Options

Kabam please read your own announcements before commenting

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    RWW12 wrote: »
    @Kabam Lyra you keep telling us that md will be available to rank up on 9/11 and that we should read the announcement. But the announcement says, it will be available to test out as of 9/5. This supposed to be the time that we try it out so we can decide if we would like to re purchase it after the 9/11 cutoff. Please re read through the announcement and explain why people that have already unlocked and purchased md can not unlock it at this point.

Hello,

The ability to purchase Mystic Dispersion was locked on August 31 and it cannot be purchased again until September 11. If you didn't have it on that date, unfortunately, you cannot participate in testing the changes.

I don't have a horse in this race as I had no intention of testing the new system and will leave the mastery locked once it's changed and refunded.

However, from a customer service standpoint, can't you at least see why people are confused? The language is ambiguous at best, deceptive at worst.

I've heard plenty of people use the term "purchase" when referring to unlocking a mastery for the first time. I've never heard it used when reallocating mastery points to masteries that have already been unlocked. So my interpretation was that after August 31, you'd no longer be able to unlock new levels. This is especially true since it says that the ability to purchase MORE levels will be locked. It didn't say the ability to purchase EXISTING levels will be locked.

This statement is followed by letting people know that August 5-11 is when they can test the new mastery. This heavily implies that they'll have access to whatever is currently available to them without restriction. If they only had level 3 unlocked, they will be unable to test levels 4 & 5 since the ability to purchase more levels was locked on August 31st.

I'm not asking you to change your position, but I am asking you to maybe look at this from another angle. As someone who worked in customer service for many years, treating the customer like THEY did something incorrectly is not the way to go. From a linguistic standpoint, the statement given on this subject is ambiguous. Admitting that would go a long way to easing tensions. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,565 ★★★★★
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    RWW12 wrote: »
    @Kabam Lyra you keep telling us that md will be available to rank up on 9/11 and that we should read the announcement. But the announcement says, it will be available to test out as of 9/5. This supposed to be the time that we try it out so we can decide if we would like to re purchase it after the 9/11 cutoff. Please re read through the announcement and explain why people that have already unlocked and purchased md can not unlock it at this point.

Hello,

The ability to purchase Mystic Dispersion was locked on August 31 and it cannot be purchased again until September 11. If you didn't have it on that date, unfortunately, you cannot participate in testing the changes.

I don't have a horse in this race as I had no intention of testing the new system and will leave the mastery locked once it's changed and refunded.

However, from a customer service standpoint, can't you at least see why people are confused? The language is ambiguous at best, deceptive at worst.

I've heard plenty of people use the term "purchase" when referring to unlocking a mastery for the first time. I've never heard it used when reallocating mastery points to masteries that have already been unlocked. So my interpretation was that after August 31, you'd no longer be able to unlock new levels. This is especially true since it says that the ability to purchase MORE levels will be locked. It didn't say the ability to purchase EXISTING levels will be locked.

This statement is followed by letting people know that August 5-11 is when they can test the new mastery. This heavily implies that they'll have access to whatever is currently available to them without restriction. If they only had level 3 unlocked, they will be unable to test levels 4 & 5 since the ability to purchase more levels was locked on August 31st.

I'm not asking you to change your position, but I am asking you to maybe look at this from another angle. As someone who worked in customer service for many years, treating the customer like THEY did something incorrectly is not the way to go. From a linguistic standpoint, the statement given on this subject is ambiguous. Admitting that would go a long way to easing tensions. Just my 2 cents.

Have to single out this phrase as something totally on point: “...treating the customer like THEY did something incorrectly is not the way to go.”

Bravo.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi all!

We apologize for the confusion caused by some of the wording related to the timing of the rollout of the changes to Mystic Dispersion. We know everyone is excited to try out the changes as soon as possible. Based on your feedback, we discussed and looked into whether or not we could consider unlocking it earlier. Since this is technically feasible, we are going to go ahead and unlock the Mastery today instead of on September 11. For more details about exactly how this change and the refunds associated will work, check out the updated announcement thread.

We appreciate your feedback around this topic and hope that you enjoy trying out the updated Mystic Dispersion over the next few days! And if you have any more feedback or questions about the changes, please contribute to the official discussion thread here.
This discussion has been closed.