**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Grinding 3*s

2»

Comments

• Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I'll grind a 3-star in a heartbeat if it's an old-school iteration of a character, a classic version, that I am familiar with.

For example: I will grind for Omega Red and Emma Frost. No doubt.

When it comes to newer characters that I have less of a history with, say...Masacre, for instance. I had absolutely no clue who that was. Then I am less likely to slot the time to grind and more likely to take a break from that week's Arena.

That is how I avoid lengthy stretches of burnout. I am pretty diligent about putting in the work required for progression, but at some point, I have friends/family/other interests and responsibilities, and I make sure I take care of those things, too.

I don't mind ranking up 3-stars. I used to have every single one ranked up, no joke. I fell behind, likely for good, once I started getting better 5-stars. That's where my gold and Iso goes now, as well as a few more 4-stars I am taking to 5/50 as a pet project.

TL:DR: I still value 3-stars, will grind for them, find them useful
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    it is missing atleast a few of the recent additions to the 2* varieties....
    AA, CAIW, DD classic, falcon, korg (will be soon), rogue,

i dont have
    DD Netflix,

so after these crystal i think i will be missing only AA, Psyloke and Netflix DD.... i mayb missing something else though... **edit** ...also taskmaster and nebula

** EDIT**
    this link show taskmaster and nebula also.....
    but doesnt show AA or Psyloke..... it appears otherwise complete.......
    http://hook.github.io/champions/#/roster/add/2
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I have every "normal" 3* except for Sentinel and Sabretooth. I also missed the Corvus arena but just pulled him from a PHC a few days ago (funny enough also got the 4* version today via a 4* crystal). Couldn't justify the real $ for Deadpool and Vision, despite DP being my favorite Marvel character.

Grind for the new ones almost every time, awaken them, then take straight to 4/40. Have at least 70 maxed 3* champs and with boosts can almost get every milestone on a single pass. I can easily hit 1.2m points just playing my "fun" champs in 3 rounds.

Then when these Uncanny events come through, I have plenty to choose from (have also maxed out 40+ 2* champs).
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    I have every "normal" 3* except for Sentinel and Sabretooth. I also missed the Corvus arena but just pulled him from a PHC a few days ago (funny enough also got the 4* version today via a 4* crystal). Couldn't justify the real $ for Deadpool and Vision, despite DP being my favorite Marvel character.

Grind for the new ones almost every time, awaken them, then take straight to 4/40. Have at least 70 maxed 3* champs and with boosts can almost get every milestone on a single pass. I can easily hit 1.2m points just playing my "fun" champs in 3 rounds.

Then when these Uncanny events come through, I have plenty to choose from (have also maxed out 40+ 2* champs).

I missed Sentinel and Heimdall. I'll be waiting for Heim.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    I play since the beginning of the game, and I did every arena for the 3-star champ starting with the vision arena back in 2015. A lot of people just go there to collect and use them on level up events, and also to increase their rating.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Awesome.
  • Options
    XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    I grind the 3 stars out if it is a three star I don’t have, not including featureds, I have grinded for characters I didn’t have, nightcrawler, Loki, but other than that, it’s not always worth the effort, for me at least, 700k Is easy enough though