**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Spidergwen’s speical 1

Is it just me or is this Sp1 attack completely useless? Maybe I’m not playing her right...

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    It’s useless ;)
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    The gripe against this champ is no damage to opponent on using special 1.

So, the way to play her is, first use special 1 to change mode into either hunter or trap.

With hunter mode, special 2 will have a chance to stun and armor break (if Sig is awaken).

With trap mode, special 2 will cause fatigue and charge heavy for increased crit rate (if Sig is awaken). While heavy, the first hit by opponent is ignored (Quake's is evade).

In trap mode, higher chance to evade. So, if you put her on unblockable special one, actually, I have yet to encounter a spider-gwen on that node. :)
  • RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    Main use is to annoy people on aw defense on special 1 bias
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    Totally useless mechanic
    When WS can switch between 3 ammo types , why does SG need an entire special to change modes?

And imagine pulling her as a 5*...what a pain in the butt
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    You can hold her block to change stances too
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    Her sp1 kills Thanos with a snap of the finger
  • Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    Rajuteda wrote: »
    Totally useless mechanic
    When WS can switch between 3 ammo types , why does SG need an entire special to change modes?

Don't have to imagine.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Rogue42 wrote: »
    Rajuteda wrote: »
    Totally useless mechanic

Don't have to imagine.

Trust me, I don't either. Pulled her about a month ago.

Still. If there's one thing I'm happy about from having got her, it's that I've now had a decent shot at thinking of how she could be buffed. And I don't think she'd need to have a change in her sp1 to do so.

Seriously, just make it so her sp1 gives her a crapton of powerful buffs. And maybe make it so that Hunter Spider mode gives evade in there, but Trap Spider mode gives a different effect.

Here's an example:
    100%-150% fury (20 seconds) (extra potency with higher sig level)
    x1.5 crit chance, +200-300% crit damage (15 seconds) (extra potency with higher sig level)
    If in Hunter Spider Mode: 15 seconds of 25-33% evade (chance dependant on sig level, maybe?) (equivalent to Symbiote Spidey's evade after a special)
    If in Trap Spider Mode: Unstoppable (+ Unblockable if awakened) for 2-2.5 seconds (once the animation ends) (duration dependant on sig level)
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Her main use is to show contempt for your opponents in aw by using her to take down their boss