it adds a potential judgment stack so every other effect's maximum duration can be higher.

But the performance you get out of GR will depend on the order you stack judgments, and which ones you prioritize and apply later rather than earlier. You could have a lot of attack boost or a really long fate seal or a ton of heal, but you cannot get all of them at full duration simultaneously. Some effect must be the short meaningless one, some have to be in the middle, and one gets to be the long one. Whether this makes him good, great, or fantastic is a matter of opinion.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    GR is god tier.....
    Bleed immune....
    one of the best regen in game..... (maybe only blades might be better)
    great utility.....
    he has some of the best surviveability....

how many champs can go into ROL take on fights that last for 900 hits and come out with 100% health???
    how many champs can go into any fight and regen from 20% to almost full very very easily????
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    GR is god tier.....
    Bleed immune....
    great utility.....

how many champs can go into ROL take on fights that last for 900 hits and come out with 100% health???
    how many champs can go into any fight and regen from 20% to almost full very very easily????

Wolverine, X-23, Rogue, MS at 5 souls, SW if you're lucky, Cable if you're lucky too, to name a few
    Granted not all of them are reliable, but Wolvie is just as good if not better
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    GR is really good but needs the Blade synergy for those judgments to consistently stick and therefore be god-tier. The one big drawback is that he has pillow hands.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    GR is god tier.....
    Bleed immune....
    great utility.....

Wolverine, X-23, Rogue, MS at 5 souls, SW if you're lucky, Cable if you're lucky too, to name a few
    Granted not all of them are reliable, but Wolvie is just as good if not better

"If you're lucky" can be very problematic for Cable, SW, X-23, and Wolverine. I love Rogue but her heal is not quite as good as GR. I don't have as much experience with MS, but I think it is similarly less effective.

Wolverine also isn't available as a 5*, and the OP was discussing 5* GR. He is someone that can go into RoL and come out with full health as Maat inquired, but he isn't more generally comparable to GR overall.
  • Crimsontide1616Crimsontide1616 Posts: 303 ★★
    Solrac_2 wrote: »
    GR is really good but needs the Blade synergy for those judgments to consistently stick and therefore be god-tier. The one big drawback is that he has pillow hands.

I agree with the first part about the judgments
    However, carnage has pillow hands. Vision has pillow hands. Ghost rider may not do blade damage but he is better than most champs , especially awakened
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,362 ★★★★★
    He's a bit pillow hands, but getting a 10% Attack boost from a Mephisto synergy can help somewhat. He also hits villains harder (better crit rate and judgement chances), although not as noticeably as Blade does.
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    His regen is amazing, his special 1 is soooo useful for many bosses. Awakening him makes him a bit stronger. Though helps a lot with the regen.