**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why don’t AQ/AW fights recover when the game crashes

PlayerPlayer Posts: 169
edited September 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Kabam, WTH!!!

It’s bad enough that specials get blocked mid-combo, but now you have to steal half my health by crashing before a fight even started in AQ when I’m forced to take a bleed path with non-bleed champs because a team mate lost their bleed immune and we need the path down?

Let me make it easy for you: I don’t need to kill the game to restart fights, but I do need to have all my health available to me.

This isn’t the first time it’s happened, I’ve been noticing it a lot lately. I generally reach the AQ boss on map 5 with close to full health, unless of course you do this to me. Today I lost a champ for the first time because I started a fight with Hulk (Ragnorak) on a bleed node and the game crashed before the fight even began. When I restarted, HawkEye was down 50% from where he had been (~50% health after taking bleed damage from the previous two nodes). This meant starting a fight on a bleed node with 25% health when I did nothing wrong!!!

I’m getting sick and tired of this, I think you should just stop taking away health if the game exits. While it’s true that some people probably use this to help them If they make a mistake in a fight, that’s probably less than the thousands you punish for your own bugs.

Before you thInk to blame my network or something, I have a 1 gigabit symmetric (1gig down/1 gig up) internet connection at home, it doesn’t vary and I never have any issues with anything *except* your game.

So either stop halving my champs health for your own issues or fix your code, I’m a professional programmer (I used to work on the Windows Kernel before taking time off to pursue a PhD), I know some issues can be tricky to locate especially in a distributed environment, however, I also know how to write code that can handle error conditions gracefully without causing what is essentially data corruption.

I play this game just to take a break from my research and writing my thesis so I don’t get to spend a lot of time each day playing but it’s really frustrating when it penalizes me for its own shortcomings.

Comments

• Options
    JustusCastrumJustusCastrum Posts: 149
    Because people abused this by force closing the game themselves when they were about to lose a fight.
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    My first fight in AQ Season 5 was immediately crashed upon hitting the 'Fight' button. Didn't see the fight screen/champ which was going to be a Sentinal and lost half health. I'm down for getting half health as you can force quit a fight BUT it would be nice to add an additional layer to how the clean restart could be triggered. If there is/was detailed game information that could be used to identify immediate crashes, the ones where you don't even see the champ you are coming up against, that would be nice.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    It became an exploit. People were continually force-closing and restarting.
  • Options
    PlayerPlayer Posts: 169
    edited September 2018
    I understand that, however, I never get a fight restarted when the game crashes in AQ/AW even though it restarts in quest mode. At the very least just restart the fight because I never even got to see it. I just pressed the Fight! button and the game exited.

At the very least, a fight should only be recorded as starting when the two champs are running at one another and the READY or FIGHT words are displayed. Prior to that no interaction between the two has occurred so there is no reason to punish anyone...
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Player wrote: »
    I understand that, however, I never get a fight restarted when the game crashes in AQ/AW even though it restarts in quest mode. At the very least just restart the fight because I never even got to see it. I just pressed the Fight! button and the game exited.

At the very least, a fight should only be recorded as starting when the two champs are running at one another and the READY or FIGHT words are displayed. Prior to that no interaction between the two has occurred so there is no reason to punish anyone...

It can still be abused since just starting the fight reveals hidden nodes. While less important in AQ it's more important in AW.
  • Options
    mtibbi24mtibbi24 Posts: 7
    But you lose attack bonus by doing that, Demonzfyre.