**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AQ AI poll

How do you view the stagnant AI in AQ that refuses to charge you and be parried, nearly refuses everything. Stand still and wait for you to attack so they can intercept you, or at the very least they require you to stand and block to counter their heavy so you take block damagw

AQ AI poll 46 votes

Annoying. The timers force us to login frequently, sometimes while at work and it is time consuming and irritating
76%
MattyloPalanthraxBrainimpacterSmokingSurferXHans_GruberXStewmanBigDWSUSlipdripSpeedbumprealiTiccAncAmOPhilly3974M1k0rinH_B0MBGrumpyKatAdvFight_meRicemanKillSwitchNamelez 35 votes
It is a change from the monotonous AI that mostly consisted of combo, parry, repeat
15%
Il_JooOSupermanojDOKTOROKTOPUSSuperior_VenomJohn757Maldroit2Welderofortune 7 votes
I like it for other reasons
4%
Darkrider05XN0nameX 2 votes
I dislike it for other reasons
4%
TendersquadR4GE 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Annoying. The timers force us to login frequently, sometimes while at work and it is time consuming and irritating
    I just finished my path in aq. (on my lunch break) I was getting real annoyed with how defensive the AI is being.

Dorky Dave made that video a few weeks ago about the action point. And its almost like the action point has disappeared. I will pay more attention in this next day of AQ, but the AI seems to be performing much different than it ever has.

"but they don't make changes to anything without telling us!"
    malarkey
  • Options
    SuelSuel Posts: 279
    I thought it was just me sucking in a bad day, at least i see now that AQ opponents turned into Mordo
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I haven't experienced these issues either, sorry
  • Options
    10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,196 ★★★
    I hadn't really been paying too close attention, but now that you mention it, I have gone back and looked at some playing on my own and I agree, the AI seems to be more defensive than usual. It'll be something to keep an eye on to see if it is truly a change moving forward.
  • Options
    I haven't noticed this in my own game play. At least when I'm playing, the AI appears no different from other similar difficulty content, and no different today than in the recent past.
  • Options
    RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    Even though it has always been like this, it's still so dam annoying.
  • Options
    M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    edited September 2018
    I just realized today when play against mini boss morningstar
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Yep I used to like map5 cuz the AI there was not passive..but since the start of season 5,the defenders are not willing to use specials...I get cornered so many times trying to bait out specials..lost Ultron to MS and medusa to kingpin yesterday cuz they wouldn't use specials and cornered me
  • Options
    MoneyMosesMoneyMoses Posts: 13
    thought it was just me too. i was getting antsy and just bit the bullet instead
  • Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Yes, map 5 and below, the AI is completely passive. You can't parry reliably, they're programmed to charge and stop just out of reach. They will either stand there blocking for ages, or they'll stand in front of you openly, without any block, and wait to intercept you.

They won't throw many specials, so you'll be in danger of building them up to an SP3, and if you find yourself on the wall then you're screwed - because they'll wind up their heavy attack with a random 1-5 second delay before releasing it, so you can't anticipate the timing whatsoever.

To be honest, they're using the same kind of AI in the event quest for Heroic and Master, only Uncollected has the "proper" aggressive AI. Map 6 also has the aggressive AI, probably the only thing about map 6 that appeals to me.

I absolutely hate it, makes me dread playing the game.