**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why doesn’t coldsnap activate face me

I was wondering why the passive damage from coldsnap does not activate face me on Ghulk

Comments

• Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Coldsnap is active DOT, Face Me triggers for passive DOT effects
  • Options
    ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    Yea but it is passive at the start of fight and all passive have a DOT effect
  • Options
    KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Put it this way
    Coldsnap is a debuff. It can be taken away by tenacity, purify, masochism, etc.
    Face me is not activated by debuffs.
  • Options
    ThatGuy214 wrote: »
    Yea but it is passive at the start of fight and all passive have a DOT effect

Coldsnap is not a passive effect at the start of the fight. I have no idea what you mean by all passives having a DoT effect, because that's not true.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    You gotta recognize the difference between active and passive debuffs/buffs. Active ones have a white-ish ring at their border, passive ones are one solid color throughout.
  • Options
    Karuseus wrote: »
    Put it this way
    Coldsnap is a debuff. It can be taken away by tenacity, purify, masochism, etc.
    Face me is not activated by debuffs.

There is a lot of confusion surrounding the terminology, but Face Me is activated by passive damage over time effects. Some of those are debuffs: there is no rule that says Face Me is not activated by debuffs. For example, many degen effects are passive damage over time debuffs, as Kabam uses those terms. I'm pretty sure Dormammu's awakened degen is a passive damage over time debuff.

For an example of a Kabam statement regarding what a "passive damage over time debuff" is, refer to this tech note: http://kabam.force.com/PKB/articles/en_US/FAQ/Health-Degeneration-Battle-Effect
  • Options
    KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    I hate Kabam terminology...
    I always refer to debuff as white ring surrounded thing that interacts with willpower and tenacity, purify etc

To me it’s either buff/debuff, or passive effect. ‘Passive buff/debuff’ makes no sense, and causes so much confusion

Or better yet, kabam should start phrasing things as ‘active buff/debuff’ and ‘passive buff/debuff’
    Does it make sense? Not quite but at least it will reduce the amount of confusion
  • Options
    TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Here's all the passive DoTs that face me works on as of now:
    Critical failure
    Limbo
    Aura of incineration
    Dorm's degen
    Starburst
    Goldpool's bleed(with AV/mordo synergy)
    If I'm not wrong omega red also triggers it.

• Options
    HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 374
    Yes Omega Red trigger it

I try :)