**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sentinel vs Mutants

Well with new danger room boss being sentinel, can only use mutants, what are the best mutants to kill that soab?

Comments

• Try Storm and Magneto (energy damage). Be a little patient and bait out his special 1, not unless you are proficient at evading his special 2 (3 backs).
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    Storm is good, wolverine also helped with his regen.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    X-23 is probably a good choice, too.
  • Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    Yeah, trouble is I dont really have the resources to waste to level them up to have a chance, I get that this isn't suppsoed to be easy, we are using 2/3 star champs, todays one just seems like a cash cow to waste resources to me, one of the main things I love about mutants is the bleed/regen, sentinel is a pain for both of those reasons, can't understand how they choose the bosses for these danger rooms. is it just the way to waste the most resources or just to screw us over
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    Cyclops might be great with his armour break, storm was good and iceman with frostbites and coldsnap
  • Spidey983Spidey983 Posts: 93
    I thought it was just me who was having trouble today. I'm glad that's not the case lol.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    I used AA as a first champ test run (didn't think I'd beat him) but 376 hits later the fight was over..
    My advice don't use AA..
    Even better advice give this one a miss its not worth it..
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Looking down this list:
    x23 did terrible. Not sure what was up, but she wasn't procing her cruelty buff, so dmg was terrible.
    Cyclops armor break doesn't last long enough to be much of a game changer, plus he still hit like a wet noodle (20-40 dmg per hit) even with 2 armor breaks up.
    I tried Cable...though I would degen him to death with the heavy attack, afterwards realized that Cable's degen only effects non-robotic champs. Tried to burn him to death with SP2, but it did like 7 burn per tick with my 2* Cable.
    OG Mags did terrible. Mine is maxed 3* and i hit him 181 times and he still didn't die. After a 181 hit combo, I messed up and took 1 heavy and the shock dmg killed me.
    Storm seemed like my best option in both Epic and Master, though I only finally used her after he was in assassin range, so can't say how she would have done over the entire fight.

But no matter how you slice it, this definitely the toughest day so far. Mutants are terrible against him. Shouldn't take over 200 hits to kill a champ with such meh rewards.
    Agreed the time, effort and resources wasted into level up weak champions, which one danger rooms end, will fade back into the dust like they never existed, for 150 5* shards a day is awesomely bad
  • NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    edited September 2018
    I am assume most of the problem revolves around the critical resistance that the sentinals build up, and they do it in an incredibly rapid fashion vs mutants. The one where you could use 3* was not too bad, but the gifted with 2* is incredibly poorly tuned. Its a good thing they test everything before release.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    I used X-Men synergies with a r4 Storm, r4 Wolverine, r4 Red Magneto, r4 Cable, and r1 Red Cyclops. Master difficulty still took me two tries. Storm was the MVP.
    Narcuul wrote: »
    I am assume most of the problem revolves around the critical resistance that the sentinals build up, and they do it in an incredibly rapid fashion vs mutants. The one where you could use 3* was not too bad, but the gifted with 2* is incredibly poorly tuned. Its a good thing they test everything before release.

There I was thinking they only tested the bugs when they were found, because I am unsure if they tested the reactions of the community for these danger rooms, great idea in theory, terrible release, with even worse rewards for the minimun amount of time/effort/resources required. I mean How many people here have actually worked on ANY of their 2 stars they moment they got 4' champs. even a single basic 1/10 4' makes all 2 ' champs obsolete
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    Rogue is my MVP for him. She can take back some health from him. Just make sure to bait Special 1 or 2 will heal block even if you block.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    TheVyrus wrote: »
    Rogue is my MVP for him. She can take back some health from him. Just make sure to bait Special 1 or 2 will heal block even if you block.

I understand Rogue’s sustainability, but how many hits did it take you?
    Pennmabob wrote: »
    Narcuul wrote: »

There I was thinking they only tested the bugs when they were found, because I am unsure if they tested the reactions of the community for these danger rooms, great idea in theory, terrible release, with even worse rewards for the minimun amount of time/effort/resources required. I mean How many people here have actually worked on ANY of their 2 stars they moment they got 4' champs. even a single basic 1/10 4' makes all 2 ' champs obsolete

Lol most of my two stars are maxed, so I don't know what ur talking about

Each to their own I guess, as soon as I got some 4 stars I stopped using my 2 and 3 stars altogether, only focused on level those as they would be far more useful later than all the the 3 stars, let alone the 2 stars. Danger rooms are great, havent denied that. I just think they need to look at better ways to implement new content like this
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    Oh man, today's Danger Room fights were getting to "Is this really worth it?" territory given the rewards.

Magneto delayed the complete analysis a bit with his decrease of ability accuracy on metals. However after the fact, it didn't help much. I felt Cyclops' armor break may have been the best because it still helped with damage.

Either way, a 250 hit fight just for 100 or 50 5* shards (depending with Uncanny you do) didn't feel like it was worth the time.
    The toughness of todays danger room in particular, I'd rather spend all day fighting the collecter/maestro, end game content and ****, at least theres some decent rewards for beating them, the effort to even have a chance at beating sentinel is madness, 5k hp Iceman, dead in 4 hits.
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    Wolverine and X-23 sucked. Storm, Rogue and, especially, Iceman did well.
  • Alex_sc11Alex_sc11 Posts: 191
    edited September 2018
    Bishop was really good (i have him both in 2* and 3*) what I did was end the Ronan fight with 2 bars this way the special 2 at the beginning of the fight hits hard (specially if you do a couple of parries before releasing the special)

From there with Mags I try not to generate analysis charges, the best way was:

Parry
    L + M+ L + M combos
    Dodge
    Parry
    oscillate between sp 2 & 3

When the sentinel releases the special try to dex the first part of the beam / rockets , block the second and dex the final part. This way I did like a 40 hit combo without proc any analysis charges.

Hope this helps
  • Narcuul wrote: »

I always rank them all up eventually, as the rank up resources required are trivial, and they give me points in rank up events.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    While I personally had a rough time based on the 3* mutants I had available.. my alliance mates told me storm, magneto and bishop were great.
  • Honestly, i dont have any problems since i have 3* maxed SL with max sig. 🤣
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    David12364 wrote: »
    Honestly, i dont have any problems since i have 3* maxed SL with max sig. 🤣

Then you didnt do today's room. Today was mutants only. Nice try tho :)
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    David12364 wrote: »
    Honestly, i dont have any problems since i have 3* maxed SL with max sig. 🤣

Ah, trolling. When there is nothing else left to say, we troll
  • Ofc, dont be sad if u cannot finish quest.. Just stay positive and enjoy the game 👍
  • ZJoePZJoeP Posts: 11
    Came looking for a thread like this. Today's boss seemed ridiculously hard to beat. Glad I'm not alone.
  • Edge234Edge234 Posts: 38
    3* PSY, power lock for the entire fight, 1 heavy 9k damage. game over
    2* cyclops with 258 hits was fun