**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Grinding 3*s

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
I always Grind 3*s when they're released. At least I make an effort to. I'm a Collector at heart, plus they're good for testing. Easy to get, easy to Awaken and Sig up. Just wondering who else still Grinds 3*s. I told a former Member, and he said it was a waste of time. Not that I'm bothered. I'll still Grind. Lol. Anyone else out there?

Comments

• TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    I started doing that from masacre until now. Before that i did a few when i wanted to, like IMIW and sabretooth, but skipping CAIW and bishop and sentinel
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Fair. I've been doing it since I started. Going on 3 years now. I've missed a few. Drives me crazy. Lol. It all depends how tired I am, or if I have to work, or whatever else is going on.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    plus they're good for testing.

See you more in Strategy and Tips section?

• Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    There are a few I have upgraded and they were certainly killer: Iceman, Scarlet Witch, Phoenix...
    The problem was that when I got my 4* and 5*, they had to be sold to upgrade the main team
    Not that I regret it and I miss them, but, hey, I am not made of money...
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    I've done it in the past, but I am burned out on arena nowadays. I'll do them, but I won't go past milestones, if I even get to them all to begin with.
    An alliance member of ours though, has played from day one and has always done all the three star arenas right up to this day. He never does the other arenas, he collects the three stars, awakens them, then maxes them. A true collector. His 4* and 5* champs are RNG, but his 3* roster is complete. Well and truly.
    There are a few I have upgraded and they were certainly killer: Iceman, Scarlet Witch, Phoenix...
    The problem was that when I got my 4* and 5*, they had to be sold to upgrade the main team
    Not that I regret it and I miss them, but, hey, I am not made of money...

You don't need to sell champions to upgrade others
  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    I used to do it but now I rather do the other arenas for shards. Plus some of these 3* will be available from login crystal.
  • JohnPaulBusuJohnPaulBusu Posts: 85
    edited September 2018
    I have gotten every 3* except for immortal iron fist (need luck from max sig crystals) and ghost (missed her cos I was on holiday)
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    i don't grind for them, but i like ranking up 3* champs, i got 30 at max level now
    Grind 3*s>max them>use them to grind for more 3*s> repeat
    That's basically what I'm gonna do
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    I can't grind the 7 million for 4 star arenas. So I grind 3 star arenas for just 1 million more easy and less grinding my butt off.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    I do it if I want to see if I want to save for a 5 star featured
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    I do the same for a cascade effect. The faster I get 3*, the easier would be to dupe them and get 4* shards, which would give me a chance to dupe them and get 5*shards...
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    some time i do go for 3 stars as i cant do 4 and 5 star but i love getting new champ even as 3 star
    Grind 3*s>max them>use them to grind for more 3*s> repeat
    That's basically what I'm gonna do

That's my motto. I also use them for the Basic. It's almost double what I Grind with my 4*s. Plus, I just like collecting them, and with my Roster, it's an easy one.
    winterthur wrote: »
    plus they're good for testing.

See you more in Strategy and Tips section?

Might be a tip, but I'm just explaining my view. More of a discussion, really.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I got 3*s from the arena when I was in the beginner's bracket. Had no idea how close I was to getting 4*s lol. I have never tried for a 3* since. Usually do 3-6 million in the 5* depending on time and sometimes run some milestones in the basic arena.
    I got 3*s from the arena when I was in the beginner's bracket. Had no idea how close I was to getting 4*s lol. I have never tried for a 3* since. Usually do 3-6 million in the 5* depending on time and sometimes run some milestones in the basic arena.
    Yeah, it's a bit obsessive on my part, but I have to get them all. Lol. I'm always Grinding multiple Arenas for Resources. Unless I'm focusing on a Champ or need Cats. Probably the reason I don't run out of Gold as well.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Yeah, it's a bit obsessive on my part, but I have to get them all. Lol. I'm always Grinding multiple Arenas for Resources. Unless I'm focusing on a Champ or need Cats. Probably the reason I don't run out of Gold as well.

What's weird is that I haven't had any gold issues really ever, certainly not since the first Gold Realm quest. Don't grind that much arena and currently have over 19 million gold.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    i do it every single arena.....
    i grind 1.3 - 2mil depending on how i feel......

i have every single 3* in the game.....
    all maxed out....
    except or IIF....
    and OGV (didnt buy him.... now i regret that.... cant wait for his next offer)
    i am a hoarder.....

Great to see i am not the only one......

and i am buying these 2* crystals so i have all the rare 2*.....
    very dissapointed there is no AA or psyloke in them as i could not pull them from the x-force crystals...
    so still missing those.....
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    i do it every single arena.....
    i grind 1.3 - 2mil depending on how i feel......

i have every single 3* in the game.....
    all maxed out....
    except or IIF....
    and OGV (didnt buy him.... now i regret that.... cant wait for his next offer)
    i am a hoarder.....

Great to see i am not the only one......

and i am buying these 2* crystals so i have all the rare 2*.....
    very dissapointed there is no AA or psyloke in them as i could not pull them from the x-force crystals...
    so still missing those.....

I'll have to check tomorrow. I don't have AA. I might have Psylocke, but I think I could have missed her as well.
    edited September 2018

What's weird is that I haven't had any gold issues really ever, certainly not since the first Gold Realm quest. Don't grind that much arena and currently have over 19 million gold.

Yeah I have a steady flow. Ranking plays a part as well for me. I pace myself. I never go for broke. I still Rank steadily, but I'll do it in patches, depending on when I have time to run for Cats. I like having options for SA and Level Up each week too.
    Actually, I have a bunch to do soon. I'm sitting on a pile of 4*s that need Ranked. Among which are Ghulk, Iceman, Sparky....Lol.
    edited September 2018

Yeah I have a steady flow. Ranking plays a part as well for me. I pace myself. I never go for broke. I still Rank steadily, but I'll do it in patches, depending on when I have time to run for Cats. I like having options for SA and Level Up each week too.

i have 86 2*. All maxed except for my 7 new additions
    aiming for OML, Rogue, MK, DD, CB. that should give me all the rare 2* except for AA and psyloke i think. Marvel insider is a great way to get some rare 2*.

i have 126 3* all maxed and duped....... out of 128 available 3* that is pretty darn good. my proudest achievment. one day i hope to ad IIF to my collection.

i have 98 4* all at 3/30 or above.....

i only have 29 5* and some are still at 1/25....
    i only have 1 6*. mr JuggerMan....

and currently sitting on 9 million gold
    That bloody IIF. Every Max Sig I think could be the one. Every one I roll is NOT the one. Lol.
    i am saving a bunch of MAX sig crystals... hoping that opening hundreds at once will get me one.....
    I thought of that. Until I saw COWhale. Lol.
    2* korg will be joining my roster later this month thanks to marvel insider......
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    2* korg will be joining my roster later this month thanks to marvel insider......

Same. I actually tried to find a list of all the ones available and I couldn't. One on another Website was slightly incomplete.
    http://marvel-contestofchampions.wikia.com/wiki/Tier

the wikia is pretty accurate
    jhust checking now to see just how accurate it is