Loyalty is a thing of the past.

There was a time when alliances would stay together for years at a time. When anyone leaving an alliance was because of an emergency or personal. All that changed with the introduction of AW season 2. Now turnover is horrible. Top tier alliances require perfect play or you're kicked and lower tier players are always jumping to the "next best alliance". The whole mentality now is that the grass is always greener on the other side. No one wants to put time into building a solid group. There's no patience with newer players. It's all about chasing those AW rewards. In my opinion, alliances were founded with the intention of having a group to grow with and battle with, through think and thin. Build friendships and not only enjoy the game but the people you're playing with. AW has all but killed that now and it's a shame.

Comments

  • Censored wrote: »
    You are wrong....Groups only stayed together after MCOC and kabam added the feature limiting the time you had to be in the alliance to get the rewards. People are quick to forget the days before this time frame when people were in and out of the alliance just to pick rewards and roll to the next. This is not as bad as it once was.

    100% agree
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 319
    Shaun01 wrote: »
    There was a time when alliances would stay together for years at a time. When anyone leaving an alliance was because of an emergency or personal. All that changed with the introduction of AW season 2. Now turnover is horrible. Top tier alliances require perfect play or you're kicked and lower tier players are always jumping to the "next best alliance". The whole mentality now is that the grass is always greener on the other side. No one wants to put time into building a solid group. There's no patience with newer players. It's all about chasing those AW rewards. In my opinion, alliances were founded with the intention of having a group to grow with and battle with, through think and thin. Build friendships and not only enjoy the game but the people you're playing with. AW has all but killed that now and it's a shame.

    And the shorter season hurts the alliances like our that have loyalty and can stay together. The volatile alliances that can’t stay together get the advantage in a shorter season
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 208
    Censored wrote: »
    You are wrong....Groups only stayed together after MCOC and kabam added the feature limiting the time you had to be in the alliance to get the rewards. People are quick to forget the days before this time frame when people were in and out of the alliance just to pick rewards and roll to the next. This is not as bad as it once was.

    Well, we never experienced "bouncing" problems back then.
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 208
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Shaun01 wrote: »
    There was a time when alliances would stay together for years at a time. When anyone leaving an alliance was because of an emergency or personal. All that changed with the introduction of AW season 2. Now turnover is horrible. Top tier alliances require perfect play or you're kicked and lower tier players are always jumping to the "next best alliance". The whole mentality now is that the grass is always greener on the other side. No one wants to put time into building a solid group. There's no patience with newer players. It's all about chasing those AW rewards. In my opinion, alliances were founded with the intention of having a group to grow with and battle with, through think and thin. Build friendships and not only enjoy the game but the people you're playing with. AW has all but killed that now and it's a shame.

    I'm sure this happens a lot, perhaps more often than is healthy, but I doubt this is the majority behavior. In any case this is certainly not my attitude. I'm still with the very first alliance that ever randomly recruited me. At this point, I'm pretty much the strongest player in it. I could probably jump to a much stronger alliance. But I have no desire to do so. It isn't that I don't care about the in-game rewards, it is just that I don't care about them enough to abandon my alliance mates. Where I push myself is in the solo game. I treat the alliance as a place to try to help others progress in the game. Maybe it is because I've been playing online games since almost before online games, but I don't treat online games as "just games" I treat them as collections of other people, and I treat online games like I treat other people, not like I treat Monopoly game pieces.

    One day this game will be gone, like every other online game before it. I've played online games that eventually shut down. Do I remember how high up the progress ladder I climbed? Sure. But how I treated my fellow players, even ones that barely knew I existed, those are the valuable memories. They are really the only stories I tell other people today.

    You basically described myself. I've been with the same group for years now. They took a shot on me when I was very low in the game. The core is still together but it's the other 10 or so that we struggle to keep. And 9 out of 10 times it's always the same reason, AW and going after higher tiers. Or worse, the lack of desirable recruits Because of our AW tier. We run 5x5 130+ million AQ and bounce from tier 4 and 5 and struggle to stay full. It's ridiculous imo.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 450
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Shaun01 wrote: »
    There was a time when alliances would stay together for years at a time. When anyone leaving an alliance was because of an emergency or personal. All that changed with the introduction of AW season 2. Now turnover is horrible. Top tier alliances require perfect play or you're kicked and lower tier players are always jumping to the "next best alliance". The whole mentality now is that the grass is always greener on the other side. No one wants to put time into building a solid group. There's no patience with newer players. It's all about chasing those AW rewards. In my opinion, alliances were founded with the intention of having a group to grow with and battle with, through think and thin. Build friendships and not only enjoy the game but the people you're playing with. AW has all but killed that now and it's a shame.

