**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Magik is too powerful.

2»

Comments

• Options
    GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    edited May 2017
    xxVINMANxx wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone mention Quake yet.
    Takes practice but I enjoy fighting Magik with "Quake charging".

I can't quite recall if MD has an effect while using her besides the occasional dexterity usage.
    Beating Magik without her ever getting a bar of power is...tricky yet very satisfying. :)

I was going to comment with this before I read yours.
    I think most people just don't know how Quake works. She still works on immunity.. She just doesn't stun.
  • Options
    ALIENALIEN Posts: 34
    I've tried using 5* Hawkeye on magik and it seems effective... try it
  • Options
    WWWEZWWWEZ Posts: 13
    edited May 2017
    BW prevents Limbo triggering with HE/Quake team.. not sure about the specific sig levels of each magik, but works fine for me (AW)
  • Options
    Captain_HeroCaptain_Hero Posts: 93
    edited June 2017
    I disagree with this. We beat Magik all the time in AW. Dormammu is the toughest boss now. People need to stop raging about nerfing champs just because they can't personally beat them.
  • Options
    NEONEO Posts: 347
    Magik is perfect the way she is...
  • Options
    DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    If any node is your concern you should get and use pacify mastery. Manage the power meter and time your parry right and you can negate limbo.

8ospcxa18wn4.png

A lot of players mentioning champ specific work arounds, but ive found this mastery works best, especially when used with a power control champ.

I can understand complaints about her on immune nodes or boss node, as pacify is no longer affective, but all other nodes she is more than managable with pacify.

Hope this helps! :)

I always run pacify, and for the most part I agree with you. The problem still then lies in stun immune. This does not help for left/top miniboss, or main boss as both nodes (among others) are stun immune.
    There's no perfect counter to Magik right now.
    Not that there necessarily needs to be. But that's up for debate it seems.
  • Options
    Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    edited June 2017
    I have a duped R5 Magik (sig lvl 45) with MD3 that I use as our defender boss and I watched her get wrecked in our last AW in 3 or 4 fights. It made me sad. They had a couple of Caps on their team, so they weren't filling her meter with expiring buffs. I also solo'd our opponent's Magik boss with X23 (luckily, they did not have MD) and that made me happy. But we ended up losing the war and I was sad again. But I digress....

Point is, she can be beaten fairly easily if you have the right champs and/or a decent amount of skill.
  • Options
    DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    I have a duped R5 Magik (sig lvl 45) with MD3 that I use as our defender boss and I watched her get wrecked in our last AW in 3 or 4 fights. It made me sad. They had a couple of Caps on their team, so they weren't filling her meter with expiring buffs. I also solo'd our opponent's Magik boss with X23 (luckily, they did not have MD) and that made me happy. But we ended up losing the war and I was sad again. But I digress....

Point is, she can be beaten fairly easily if you have the right champs and/or a decent amount of skill.

R5 4* /=/ r4 5*
    MD lvl 3 /=/ MD lvl 5
    MD lvl 0 /=/ MD lvl 5...
    That's not having the right champs. That's having (no offense) under developed players create an entirely different scenario than the rest of us are experiencing.
    While I agree with your end statement, your situation does literally nothing to back it up.
  • Options
    BreenioBreenio Posts: 115
    Sudubu wrote: »
    So let me get this straight, kabam, you nerfed regen champs in alliance wars and for what reason? They were too powerful? Yet a magik can be put on basically any node and can full wipe your team just from her limbo. That seems a bit ridiculous, don't you think? That's not even including the fact that she can have mystic dispersion to further add to the limbo frequency. And to all those that will say "well you can use your own magik to counteract her limbo" you obviously haven't fought a 5* magik that's immune to debuffs.

I use black widow and she rarely triggers limbo except on specials. Just use other champs who reduce defensive ability accuracy and you're good to go.
  • Options
    PsyCri wrote: »
    All champs that reduce enemy defensive ability accuracy! With a 4* will be difficult to solo a magik as a boss but with a 5* if u do it right u can solo a 200k boss magik! for example a 5* Gwenpool can kill her easy (not that easy on de buff immune but she may be able to solo here there too,if not solo sure deal some very high damage) but CB,Falcon,(i don't prefer widow any more but she can also deal some damage),Psylock(after a lot of practice)Archangel(but obviously only when magik is not on a de buff immune spot) power burn champs may not kill her but they can do some work,Karnak an other option but probably the less good according to he rest and also I m not suggesting this BUT guilotine deal double damage magik when u have used a special 2 on her and her limbo activates... u will die fast BUT if the signature ability of guilotine is 99 you will have some nice chances to steal life and stay alive more (ofc this is not referring to debuff immune) I just wanna say I didn't mention quake because she is a hard champ,she can't bring u amazing results unless learn her perfect!

Oh the grammar. But really a Gwenpool? She isn't a better champ than Magik.
  • Options
    BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Now you guys have A magik killer its blade
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    jeyrey2000 wrote: »
    I think Limbo should be able to be staggered or even buff stolen by Loki or Rogue. Then we would have a different game entirely and then we might see other champs in AW on offense and defense.

Over all i think any buff that shows up should be stealable. There seems to be some that can be staggered and others that cannot. Make buffs equal.

Agree 1,000%. If it's a buff, it should be able to be stolen or nullified, counterspelled, or staggered, or trigger Ronan's Signature Ability, stuff like that

That might not stop all of the MD/Mystic character usage, but it's a start. Being able to steal Limbo would put a stop to some of that