    I'm sure this happens a lot, perhaps more often than is healthy, but I doubt this is the majority behavior. In any case this is certainly not my attitude. I'm still with the very first alliance that ever randomly recruited me. At this point, I'm pretty much the strongest player in it. I could probably jump to a much stronger alliance. But I have no desire to do so. It isn't that I don't care about the in-game rewards, it is just that I don't care about them enough to abandon my alliance mates. Where I push myself is in the solo game. I treat the alliance as a place to try to help others progress in the game. Maybe it is because I've been playing online games since almost before online games, but I don't treat online games as "just games" I treat them as collections of other people, and I treat online games like I treat other people, not like I treat Monopoly game pieces.

    One day this game will be gone, like every other online game before it. I've played online games that eventually shut down. Do I remember how high up the progress ladder I climbed? Sure. But how I treated my fellow players, even ones that barely knew I existed, those are the valuable memories. They are really the only stories I tell other people today.

    I'd like to find an ally like yours, unfortunately I have to agree with the OP. I changed allies twice in 3 years and it was good since AW season was introduced. Since then, they only wanna push and some players wanna push even more and leave, and we are changing players like underwear.

    Every day someone is always ready to show his frustration, because the wrong use of items or "unnecessary" death and why not, because who cares if it's saturday night, your priority must be entering AW to remove a linked node.
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 152
    Just do well as an alliance. Keep the players.
  • The way AW seasons are currently set up is not sustainable. More and more people are quitting or retiring from the game due to the stress of having to play perfectly for 12 straight wars.

    Kabam addressed that by offering special AW boosts in the featured items section of the units store...
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 208
    Just do well as an alliance. Keep the players.

    I never thought of that. Thank you......
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 208
    The way AW seasons are currently set up is not sustainable. More and more people are quitting or retiring from the game due to the stress of having to play perfectly for 12 straight wars.

    Kabam addressed that by offering special AW boosts in the featured items section of the units store...

    Oh, you mean the special AW boosts that last for 3 minutes?
  • We too struggle to keep everyone. There's a constant turnover of about 4 to 5 players. That's the one good thing about the AQ change. Now bg3 is a testing bg lol.
  • @Shaun01. I sort of agree with what your saying.

    But I haven’t seen that much of “the grass is greener on the other side” mentality with my alliance. The core 15 members have basically been together for 1 and 1/2 + Years now (including my own 2+ years).

    People only ever leave if they do have personal issues and/or real life events that need their attention more than this game; and that’s understandable. Real Life comes before all this.

    Either that or we kick new guys who don’t communicate or cooperate well lol
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 207
    Shaun01 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Shaun01 wrote: »
    There was a time when alliances would stay together for years at a time. When anyone leaving an alliance was because of an emergency or personal. All that changed with the introduction of AW season 2. Now turnover is horrible. Top tier alliances require perfect play or you're kicked and lower tier players are always jumping to the "next best alliance". The whole mentality now is that the grass is always greener on the other side. No one wants to put time into building a solid group. There's no patience with newer players. It's all about chasing those AW rewards. In my opinion, alliances were founded with the intention of having a group to grow with and battle with, through think and thin. Build friendships and not only enjoy the game but the people you're playing with. AW has all but killed that now and it's a shame.

    I'm sure this happens a lot, perhaps more often than is healthy, but I doubt this is the majority behavior. In any case this is certainly not my attitude. I'm still with the very first alliance that ever randomly recruited me. At this point, I'm pretty much the strongest player in it. I could probably jump to a much stronger alliance. But I have no desire to do so. It isn't that I don't care about the in-game rewards, it is just that I don't care about them enough to abandon my alliance mates. Where I push myself is in the solo game. I treat the alliance as a place to try to help others progress in the game. Maybe it is because I've been playing online games since almost before online games, but I don't treat online games as "just games" I treat them as collections of other people, and I treat online games like I treat other people, not like I treat Monopoly game pieces.

    One day this game will be gone, like every other online game before it. I've played online games that eventually shut down. Do I remember how high up the progress ladder I climbed? Sure. But how I treated my fellow players, even ones that barely knew I existed, those are the valuable memories. They are really the only stories I tell other people today.

    You basically described myself. I've been with the same group for years now. They took a shot on me when I was very low in the game. The core is still together but it's the other 10 or so that we struggle to keep. And 9 out of 10 times it's always the same reason, AW and going after higher tiers. Or worse, the lack of desirable recruits Because of our AW tier. We run 5x5 130+ million AQ and bounce from tier 4 and 5 and struggle to stay full. It's ridiculous imo.

    Hit me up on line. Im looking for an alli. Ill tell ya about it on line. Darthkratos22
  • This seems to be the cases for start up Alliances in many cases. I see the same Alliances recruiting day after day in the Line groups I'm in. I have to pick up 1 or 2 players MAYBE once every couple of months these days. i'd say 25-28 are HAPPY to stay put and grow together. There's plenty of Alliances like ours out there still. Just got to stick together through thick and thin as it has been said. We may suffer a bit at the start of the season as 1 player just rage quit (who had 2 accounts with us) over a bad 6* pull (Daredevil). 2 other players are currently caught in the middle of Hurricane Florence and have VERY limited availability. We'll manage through this and by next week things will stabilize. Today is just one of those days it would seem.
Sign In or Register to comment.